I'm level 80!......now what?

So I recently hit 80 on my warrior and I'm not exactly sure what to do now. I've got my thief ready to level in the meantime, but as for 'end-game' what exactly can I do?

I'm not really clear on how to obtain legendary weapons that I see people with or how to find recipes to craft awesome gear / weapons and how to obtain the materials. What's the best way to start doing dungeons? Does WvWvW have any rewarding items I should be after?

Just wondering if people have any tips, sources, guides etc on what to do when you're level 80, I'm just a bit lost, that's all!

Deleted
    Take a look at https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...dgame-Handbook for a quick list of things you can do. There's another nice list on the second page too.

http://guildwars2hub.com/features/ed...gs-do-level-80 is another list of ideas.

There's another thread about endgame posted a few days ago. Check it out.

Basically, do what you're interested in. If you want a legendary, wiki the legendary you want and look at the list of ingredients needed to craft it. I warn you, this is a major time investment. I would recommend you start doing dungeons with your guild as gw2lfg is less newb friendly. WvWvW is its own reward. It has its own progression and you can buy exotics via badges and gold, but there's not any one special item in there outside of an ingredient you need for a Legendary.

Currently, I'm at 2100+ hours and I'm currently looking to do Explorer achievements to round my Achievement Points up to 7000 for the next weapon skin reward.

Thanks for your help, I'll check the links out and find what's best to do

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Currently, I'm at 2100+ hours and I'm currently looking to do Explorer achievements to round my Achievement Points up to 7000 for the next weapon skin reward.
    Best of luck with your achievements

You do the same things at level 80 as 1-79. There is no effective difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You do the same things at level 80 as 1-79. There is no effective difference.
    Yeah I'm slowly adapting to the different game style, in a good way Was just a little lost that's all!

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Yeah I'm slowly adapting to the different game style, in a good way Was just a little lost that's all!
    That's cool. Just remember that there is no race to catch up with- take your time. The game allows it.

In MMO terms, GW2 is more freeform. It's a lot of roaming- adventure seeking. More of a playground than theme park.

That's cool. Just remember that there is no race to catch up with- take your time. The game allows it.

In MMO terms, GW2 is more freeform. It's a lot of roaming- adventure seeking. More of a playground than theme park.
    Yeah and that's a thing I really like, the change of pace. Lots of fun

Deleted
    [...] that there is no race to catch up with- take your time. The game allows it.

[...]
    Mainly what I love in GW2.

~
    Currently I'm going for achievement points since I really want those radiant gloves. This gives me excuses to do dungeon paths I haven't done before, and jumping puzzles. It also got me to try PvP. And I actually enjoyed that.

And meanwhile I just focus on things I really love in any game; the cosmetic part. Making beautiful screenshot, dressing up my characters... I just try to play the game the way I like. Sometimes I really like to play casually, and sometimes I really have to search for the challenge. But they are there. The ultimate challenge (legendary) isn't on my list for now, but who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Thanks for your help, I'll check the links out and find what's best to do

Best of luck with your achievements
    Thanks! Got to 7k last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Get at least full set of exotics. People seem to love berserker gear. Personal advice though, don't start with berserker until your comfortable with your class and dungeons. Maybe start with a Soldier set (power/vitality/toughness) and then move towards a berserker set. A PVT set is easy to get through karma, WvW, and easy dungeon paths (COF, HoTW, AC are good for fresh 80s). A PVT set is also a balanced set for WvW. Read the Equipment Acquisition page on the GW2 wiki.

2 . Pick a goal. Do you want to conquer all the dungeons? Become a WvW monster? Get cool gear skins. You mentioned a legendary. Read over the legendary page on the GW2 wiki. Start with collecting karma, skill points (xp), and get map completion done. Hoard T6 crafting mats, save up at least 120g.

