Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    No, the elixir isn't necessary. You can level fairly fast to 90 without it.
    Here's a tip: Don't buy it!

    Depending on price I might get some, but they are not a deal breaker nor are they obligated.
    Totally optional right?

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...811-Fee-to-Pay

  2. #42
    It takes less than 2 days to level to 90. They aren't needed, nor are they game breaking, or pay to win. If you think leveling boosts are pay to win, I disagree. Especially when you can right now buy a RAF account for $20 and level 1-80 with 300% experience.. lol..

    but they are a pretty nice little boost to maybe get to 90 in under a day if you bought 20 of them lol.

  3. #43
    Comments on this topic always make me wonder why people get so bent out of shape over this. First off, people are getting upset and arguing over things that have not even taken place yet, mostly in regards to the eventual addition of "pay to win" items. I will admit that I am not the biggest fan of the addition of even xp% potions to the store. But even if I wont be purchasing them myself, they really do not cause any harm to my current and future game play. I have heard stories, and seen videos of people leveling at ludicrous speeds (85-90 in a matter of hours?!?!), yet people complain because some people may drop some hard earned money to boost their xp for a few hours? The cable company analogy used above is acctually very accurate when it comes to this situation. As with WoW, you pay a monthly sub for your cable for a set amount of channels. For any "extra" channels or features including PPV, additional channels, and features such as DVR or ability to watch TV on the go, you may pay additional monthly or one time fees. These extras are in no way needed to enjoy your television experience but they simply add to the experience and are all based on your preference and are in many cases there to impress your friends (Everyone knows the guy with all the channels who orders all the PPVs and is always the place to be come Sundays), just like everyone in WoW knows the guy (or gal) with all the store mounts and pets that we can ooh and ahh over.

    So in the end, I personally am going to save all my flaming of Blizzard for being "Play to Win" or anything of that nature until they have 100% implemented it into the live game.

    I just think we are all debating and arguing over a future, which in my opinion, is still a LONG ways off if it ever arrives at all.

  4. #44
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,244
    I hope people don't buy this or even more stuff like this will catch on. =/.

  5. #45
    hey, remember those BOA's you upgraded for justice points? yeah well, sorry...wanna level fast? buy our xp pot.

    a cash shop does not belong in a sub based game, PERIOD.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Remarkable really. The devs aren't even trying to acknowledge there money hording greed in having an item shop in a subscription based game, there outright throwing it at us.
    They've got players lining up to throw money at them for stuff like this - why wouldn't they push right ahead with it?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    Err.. is this really necessary in a game which has monthly fee?
    it isnt. but they know people will pay for it.

    the question is, does it have a place in the game, when BOA gear exists? if you dont pay, you are at a disadvantage for alts. and im sure the store wont just stop at XP pots.

  8. #48
    Call me when I can buy full sets of gear. Till then I couldn't care less what they put in the shop.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    it isnt. but they know people will pay for it.

    the question is, does it have a place in the game, when BOA gear exists? if you dont pay, you are at a disadvantage for alts. and im sure the store wont just stop at XP pots.
    The only problem I have with this statement is its like a lot of others that make the assumption that there is a slippery slope that Blizzard has to slide down. The problem is that people are comparing the Cash Shop of a game with 7+ million subs, to the cash shops of F2P games that are lucky to break 1 million. An XP pot is no where near gear or any other p2w item.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    They've got players lining up to throw money at them for stuff like this - why wouldn't they push right ahead with it?
    Integrity? Self-respect? To keep the gameplay "pure"?

  11. #51
    "Players were much less skilled than they are nowadays, so killing raid bosses was done at a much slower pace. Content was also updated much less frequently."

    This was the funniest part of the post. Because it is a known fact that players that played in BC and orcs and humans can out play majority of players today even in the hardcore scene. Back then it took way more research and time to kill bosses cause we didn't have as many outside sources to do so. Add ons and third party websites. That takes no skill, sorry. To further back my point today's top guilds were barely making top 10 back in that day. With the exception of paragon, blood legion and method couldn't hold a candle to teams like death and taxes or sk gaming. Most players from that day and age moved on cause the game was getting to easy alla lich king. one last thing Always remember Muru the single hardest encounter ever in wow that devs swore to never do again. Some will argue he was broken but don't forget he was still getting killed.

    25 man raiding felt way more epic in bc and 10 man raiding was just time to hang out with your clique. That was a golden time for wow. Today's players are more spoiled then they are skilled. You get epics by simply farting a few dailies and cheesy world bosses. 10 mans have become the central raiding system cause people don't wanna deal with more people they don't want the hassle of working harder or helping skill and equip the worse players. The community has gotten more anti social and lazy not better skilled at all. Another case in point LFR it was a great concept but the community runs it in the ground with there constant bitching bleh i get no epics my coin roll got me nothing wah wah wah. Go back to raiding one lock out a week and cry about epics then. LOL more skilled how absurd

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Call me when I can buy full sets of gear. Till then I couldn't care less what they put in the shop.
    Oh, it will come ...

    "Archdruid transmog set! Only $50 for the whole thing!"

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyalmeida View Post
    The only problem I have with this statement is its like a lot of others that make the assumption that there is a slippery slope that Blizzard has to slide down. The problem is that people are comparing the Cash Shop of a game with 7+ million subs, to the cash shops of F2P games that are lucky to break 1 million. An XP pot is no where near gear or any other p2w item.
    true, but my concern is that they wont just stop at XP pots. what if actual gear ends up on the store at some point? im fine with vanity items, but if there are items that boost gameplay, they dont belong in a sub based game.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    "Players were much less skilled than they are nowadays, so killing raid bosses was done at a much slower pace. Content was also updated much less frequently."

    This was the funniest part of the post. Because it is a known fact that players that played in BC and orcs and humans can out play majority of players today even in the hardcore scene. Back then it took way more research and time to kill bosses cause we didn't have as many outside sources to do so. Add ons and third party websites. That takes no skill, sorry. To further back my point today's top guilds were barely making top 10 back in that day. With the exception of paragon, blood legion and method couldn't hold a candle to teams like death and taxes or sk gaming. Most players from that day and age moved on cause the game was getting to easy alla lich king. one last thing Always remember Muru the single hardest encounter ever in wow that devs swore to never do again. Some will argue he was broken but don't forget he was still getting killed.

    25 man raiding felt way more epic in bc and 10 man raiding was just time to hang out with your clique. That was a golden time for wow. Today's players are more spoiled then they are skilled. You get epics by simply farting a few dailies and cheesy world bosses. 10 mans have become the central raiding system cause people don't wanna deal with more people they don't want the hassle of working harder or helping skill and equip the worse players. The community has gotten more anti social and lazy not better skilled at all. Another case in point LFR it was a great concept but the community runs it in the ground with there constant bitching bleh i get no epics my coin roll got me nothing wah wah wah. Go back to raiding one lock out a week and cry about epics then. LOL more skilled how absurd
    The funniest thing is you actually believe this is true. I'm not sure whether to laugh, feel sorry for you or be amazed that someone could possibly get nostalgia goggles attached to their corneas.

    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Oh, it will come ...

    "Archdruid transmog set! Only $50 for the whole thing!"
    When xmogging makes you suddenly do 10k more dps lemme know.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    When xmogging makes you suddenly do 10k more dps lemme know.
    Oh it won't, but will help you not look like Elton John.

  16. #56
    WOW!!!! That lecture about about colors of item names and the colors of the items itself is a GIANT slap in the face of the midcore crybabies. "Casuals" and "hardcores" really don't give a damn.
    I'm glad they are ALMOST open about they are sick of people asking for content made to lock other out, so those who found away can rub it in their faces. It's WRONG and NO SERIOUS developers should help with it.

    Now they only need to address the "lore-bias" crybabies and tell them that biasing the gameplay at their side is not what balanced game means.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post
    It takes less than 2 days to level to 90. They aren't needed, nor are they game breaking, or pay to win. If you think leveling boosts are pay to win, I disagree. Especially when you can right now buy a RAF account for $20 and level 1-80 with 300% experience.. lol..

    but they are a pretty nice little boost to maybe get to 90 in under a day if you bought 20 of them lol.

    Think: you are paying $30 a month by doing this (RAF and your normal account).
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    "Players were much less skilled than they are nowadays, so killing raid bosses was done at a much slower pace. Content was also updated much less frequently."

    This was the funniest part of the post. Because it is a known fact that players that played in BC and orcs and humans can out play majority of players today even in the hardcore scene. Back then it took way more research and time to kill bosses cause we didn't have as many outside sources to do so. Add ons and third party websites. That takes no skill, sorry. To further back my point today's top guilds were barely making top 10 back in that day. With the exception of paragon, blood legion and method couldn't hold a candle to teams like death and taxes or sk gaming. Most players from that day and age moved on cause the game was getting to easy alla lich king. one last thing Always remember Muru the single hardest encounter ever in wow that devs swore to never do again. Some will argue he was broken but don't forget he was still getting killed.
    "Because its a known fact".... I have to laugh at those statements. It's the kind of thing people who say "literally" as if it was a emphasis interjection would say.
    Let's move AGAIN the discussion from "Joe's guild could kill it" and "I'm closer to what Joe's guild does than you" as midcore likes to point, and check the FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.
    It's just the subscription of Joe's guild and the midcore remoras that pay the development of those raid most people can't reach? Or Joe's Guild and the midcore remoras are using a raid which development was paid for EVERYONE'S SUBSCRIPTIONS as e-peen?
    For how long that can keep going? THINK in how motivated the developers will be to hear your pleas when you're the part that pay for their desserts. And ignore the parts that pay for their houses, clothes, food, cars, etc... See for what you people REALLY are, not the distorted vision you have of yourselves.

    pfff...midcores...
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-08-01 at 07:23 PM.

  19. #59
    "Quick! Grab all the money we can! EQNext is coming out soon.....you know, the game we basically stole to make WoW. We're gonna lose a lot of subs, and we'll need that money to steal EQNext if it's successful!" - Random Blizzard Coder responsible for the cash shop.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Think: you are paying $30 a month by doing this (RAF and your normal account).
    Well you would only use it for the free month you get paying the $20 for the RAF account.

    So for $20 additional dollars, I can get 30 days of 300% experience leveling if I dual box accounts.

    Since it already only takes a little over a day to do 1 - 90, that would make it take like 18 hours lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •