Blood Damage for ToT (10H)

About a month ago my damage was pretty low but my damage intake was almost nothing. Was at about 240% mastery, 10% dodge and 27% parry, and 2% haste. Don't know if it was because I wasn't getting enough vengeance or I didn't have enough haste. Either way I dropped my mastery to 190% and bumped up my haste to 15%. Guess my question is there a point when you can have to much mastery for 10 mans and get no vengeance or can getting more haste offset it? Right now my damage is around 105k which is okay but just wondering if I bumped mastery back up and keep the haste if my damage would drop. Posting my armory for my current stuff. I can get way more mastery if I wanted to but is it worth it for the damage loss. I also tank with a guardian who is an all crit build. So getting aggro off him can be a pain so the more damage helps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agore/advanced

Deleted
    Big change you want to do is switch the meta, go with the dps meta very good since it scales with Veng.
    Try and get feather also, feather is amazing dps increase.
    + switch to runic corruption since it bugs with rppm trinks and is generally better. youl have your feather up ALOT with it.

Around 200% mastery is fine for 10H, I started turning mastery into haste around that point aswell. You could switch your meta to Capacitive Primal Diamond for more dps, it scaled with attack power so it does alot of dmg for tanks (it will however not work anymore for tanks in the next patch).

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    (it will however not work anymore for tanks in the next patch).
    Only if they do not fix the bug. You, like me and a lot of others, seem to have misread the blue post. The thread was titled "Legendary Meta no longer procs for tanks" and the first blue reply is "it's a bug" and later came the announcement that they will try to sway tanks to use the tank meta by buffing the proc rate considerably.

The only change to the dps meta gem is that the proc rate will be worse if they fix the "rune regeneration increases RPPM procs" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of mastery you should have reflects how much damage you are taking and what your healers can keep you up with. If you have the place on farm you can drop mastery to 100% and get more haste and crit (for ranking purposes mostly). Also, dump that avoidance gear and get the dps 2 set, and the dps meta. If the boss doesn't hit hard go for primordius trinket and spark/gaze. Feather is nice too if you aren't going to waste extra hit.

Deleted
    Blood shield, or any absorbs (other than overkill absorbed from stuff like purgatory and AD) doesnt affect how much vengeance you get. So having more mastery in no way affects your vengeance levels. Your most likely just doing normals and easy hcs while 2 tanking everything?

Solotank Iron Qon, Durumu, or be the horridontank (no swapping), or seeing as youre a DK just take 3-5 talon rakes on Ji'kun for some absurd vengeance.

Deleted
    Also geting DPS 2 set it nice dps boost.

I wouldn't worry about picking up haste gear anymore because dodge/parry are basically going to be the new tank dps stats in 5.4.

But like other people have suggested, the DPS Meta will give you about a 10k boost, and the dps 2pc is good for at least a 5k boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm301 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about picking up haste gear anymore because dodge/parry are basically going to be the new tank dps stats in 5.4.
    No, they won't. 1 point of haste will still be better than 1 point of dodge or parry when it comes to DpS, because 1 point of haste > 0.75 points of crit.

my for alt raid I tank on my dk and I decided to switch to all out haste>>crit>mastery with exp/hit capping ofc.

my dps grew a ton and I have not seen any problems with dying to a boss, really my blood shield is only a little worse, you can use your death strike so much more often with a lot of haste, really it's better for the smaller strikes but you get hit more with big strikes I seen, so if you go haste blood dk then you have to make sure your healers know you'll get hit somewhat hard for the big attacks but you can sustain yourself through like 99% of a bosses normal melee strikes since you death strike all the time.