Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    It is obvious that there will be more neutral races!

It is obvious that the Naga will be a playable race sooner or later!

So it would not be surprising that in a next expansion centered on Azshara we could finally play as a Naga, both in the Alliance as in the Horde!

Little time left ...
    Oh man, I sure hope so. Honestly, there's so many ways they could choose to do the Naga... part of me wonders if they'll take an unexpected route, or go with something more people have been guessing at. Either way, I really want to see playable Naga and a few more class/race combinations! Gimme my Gnome Hunters, Draenei Rogues, Panda DKs, and Worgen Monks!

Naga should definitely be playable.They are one of the few original wc3 races that still havent made it to playable race.They are uniquely looking completely destinguishable with big enough population and intellect to give a chance for great story behind them.
    And for ppl that dont want them pls just dont play as naga but don't ruin it for the rest by constantly complaining and saying that would never happen.

Erhm cough cough... I actually made a small note on nagas in another thread. So I'm just going to copy paste it because I haven't seen anyone mention it. If so I'm sorry. (No not my post but what I'm saying in it)

I like this it sounds like something that could actually end up happening. If the dark below is indeed an Azshara/N'soth expansion.

I would like to see the naga though as a neutral race available for both factions. (Even if blizz have mentioned they don't really like neutral races)

We already know that there are nagas that are against azshara who believes in neptulon the tidehunter. We have only seen one instance of this though Skar'this the Heretic in slave pens/coilfang.
    He can't be the only one out there. So I was thinking while reading some of the lore behind Neptulon:
    What if there have lived small groups of Naga throughout Azeroth all being protected by Neptulons magic, sort of how the mists worked around pandaria.

But now their god has been taken away and is in danger the Tidehunter nagas decides it is time to reveal themselves to the world and openly oppose Azshara. But they can't fight Azshara alone thus seeking help from the Alliance and the Horde.
    Immediatly shunned and threatened by Varian and the new Warchief.

But as luck would have it Malfurion(maybe Tyrande) is with the King at this time and senses something different about these Naga almost as if they were still elves. The male naga's look smarter than their Azsharan counter part and the females seem less dominant.
    On the horde side the same is happening just with Sylvanas instead. (considering she was a high elf once)

How it would work for the player:
    As a Tidehunter Naga you are called to arms to defend your tribe against the Azsharan invasion. You end up victorious but at heavy loss. It is decided that you should go with the diplomats either to Orgrimmar or to Stormwind in order to seek out new alliances.

Okay now that I look at it my imagination might have gotten the better of me but who knows I can still hope. I just want to play a naga. /sadface
    (Also sorry for my lack of english. It's my second language and I might be a bit rusty)
    ((Oh and I would like to mention that remember blizzard is notorious for changing their lore as they go along just because it doesn't fit with how their story is going to be later on))
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-08-27 at 08:55 PM.

New race for...? The horde? Naga are the enemy. They'll always be evil. The magic which mutated them from nightelves into naga, the extent of that corruption is binding. No. If there were to be new races, imo Jin'yu for the alliance, Mantid for horde. And those would be quite unlikely, however badass that would be.

There are just few thoughts im gonna leave in here...

Naga WITH leggs. Another transformation or perhaps evolution..
    Naga being able to transform into humanoid form (Ye i know, "Another worgens"...it's just a thought) or the other way around...Former High elves being able to transform "back" into their "old" naga form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    There are just few thoughts im gonna leave in here...

Naga WITH leggs. Another transformation or perhaps evolution..
    Naga being able to transform into humanoid form (Ye i know, "Another worgens"...it's just a thought) or the other way around...Former High elves being able to transform "back" into their "old" naga form.
    Why? why do they need leggs?

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Why? why do they need leggs?
    Pretty much this. It wouldn't be naga without the slithering tail. I don't want to see somekind of weird mutant naga with legs. >_>
    Besides wouldn't that just be the jinyu or what they are called.

Besides I think it is one of the most attractive aspects of a naga, it's different. Armor is easy to fix, feet armor is just a tail ring or nothing. Riding is also quite easy since you can ride sideways in the real world why wouldn't naga be able to do that. And all of this have been mentioned before I can't see why it's an issue. I used to be skeptical about the naga aswell. I just couldn't see how they would ride or the armor issue but since I saw some examples and the sideways riding I'm pretty sold.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-08-27 at 09:35 PM.

I'm sorry guys but Naga isn't going to happen, that's like saying they're going to make Satyr a playable race since they've been around from the beginning yada yada, or demons, dreadlords ect... Naga are inherentily evil, and blizz isn't going to short change players on gear just because a few people don't mind not having legs. Think about all the complaints just because x race's boots are cut off, now translate that to, no leggings or boots.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This thread isn't all that old, so I thought I would mention it here again! Quoted from myself in another thread:

Spreading the word! What do you think? Does this raise the chances of seeing a potentially neutral race, like Naga, Arakkoa, or Ethereals?
    "At least" implied the possibility for more. His phraseology suggests that "at most" would be a more accurate expectation.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    I'm sorry guys but Naga isn't going to happen, that's like saying they're going to make Satyr a playable race since they've been around from the beginning yada yada, or demons, dreadlords ect... Naga are inherentily evil, and blizz isn't going to short change players on gear just because a few people don't mind not having legs. Think about all the complaints just because x race's boots are cut off, now translate that to, no leggings or boots.
    That's like saying they're going to make Worgen a playable race since they've been around from the beginning yada yada... Worgen are inherently evil, and have always appeared in-game as hostile mobs! Etc etc.

Don't make this argument, bro. Blizzard can change things to fit however they want. If they want Playable Naga, they can damned well make a convincing story for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Obviously the Naga will become a playable race sooner or later, specifically they will be a neutral race available to both Horde and Alliance in the expansion of Queen Azshara, and the comment of Ghostcrawler does nothing more than confirm it...

So their racial mount is going to a be a flower? They won't get very far.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

Nope. Snap dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPedia
    "Many snap dragons exist in the South Seas, where they are a danger. All avoid them except the naga, who train the beasts for war. Snap dragons spend much of their time on land, where their acidic spit is effective, but use the water to surprise prey and to move quickly through their territory."

http://wowpedia.org/Snap_dragon

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    How did you get that to a flower. >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I really hope not, I have no clue why people want to play Naga at all.
    Same here and I have discussed with real life people I know that used to play and they equally find the baffling, can't think of anything worse.

Don't do it Blizzard.

On another note, hope the leak is right and no new classes or races, we simply don't need them, the game needs improving not some more fluff that adds nothing to the actual reason we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    How did you get that to a flower. >_>
    Snapdragons are a type of flower, like one of the most widely known types...

Sigh...
    Last edited by muto; 2013-08-27 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Same here and I have discussed with real life people I know that used to play and they equally find the baffling, can't think of anything worse.

Don't do it Blizzard.

On another note, hope the leak is right and no new classes or races, we simply don't need them, the game needs improving not some more fluff that adds nothing to the actual reason we play.
    I don't know how people can play as humans! Naga are awesome, and quite different from the currently available playable races. Lucky for us Naga fans, Metzen is also a Naga lover... and I believe is it very likely they will be made playable in The Dark Below.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I don't know how people can play as humans! Naga are awesome, and quite different from the currently available playable races. Lucky for us Naga fans, Metzen is also a Naga lover... and I believe is it very likely they will be made playable in The Dark Below.
    Oh and to futher give it a nudge in our favor:
    Metzen has stated that he would like naga to be playable one day along with goblins (who have since become playable in Cataclysm), and ogres. Due to their general role as villains, it is likely the playable naga would be like the Draenei are to the demonic Eredar. Greg Street has commented that incorporating naga as a playable race "would present some unique challenges, such as lack of pants."
    And the pants part is already easy to fix as mentioned by multiple people.

But seriously why all the negativity about the naga? There's been a big fuzz with people wanting Ogre as a playable race and personally I can't see why Ogre's should end up as a playable. On the other hand I would still like to see them ingame since SO MANY people wants them. I'm just never going to play as them.

The same goes for the etheral. The arakkoa I can agree on but all three of them fits more to a burning legion expac. If the dark below is indeed an azshara expac why not have naga then?

It's just to throw us a bone to keep on playing. Personally I would jump right on naga and possibly never play any other race again. Even when the updated models are done. (with the exception of class restrictions)
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-08-27 at 10:33 PM.

That's like saying they're going to make Worgen a playable race since they've been around from the beginning yada yada... Worgen are inherently evil, and have always appeared in-game as hostile mobs! Etc etc.

Don't make this argument, bro. Blizzard can change things to fit however they want. If they want Playable Naga, they can damned well make a convincing story for it.
    Worgen were never a main race, they were like scrap a story together for them we need more races. Naga are a huge part of the lore and they are one of the main antagonists of the wow series, first of all the highborne were all scum in the first place and believed they were better than the rest and lived in a a predominate highborne society, they followed their queen into the hands of the burning legion who they almost let sargeras pass through and destroy the planet and when that plan failed they made a deal with the old gods which now makes them very corrupt, there is also no evidence of them being able to reproduce so pretty much they are all extremely old and very pissed off, even IF a clan somehow managed to get there hands out of either the old gods and queen azshara hands and went to land to try to join the aliance or horde, they would never allow them in because they have absolutely no redeeming factors, its not like they are worgen and had no choice in being turned, no they chose it for themselves anyway to some it up the tauren and night elves would hunt them down to the end of the earth.

- - - Updated - - -

also, the worgen were not inherintly evil, they were inherintly pissed off because after the necromancer turned gilneas into worgen, the rest of the humans walled off the city and left them there to fend for themselves for a loooooong time it was only untill the night elves showed them the ways of whatever the fuck they do that they gained trust again, they still dont have much trust for humans and thats why they stay with the night elves in darnassus