Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Looks like one of the best boss fights in the game togheter with the Lich King fight.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why do player teleport to the vale? What lore reason could there possibly be for that. It doesn't make sense.

    Edit: Never mind i understand. Its taking them to place of every major sha.
    You're not teleported there but you enter Y'shaarj's heart and see memories of Y'shaarj similar to the brainroom from Yogg Saron. The fight itself looks good and if they hadn't played so aggressively to kill the boss as quick as possible and ignoring trash and stuff they would have killed him. I'm really interested what happens at the end of the fight. I can't see major lore characters in the throne room and I wonder if we alone will defeat Garrosh without the help from NPCs.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    You're not teleported there but you enter Y'shaarj's heart and see memories of Y'shaarj similar to the brainroom from Yogg Saron. The fight itself looks good and if they hadn't played so aggressively to kill the boss as quick as possible and ignoring trash and stuff they would have killed him. I'm really interested what happens at the end of the fight. I can't see major lore characters in the throne room and I wonder if we alone will defeat Garrosh without the help from NPCs.
    Fury of whatever weapon he is holding, tries to ress us up as big Sha minions, Thrall prays to the elements and breaks free from the stun, stoping Garrosh's cast and while he is dizzy we kill him off.

  4. #24
    Can anyone copy the video link? Youtube movies never show on iPads unless you go through the link itself. Mucho thankos!

  5. #25
    Loading screens in the middle of fight is going to be an issue for many.

    DPS: Why did I pull aggro and die
    Tank: Because Im still loading

    or healers might not make it into the fight in time.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindsides View Post
    The artwork sure looks like he's corrupted, but he's using the sha, like a weapon. He's in control
    Yeah, remember the point where he yanked everyone into his heart and proceeded to isolate and torture himself with Old God magic?

    Wait, I think Y'shaarj did that.

  7. #27
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Yeah, remember the point where he yanked everyone into his heart and proceeded to isolate and torture himself with Old God magic?

    Wait, I think Y'shaarj did that.
    It doesn't matter if hes being controlled during the fight. What matters, is that everything he did up until the siege was just douche Garrosh.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Yeah, remember the point where he yanked everyone into his heart and proceeded to isolate and torture himself with Old God magic?

    Wait, I think Y'shaarj did that.
    When something is corrupted, it is altered negativing in some way. When you are talking about a person who is corrupted, their morals have been altered. From the start of this xpac, to Garrosh's death, his morals, goals, methods, etc have been the same and have had no outside influence. Therefore, he has not been corrupted. If anything the only thing that becomes corrupted in this video is Garrosh's body.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, i still dont understand why you are teleporting to those places though. Just because the other sha were there doesn't mean it makes sense to just magically teleport to those places.
    Were are being teleported there because Yshaarj was in all of those places (Doubt,despair,fear) we we're going into the heart of yshaarj. it makes sense.

  10. #30
    The Patient Trolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    333
    My question is:
    On the early PTR Garrosh preview I saw some kind of huge one-shotting balls moving around the platform (at least on the first phase), but now there are none.
    So, did they decide to make them heroic only or what?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    My question is:
    On the early PTR Garrosh preview I saw some kind of huge one-shotting balls moving around the platform (at least on the first phase), but now there are none.
    So, did they decide to make them heroic only or what?
    They are still there. If you read the Dungeon Journal, you can see that there are engineer adds that spawn. When they finish a cast, the balls are released; if they die during the cast, they are not.

  12. #32
    This looks really good, and what I like in lore wise, he starts off with his " normal " Garrosh attitude. His Horde will rule the world. He is Son of Hellscream, he even shouts that. But the longer the fight goes on, the more hatred he builds up, the more damage he takes and the refusal of the Alliance / Horde champions to die.

    That's when the Heart takes over and corrupts him fully, you can see it in his speeches. A really well done fight and a fitting end so far!
    https://itunes.apple.com/nl/book/the...10289246?mt=11 <3 My book; The Light of Dawn. forever in my heart, never forgotten.

    ** http://www.youtube.com/user/Cassave ** Danion's Gaming Hub! It's on now!

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,799
    Looks like a neato fight, gonna be fun to kick some Garrosh ass! =)
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Kazzak EU

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Spekzor View Post
    Looks like one of the best boss fights in the game togheter with the Lich King fight.
    lol... its completely different than lich king, looks like ten times easier and not epic at all

  15. #35
    Boring and anti-climactic, especially being outshone by most of the ToT bosses and mechanics.

  16. #36
    I should note that the boss is likely not currently scaled correctly. For example, there was a major mechanic in phase 1 that was ignored, which shouldn't be able to be ignored (letting an engineer release an Iron Star to kill the adds). The sha in the shadow realms also seemed to die too fast (he didn't gain enough energy to empower one of his abilities until the second shadow realm phase). This is PTR, the entire purpose of it is to test new things so that they can be tuned, not to give a sneak peak at a boss prior to it going live.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    You're not teleported there but you enter Y'shaarj's heart and see memories of Y'shaarj similar to the brainroom from Yogg Saron. The fight itself looks good and if they hadn't played so aggressively to kill the boss as quick as possible and ignoring trash and stuff they would have killed him. I'm really interested what happens at the end of the fight. I can't see major lore characters in the throne room and I wonder if we alone will defeat Garrosh without the help from NPCs.
    Early on in the video you can see a bit of Thrall standing in a balcony, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I should note that the boss is likely not currently scaled correctly. For example, there was a major mechanic in phase 1 that was ignored, which shouldn't be able to be ignored (letting an engineer release an Iron Star to kill the adds). The sha in the shadow realms also seemed to die too fast (he didn't gain enough energy to empower one of his abilities until the second shadow realm phase). This is PTR, the entire purpose of it is to test new things so that they can be tuned, not to give a sneak peak at a boss prior to it going live.
    Tuning has nothing to do with a boss beeing "bland" or not, we had exactly the same disscussion with madness of deathwing back in cata.
    People where always "but it's not tuned!" on the PTR, while that absolutely did not matter for what the fight was about.

    Not saying Garrosh looks like madness, god no lol

    I think the fight is ok, maybe there are even more mechanics missing and we don't know what it will be like on hc.
    However, i think the fight looks pretty boring for melee players, just like Lei - Shen. Awesome tuning, really tough fight, but pretty boring, other than not standing in shit.

    I started raiding with T11, so while many didn't like the whole interupt heavyness of those fights, I thought it was actually pretty engaging for melee's, nowadays it's almost all about not standing in shit, which is nothing short of a clusterfuck (25 man) but not really that engaging at all.

    I'd like some more fights with more melee responsibility, not like Animus, where a single mistake will most likely wipe you, but something more than just not standing in crap and tunneling the boss, like tortos, god the first kill was soooo ungodly long and boring, please don't repeat that.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    The iron star mechanic is intended, otherwise there wouldn't be an achievement for it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Normal fights are never meant to be epic, they are meant to be killable, I'm pretty sure it will be insane on heroic.
    Ah, I didn't know about the achievement. But still, it seemed like it was easier to not let the Iron Star release and kill the adds yourself rather than letting the star kill them and dealing with the higher damage. You probably will have to use the star on heroic though (just a guess).

  20. #40
    Too many loading screens... afraid of that ><

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •