Deleted

shrine of moons and stars?

yo lil question bout the 2 shrines in vale thingy place in pandaria,,.. i thought pandaria was unknown to horde and alliance. i might have missed the story or explanation somewhere but i was wondering were the shrine of moons and shrine of stars already in pandaria before we got there?? if so why are they identical and what purpose did they have?. if not and we built them, why did horde and ally built exact copies ? (albeit in reverse) ta

10+ Year Old Account
    They were there before we went to pandaria, we just took them over they were prob just servant quarters for the palace or some sort of housing for royal mogu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Blizzard is lazy.
    You're wrong.

Both of those structures are ancient Mogu shrines taken over by the Pandaren when they successfully overthrew the Mogu empire. The Golden Lotus have allowed the use of those two opposing shrines in the Vale for the Horde and the Alliance as a base of operations while dealing with the Sha and the Thunder King. I don't believe any quests outright explain what each one of the buildings did, but my guess would be religious or quarters of some sort as they ring the mogu palace in the center.

Do the Kun-Lai questline that opens the Vale up and you'll get a full history of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    They were there before we went to pandaria, we just took them over they were prob just servant quarters for the palace or some sort of housing for royal mogu
    This. Even Garrosh says (paraphrased) "This was built by the Mogu? I must learn from these Mogu. They were obviously very powerful."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think they was in pandaria before and before the horde and allys comes

Deleted
    ah ok thx ididnt pay much attention to what the quests were telling me by that point lol, was more accept quest, look on map, go kill something quick grrrrrrrr this last half a bar is doing my nut in......... i wasn't fussed on MoP quest lines tbh.

but yea cheers for clearing that up.