3. Fractals are fun for bit, I think it takes to long to get to the point where they are challenging though.

4. Hunt achievements. This can pretty fun actually. GW2 has bunch of fun little mini dungeons to explore and some of the jumping puzzles are well designed. I feel guilty sometimes because I know a lot of people are missing out on some of the content that's tucked away. Example, Hidden Garden is a simple jumping puzzle but Aneta obviously spent a lot of work designing it.

There are a number of things that are different at max level, mostly for scaling reasons:

Gear no longer becomes obsolete based on its level as you reach the level cap. Which means that you can now acquire gear that will be "best in slot" until AN decides to introduce the next item tier. Thus, now, spending your Karma, Gold, and other currencies on Exotic gear actually makes sense because they're not going to get replaced anytime soon (except by Ascended or Celestial gear). They also now serve a purpose because there's content that justifies having optimized equipment (Fractals, Explorers, WvW). Similarly, crafting expensive equipment might now be worth it, especially Celestial gear.

You are no longer useless in WvW fights. However, unless you're playing a Thief, Confusion Mesmer/Engineer, Ranger or D/D Elementalist you still should not leave your zerg.

You can now acquire/use tokens for endgame gear, mostly from Explorers and Fractals, or buy the stuff you get for WvW tokens and Laurels

You can farm start gearing for Fractal of the Mists.You will need a lot of agony resistance in Higher levels.SO i suggest to start farming the back slot item

Find a guild and run some dungeons!

Or explore the world and slowly complete the map, enjoying all of the scenery and time that went into making it!

Craft!

Achievements!

Mine or Cut trees for gold, and then buy something nice with it (A new shiny weapon perhaps?!)!

Explore the living world areas!

Run more dungeons!

PvP!

WvW!

I can't stand people who say GW2 has no lasting appeal. I'm having tons of fun logging in!

Thanks for those links, Flixy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I feel guilty sometimes because I know a lot of people are missing out on some of the content that's tucked away. Example, Hidden Garden is a simple jumping puzzle but Aneta obviously spent a lot of work designing it.
    the JP has arguably the best vistas in the game, imo. going up to the top to get the Wind Essence and you see the love that went into creating it from the rolling clouds going by, to the artificial wind blowing the grass around in a non-uniform manner and howling as it passes you, to the view from the top down, impressive!. being up there you could swear you were literally in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    You are no longer useless in WvW fights. However, unless you're playing a Thief, Confusion Mesmer/Engineer, Ranger or D/D Elementalist you still should not leave your zerg.
    eh, i solo roam as a Terror/Condi Pressure Necro with Epi and do just fine 1vX up to about 4-5, great fun and you get to test your mettle.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaccaBird View Post
    I can't stand people who say GW2 has no lasting appeal. I'm having tons of fun logging in!
    closing in on 3k hours and i know exactly what you mean. from what i have read/been told, there are some people who cannot make their own fun and prefer to be lead/directed to what they should expect to be fun. one of the best patches and achievements was the Aetherblade one with the caches, talk about some f-ing fun, the hunt for those caches took me to areas of the game that have been there since release but that i would not have found had it not been for that patch with that achievement track. just as an example i had fun doing the Indiana Jones mini-dungeon/JP where the earth beneath you crumbles and you fall to you death as you land on spikes. and you can tell that ANet love to hide content, coz getting to the Griffon Rook JP was an endeavor to say the least, haha. great fun though.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Seems a bit of a contradictory statement!
    Lol, indeed, I would never have gone there without being led there just after being derogatory to people who like to be led somewhere.

As to OP just go with the flow, I struggle everytime I log in to decide what to do, its not because there isn't stuff to do its just I have little desire to do them. I await a decent LFG then I am right back on it. For now I just potter around towards my 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Seems a bit of a contradictory statement!
    by make your own fun i mean find something to do other than what you expect from other MMOs once you reach cap. another thing is i did not have to do it at all to stay competitive, the experience was the reward and not some shiny, that's the point. and for this kind of content that's tucked away for a PvPer it was nice to know that these places even existed.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist