10+ Year Old Account

Starting up first time since mid cata

i stopped playing wow right before the deathwing raid ... or, you know.. 1 week into it..

I dont know, i was a little bit dissapointed.

I have understood that MOP has fixed alot of stuff in WOW and it should be farely better now (i played since vanilla and stopped cata).

now i figure i wanna give it a try to experience MOP and get a feel of it before this expansion ends.

Imma play Horde, but not sure what class to choose. I played Rogue as my main before, but i had a 100% focus on pvp.
    - i want to have a full focus on PVE this time, as i understand PVP is sh*t.

I pref. melee classes and was wondering:

Is Paladin still only used as tank or healers?
    Is warriors viable PVE DMG?

- Im done with rogue, ive played it forever.
    But what should i play if i want to be melee and raid? Or should i just suck it up and take the role as tank if i want to be a melee class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaquel View Post
    i stopped playing wow right before the deathwing raid ... or, you know.. 1 week into it..

I dont know, i was a little bit dissapointed.

I have understood that MOP has fixed alot of stuff in WOW and it should be farely better now (i played since vanilla and stopped cata).

now i figure i wanna give it a try to experience MOP and get a feel of it before this expansion ends.

Imma play Horde, but not sure what class to choose. I played Rogue as my main before, but i had a 100% focus on pvp.
    - i want to have a full focus on PVE this time, as i understand PVP is sh*t.

I pref. melee classes and was wondering:

Is Paladin still only used as tank or healers?
    Is warriors viable PVE DMG?

- Im done with rogue, ive played it forever.
    But what should i play if i want to be melee and raid? Or should i just suck it up and take the role as tank if i want to be a melee class?
    Paladin works for all three specs. So does Warrior. Both do good dps.

You should play what you enjoy/find the most challenging for your playstyle so you don't get bored imo.

With that said you are going to be on one heck of a ride playing catchup and the way catching up works now is nothing like Cata.

Good luck.

side note* I always suggest a shaman to anyone that doesn't want to Tank and may flip flop between wanting to be ranged or melee dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back to World of Warcraft. You can use our class forums to read and research the classes you're interested in. Unfortunately we don't allow "Choose my Class'" threads. The decision is yours to make, alone.