Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    You people talking about greed. Do you go to Target, buy a glass, then bitch at the register how greedy they are that you have to buy a drink separately? Go to a movie, then bitch that you have to buy snacks separately (although the price is surely greedy, you don't complain about the reality of separate purchase).

Blizz isn't a philanthropic organization (primarily), looking to give away as much as possible in the interest of the players. They give us a lot, considering when WoW came out free content didn't exist. You got patches, and expansions. They are a business, focused on making money by walking the line between what they charge for, what they give away, and what they charge extra for. You should be happy it isn't like many others MMO's nowadays that charge for *anything* that isn't a patch or fix.
    The ones wich also don't need a sub?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Clearly it will stack with the leveling gear so 160% xp would be amazing.
    Why not buy a top-level hero and be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Khal View Post
    Stacks up to 5 times? O.O
    So I can reach a 500% exp boost only with the item, maybe it also stacks with the elixir droped form that rare in dread wastes?
    Hm where does it say that ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well so much for "Asia first" when this isn't just the ptr for Asia, thanks for buying those helms guys and telling them to go right on ahead with the xp flask. Also nice that we get a nice little button to show our support for the shop that we have no choice of getting rid of on our bar, the only games I've ever played with a button like that are completely f2p or you're playing a trial version.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-08-01 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    So, what's Blizzard official reasoning behind the store?

"Shit, we've been giving people all these free ways to increase XP-gains, why have we not though of selling it for money instead?"

Deleted
    PTR is common for every region.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I'd probably buy an XP buff item, but I think 1 hour is far too short.
    Should be like a full day or make 5 of them cost $1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neodym View Post
    So, what's Blizzard official reasoning behind the store?

"Shit, we've been giving people all these free ways to increase XP-gains, why have we not though of selling it for money instead?"
    It could be that they're gating it behind a price tag otherwise everybody would get and use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    here we go again why does a sub based game rule out a cash shop? I pay a sub for cable tv, if I want something extra (movie, dvr, extra channel) I pay extra, should I complain that it should be free since I pay a sub?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    It could be that they're gating it behind a price tag otherwise everybody would get and use them.
    Right... and why would they introduce an item they don't want everyone to use?

If they wanted it to be rare they'd put it behind a skill-cap, not a pay-wall.

Quote Originally Posted by azwesjr View Post
    here we go again why does a sub based game rule out a cash shop? I pay a sub for cable tv, if I want something extra (movie, dvr, extra channel) I pay extra, should I complain that it should be free since I pay a sub?
    That's a fair argument I guess.

Only issue with that is that this isn't a service, or access to one. This is something they've added to the game several times for free. The fact that they're starting to charge for it now shows a scary change in their philosophy.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad4cccb75; 2013-08-01 at 05:09 PM.

Can't see it being too expensive maybe $10 for 5 of them.

Though, for $20 I can play a raf account and dual box 1-80 with 300% experience, only real benefit is 85-90.

Err.. is this really necessary in a game which has monthly fee?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    It is when they know enough goobers will buy everything they throw at them and not question the fact that they're paying a sub and getting all the f2p cash shop features while playing a p2p game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    You people talking about greed. Do you go to Target, buy a glass, then bitch at the register how greedy they are that you have to buy a drink separately? Go to a movie, then bitch that you have to buy snacks separately (although the price is surely greedy, you don't complain about the reality of separate purchase).

Blizz isn't a philanthropic organization (primarily), looking to give away as much as possible in the interest of the players. They give us a lot, considering when WoW came out free content didn't exist. You got patches, and expansions. They are a business, focused on making money by walking the line between what they charge for, what they give away, and what they charge extra for. You should be happy it isn't like many others MMO's nowadays that charge for *anything* that isn't a patch or fix.
    They charge us a subscription then on top of that sell us gear that costs us WAY more than other free to play mmo's. That is called greedy. There is never a shortage of morons willing to pay for it though so good for them. Also lol @ free content. We buy the box, we buy the expansions, we pay monthly, stfu.

This argument holds no water: HBO, Showtime, etc are all separate companies from the cable companies. That's why they charge for those channels.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Let the dumbass analogies begin.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cant care less for the store so long they not add +Honor and +Rep and +loot, extra loot tokens and stuff to it! It is just like the mount and pet store they not add anything extra to the game! ALSO so happy sunsong farms is not longer important in the next Xpack!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    I cant care less for the store so long they not add +Honor and +Rep and +loot, extra loot tokens and stuff to it! It is just like the mount and pet store they not add anything extra to the game! ALSO so happy sunsong farms is not longer important in the next Xpack!
    For me it is a deal breaker. It's not cosmetic at all and enhances your gameplay. Greedy is greedy.
    And the next item will alow to aquire more lesser Charms of Good Fortune. And this is only the beginning.

This is fine for a F2P Game but not for a subscription based.
    Last edited by mmoc4a508c869e; 2013-08-01 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    No, the elixir isn't necessary. You can level fairly fast to 90 without it.
    Here's a tip: Don't buy it!

Depending on price I might get some, but they are not a deal breaker nor are they obligated.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    I dont want to disappoint you, but do you really think they will introduce a whole new in game shop just for an exp boost and the items they can already offer? I doubt that.
    As far as i see we are going down the path of a f2p game model (at least shop wise), except they will never go to f2p with millions of subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    No, the elixir isn't necessary. You can level fairly fast to 90 without it.
    Here's a tip: Don't buy it!

Depending on price I might get some, but they are not a deal breaker nor are they obligated.

I won't but thats not really my point. I mean not only the elixir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remarkable really. The devs aren't even trying to acknowledge there money hording greed in having an item shop in a subscription based game, there outright throwing it at us.