Deleted

Steam overlay and wow

First of all i dont know if this is the right section to post it but i have a small problem.
    I added World of warcraft to steam, so when i started it only the launcher showed up and steam didnt recognize wow so i figured out that i had to change the exe to wow.exe. But the game didnt show up either when i started wow. Then i changed to exe to wow-64.exe and steam can track my game. But the steam overlay isnt working at all? Does someone has a fix or any idea what i should do? Cause lots of threads date back to 2009-2011 and arent usefull at all.
    Sorry for my bad english
    Thanks in advance

Using Windows 8 64bit

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried renaming your wow-64 to just wow and maybe that would work? Long shot but worth a try...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    You mean change the wow-64.exe to wow.exe? or in steam?

Edit: They both work wow-64.exe and wow.exe but steam overlay isnt showing up. Steam records the game but i want steam overlay to work. Cause lots of ppl got it to work so.
    Last edited by mmoc714e603a43; 2013-08-01 at 05:43 AM.

I have wow-64.exe launch through steam and I've never had the overlay not work with it. As long as the game itself is directly launched and not the launcher, it should work fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insectoid View Post
    You mean change the wow-64.exe to wow.exe? or in steam?

Edit: They both wow-64.exe and wow.exe but steam overlay isnt showing up. Steam records the game but i want steam overlay to work. Cause lots of ppl got it to work so.
    all you have to do is make sure the wow-64 bit is not ticked in the wow options of the launcher thats why the overlay is not working.

Deleted
    okay i just restarted steam and overlay is working.

i'm 99.9% sure you're having fraps (or equivalents) on with its fps overlay, amirite?
    got the same problem when i'm running the 64-bit version (32-bit works fine).

workaround for that is turning off fraps before starting wow. after wow has started and the steam overlay has initialized you can turn fraps back on.

Deleted
    Not fraps on. I just had to wait a bit like you said till it worked