1. #1

    Shaman Heal/DPS for ToT HC (Help with Reforge)

    Hello shammys,

    I raid in a 10 Man guild as a main healer, however I too DPS, for example in Durumu HC. My problem here is: I don't really know what to gem and reforge to get the best possible of each spec. I know for sure that:

    -High haste cap for heal helps with elemental dps
    -Have 50% Mastery ( instead of full crit ) helps with elemental dps
    -Have lower spirit (and I'm fine with that ) helps with elemental dps

    However I'm still a bit lost and I really need help to get things right and have both heal and good dps.

    My raid setup is a Disc Priest, Resto Druid and Resto Shaman.

    This is my armory in DPS gear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B6cky/advanced

    The extra/healing pieces I have are:

    4 Tier pieces: Leg (LFR), Helmet, Chest and Gloves ( Normal )
    Spaulders of Quaking Fear ( Heroic)
    Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn ( Normal )
    Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault ( Normal + 2 upgrades)

    I know this is hard work but could somebody please tell me which would be the best reforge for me?

    I currently go 8880 Haste > 50% Mastery > Crit > Spirit ( ends up im about 7600 ) with the healing pieces

    Then reforge the DPS-only pieces to get closer to the elemental reforge ( 15% Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit )

    However, I made a recent SimulationCraft test and now master weights more than haste for my DPS spec. Something about 2.4 against 2.6
    And I'm pretty sure my gems are all messed up

    LF a bit of advice. Ty
    Löcky
    Last edited by LockyShaman; 2013-08-11 at 05:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    31
    It seems that you have very low amount of spirit. with 5k you'll lose your mana nearly at start. I'll recommend you like that:
    Spirit (~13-15k, saw some shamans doing 17-20k, can't understand why) > 5673 (7613 for 5.4) > Crit > Mastery > Haste above cap

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblelol View Post
    It seems that you have very low amount of spirit. with 5k you'll lose your mana nearly at start. I'll recommend you like that:
    Spirit (~13-15k, saw some shamans doing 17-20k, can't understand why) > 5673 (7613 for 5.4) > Crit > Mastery > Haste above cap
    I'm pretty comfortable with ~7k spirit + flask ( with alchemy). I can't reforge out of mastery to spirit because that would make my DPS spec pretty weak, I guess.

  4. #4
    I suggest making two sets (its sounds annoying) but is definitely worth it if your going to fulfill two roles.

    A great way to start this is just get a couple pieces. On the resto pieces overload them with as much spirit/crit as possible. On your Ele pieces have as little spirit as possible (if possible none at all) and have as much mastery/haste as possible.

    On the pieces you share between specs get as much haste as possible (haste is beneficial for both specs) I even go for 9,597 healing rain haste break point for my resto set.

    I am currently 6/13 heroic X]

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I suggest making two sets (its sounds annoying) but is definitely worth it if your going to fulfill two roles.

    A great way to start this is just get a couple pieces. On the resto pieces overload them with as much spirit/crit as possible. On your Ele pieces have as little spirit as possible (if possible none at all) and have as much mastery/haste as possible.

    On the pieces you share between specs get as much haste as possible (haste is beneficial for both specs) I even go for 9,597 healing rain haste break point for my resto set.

    I am currently 6/13 heroic X]
    I agree with Rafal overall. With your healing comp, mastery is pretty much useless to you with both a druid and a disc priest, so try to banish it completely from your Resto set. As said above, just slowly work on getting two separate sets. Of most importance will be separate Helms and Trinkets for the two specs, and then change out the other pieces as you can. You'll also want to sim your gear, as often an optimal LFR/Normal piece will be better for ele than a spirit saturated Normal/Heroic piece (although, with Int weighted so highly, it can still come close even if you're above your hit cap). Your haste breakpoints for resto are really going to be up to you, i find that I prefer the feel of high haste builds so i prioritize that even though it is very hard to effectively use Healing Rain in a 10 man setting.

  6. #6
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    31
    Making one piece for both sets is bad idea... Use ReforgeSaver addon and reforge before fights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    On the pieces you share between specs get as much haste as possible (haste is beneficial for both specs) I even go for 9,597 healing rain haste break point for my resto set.
    9597 is for goblin without Ancestral Swiftness? What talent you're using? O_o

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblelol View Post
    Making one piece for both sets is bad idea... Use ReforgeSaver addon and reforge before fights.



    9597 is for goblin without Ancestral Swiftness? What talent you're using? O_o
    lolol woops guess I was looking at the wrong chart haha, anyways maybe I meant 8,882 for the HST tick. My bad.

    I pull my break points from http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41 (So you can triple check my fail information)

    Either way running high haste in a team environment can have its place, I run with a mistweaver and a disc priest.

    Also...I run AS, with a raid haste buff. I play in resto gear that well over the haste break point I am going for.

    You can check my armory below, I'll be rather in my healing gear or DPS gear! X]
    Last edited by Rafal; 2013-08-11 at 08:11 PM.

  8. #8
    I believe the shammies running upwards of 20k spirit does it for the manatide, they're essentially manabots for other healers.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Craif View Post
    I believe the shammies running upwards of 20k spirit does it for the manatide, they're essentially manabots for other healers.
    Don't know if this is viable for 10 man >> specially if you are 2 healing. maybe though, a good player can do alot with any build

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    Don't know if this is viable for 10 man >> specially if you are 2 healing. maybe though, a good player can do alot with any build

    its only for 25man, for 10man you need to heal and not stand and /cast mana tide :]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •