Need Alistar advice in Aram.

I have Alistar thanks to a promotion on youtube Riot was running. At least, I think it was the youtube one. Anyway, I get Alistar in aram and I usually get depressed. Reason being, I die. A lot. Like, I cannot keep enough mana to do anything for more then five seconds on him (using my heal enough for it to keep me alive ensures that). If I cannot heal I die in a few seconds. He has literally no defensive move other then his ult, and a long stun. I just can't do anything on him even. Even if I have my two defensive moves up and ready, my mana sucker of a heal ensures that I probably don't have the mana to use it anyway. So what can I do so I can have some fun as Alistar at least in aram? Like what kind of a build, general tips so his mana doesn't go dry in three seconds flat. Anything really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grab a chalice and the mana problems are mostly gone while also giving some magic ress to make you live longer.
    Frozen hearth is also a good item to grab.

Put on your ult headbut there tank/cc out of the way, Knock up their damage and laugh as your team slaughters themm all. Protect your carry and win the game.
    And if you die sometimes pfff so what as long as more of themm die its al good!

I can handle his mana costs with a philo stone but as you seem to be having great problems, I'd suggest getting a chalice early on and max E. The added damage and CDR from leveling up Q sounds great but ARAM is rarely about all ins but more about who can poke better and out sustain the enemy.

Your 2nd item should be the new locket and afterwards build whatever your team needs. Gauntlet is a good 3rd or 4th item if you are tanky enough and your team really needs just a little bit of added damage and slow.

In the end just do your job by keeping your team alive (E) and either initiating on an overextended squishy (W -> Q) or keeping people away from a fed carry (Again W & Q but if they run into you, you still have W to push them away after the Q)

What i always do when I play Alistar is to Buy a chalice at the start eventually make it to an Athene grail, Swiftness boots for some speed. Frozenheart or a ice born gauntlet. I often also buy the Tank jungle stone. Now you are pretty tanky and got 40% CDR to disrupt the enemy team like hell.

The tank/CDR build makes you able to disrupt the enemy team like crazy. Now either if you do not have a proper tank you can initiate and tank for your team. If you have a dedicated tank you are king at keeping assassins and the likes from your Ad carry. IF they do not have assassins on the team? Due to your speed you can disrupt the enemy carry and often kill him even.

And early game you rule as an AoE healing to chalice. And with the first skills in headbutt and pulverize you can keep hard initiates at bay by simply knocking them back.
    My approach is a bit more aggressive then most play him. Also learn the Alistar combo!

When I get ali, I go full ap, always. At the end of the match you will be just 1shotting squishies with your combo (dfg+w+q+AA). Start with chalice so you don't run oom very fast. Then build it into grail. Full build looks something like this: sorc boots with alacricity, grail, lichbane, rabbadon, DFG, abyssal. Very fun to play if you can pull off the combo.

When I get ali in aram I build him like a brick wall...if they are majority ad...I build armor items, If they are a majority of ap champs, I will build magic resist (and grab a chalice at some point). It sounds like your mana problems are due to healing a lot with 'e'. When I play ali on aram early game I stay out of range of the enemy team for the most part and just capitalize on out of place enemys. Late game you will be able to take a lot more damage so that is when you can start initiating for your team and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend a starting chalice as well. I typically build defensive and support aura items on him. Your goal should be to survive the entire fight with enough mana to constantly spam your abilities to keep the enemy team incapacitated while healing and buffing your team mates.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you can sneak into their bushes a bit and charge them from behind when they over-extend, you can do great and terrible things to even a well-organized enemy team by forcing their MVP's into terrible spots Charge-from behind->(your team picks off their MVP)->Knock-up their team so they can't assist while you run back to your team - your team will either push hard or multi-kill with little or no risk
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I normally play him tank, but just went against an AP one. He...was...ridiculous

dont headbutt low hp enemy lol, all i can think of right now XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I normally play him tank, but just went against an AP one. He...was...ridiculous
    i remember vsing AP ali.... omg that headbutt is sooooooo annoying lol in summoner's rift mid btw
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    AP Ali works if the enemy team doesn't have ... 1 single knock-away? If your ult is down, you die in 0.01 seconds.

IMO, best and only way to build Ali (granted you have damage coming from SOMEWHERE) is to just go full tank and disrupt them so hard it hurts. Body block, Q multiple people, or try catching the squishy targets with W+Q combo so your team can engage.
    If you run flash, flash + Q , waddle waddle, + W into your team.

His disruption is so insane and he can tank towers with his ult, I always find it a waste going AP with his long cooldowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I have Alistar thanks to a promotion on youtube Riot was running. At least, I think it was the youtube one. Anyway, I get Alistar in aram and I usually get depressed. Reason being, I die. A lot. Like, I cannot keep enough mana to do anything for more then five seconds on him (using my heal enough for it to keep me alive ensures that). If I cannot heal I die in a few seconds. He has literally no defensive move other then his ult, and a long stun. I just can't do anything on him even. Even if I have my two defensive moves up and ready, my mana sucker of a heal ensures that I probably don't have the mana to use it anyway. So what can I do so I can have some fun as Alistar at least in aram? Like what kind of a build, general tips so his mana doesn't go dry in three seconds flat. Anything really.
    You should rush a chalice as first item, so you can spam heal without running out of mana.
    Orb of Winter (Or wtf it's called, the new ARAM item) is also a great item for Alistar, as you can wait for the shield, and then W + Q combo them (Cast Q while flying toward them with W and you will knock them up before you send them flying). You generally want to build full tank and just be a meatshield for your team, that's mostly what happens when you're melee in ARAM anyway. Just try to stun people and headbutt them into your team, or initiate onto them with the W+Q Combo. That's the only thing you can do as Alistar.

When I get that damn bull, I just go for full healing. The healing he can produce is insane in ARAM.
    Keeping everyone alive with the heal, headbutt some agressive player into my group and knock up the enemies when they stand together for my team to do mad damage.
    Seems to work pretty well actually c: