Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Almost any name which consists of two letters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones characters.

Pretty sure, you're unable to make characters that contain two repeated letters anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    its actually not that hard nowadays. all you need is a little armory research if its taken. if so, if the toon has been inactive for a long period of time, then ticket a GM to get it freed.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Drizzt.

Seems every server had someone take it the moment it opened up.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Vash and Knives off Trigun on my realm.

Any variation of Alexander or Arthur.

Any dictionary word, most likely.
    First names.
    Names of characters in popular fiction, hell even real people names (LadyGaga etc...)
    Bessiepage - Korgath (US) / Acekicker - Ghostlands (US) / Maristraza - Ghostlands (US) / Niimeria - Korgath (US) / Khanga - Korgath (US)

The hardest one would be anything containing a swear word that's on the blacklist... so hard to get it's impossible.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nightmare? Well that's my main's name on live with abit of accent on top of the i and a + besides that there are other 200+ chars named nightmare. Other names might include holycow or basically any OP spell in a class such as bubbleadin,freezepwn,elementotem etc... Something that is a reference from a famous movie or show like legolas or batmon. Oh and a new trend I saw before I quit any name with -qt in the end (usually human females pick it the most)

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    The hardest one would be anything containing a swear word that's on the blacklist... so hard to get it's impossible.
    Not really as long as you bypass the system by naming such as fùck or shït since I once named my char or my hunter pet holyshït but I can't remember exactly. Or they can be smart and name things like Petwussy (I once saw a guy named like that he switched the W with a P) or Fothermucker. Pretty hilarious I find them sometimes.

EDIT: Also any DK with arthas,death,rune, or kingz in their names.
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-08-01 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Shamwow

One word names such as:
    Guilt
    Envy
    Blame
    My Shaman is called Envy, created it the first day of TBCs release. Was quite surprised it wasn't taken at the time! Also had several people whisper me saying things like, 'OMG I tried to make a char called Envy and you're the one with it!'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Shamwow

One word names such as:
    Guilt
    Envy
    Blame
    yeah, I am proud owner of name Envy and I was asked many times... how you did it? I want that name too!... It's nice feeling:P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Can also steal "inappropriate" names by reporting them then making a character with that name.
    No you cannot because when they force a name change they black list the name.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I've managed to snatch the names "Ermahgerd" and "Kthnxbai" on the busiest EU PvP realm. Also got a 3 letter abbreviation "Emg" (In my head it stands for ermahgerd) which I reckon are all pretty hard names to get xD
    Those are not even names.

Deleted
    I'm quite proud of being the owner of my little dwarf Dora ever since the title 'the Explorer' came out. Probably very hard to get now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvyDT View Post
    yeah, I am proud owner of name Envy and I was asked many times... how you did it? I want that name too!... It's nice feeling:P
    Did they Envy you?

- Arthas
    - Legolas
    - Sephiroth
    - Death
    - Dark
    - Really common english/american names
    - Class names starting or ending with 'swe' or 'dk' (seriously what is up with you Swedes and Danes!?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    XXLegolasXX
    who would name himself that.
    Ingame it would look like: Xxlegolasxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I would implement a change so that if an account is frozen for longer than x years, the names on it are automatically renamed when someone else wants to use them...

In the end I think it's more important to have a happy active customer, than to preserve a name for someone that "might come back some day"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I would implement a change so that if an account is frozen for longer than x years, the names on it are automatically renamed when someone else wants to use them...

In the end I think it's more important to have a happy active customer, than to preserve a name for someone that "might come back some day"...
    often times you can petition a gm to get a name freed up if the account has been dormant for a while.
    Hi