Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The ingame store will make hitting that 'cancel subcription' button so much easier.

Deleted
    "Titan will not be a subscription based MMO. Blizzard is still working on a new direction and plan for the project."

That´s the best thing I´ve heard all day! The bad thing thou is that it will probably take 3 more years before it´s out!!

Required reading / watching for anyone who sees no problem whatsoever with the item shop:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/2...e-free-to-play
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...811-Fee-to-Pay

There's a more fundamental problem with free to play though; and it's in the word play.
    During play, whether it's football, tag or world of warcraft, players enter what Johan Huizinga called a 'magic circle' in which things like status, rank or individual wealth are temporarily suspended for the duration of the game. It doesn't matter how much one football player or the other earns, the moment he's on the field all are equal and have to play by the same rules.
    This isn't even only true for humans; it's true for all animals that engage in play behaviour (chimps, but also dogs, dolphins, etc.). They 'play fair'.

By introducing real money into the game, in-game purchases break this fundamental part of the magic circle. Such a store goes against our instincts: no wonder so many people get upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post
    Required reading / watching for anyone who sees no problem whatsoever with the item shop:
    For anyone whining non-stop about the item shop:

Grow up. Learn the words "if you don't like it, don't buy it". Then find something better to do.

I don't need articles from IGN of all people (aka 'pay us for good reviews') to tell me how I should feel about spending my own money.

Quote Originally Posted by Khal View Post
    Stacks up to 5 times? O.O
    So I can reach a 500% exp boost only with the item, maybe it also stacks with the elixir droped form that rare in dread wastes?
    Pretty sure this means that the VIALS stack to 5 in your bags, not that the buff stacks to 5.

Okay, so I don't play on the PTR for a reason. Should have spoilers those tweets.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    For anyone whining non-stop about the item shop:

Grow up. Learn the words "if you don't like it, don't buy it". Then find something better to do.

I don't need articles from IGN of all people (aka 'pay us for good reviews') to tell me how I should feel about spending my own money.
    Perhaps you should learn to read, this point has be argue to death, but people like you are going "Lalalala! I can't hear you.".

"if you don't like it, don't buy it" doesn't remove all the ill effects it has on the game as a whole. Even if you don't buy it, it will still affect you because of what they do to "incentivize" the buying.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we feeling $5 per elixir? That is my guess.

.99 cents would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/2...e-free-to-play
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...811-Fee-to-Pay

There's a more fundamental problem with free to play though; and it's in the word play.
    During play, whether it's football, tag or world of warcraft, players enter what Johan Huizinga called a 'magic circle' in which things like status, rank or individual wealth are temporarily suspended for the duration of the game. It doesn't matter how much one football player or the other earns, the moment he's on the field all are equal and have to play by the same rules.
    This isn't even only true for humans; it's true for all animals that engage in play behaviour (chimps, but also dogs, dolphins, etc.). They 'play fair'.

By introducing real money into the game, in-game purchases break this fundamental part of the magic circle. Such a store goes against our instincts: no wonder so many people get upset about it.
    Wow that was unexpected to see someone quote Huizinga here on the board Read some of his stuff last semester at university!

And we saw people complaining about swtor cartel market (a game thats f2p now). Blizzard never stops to amaze me (in a bad way).

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, what would happen if you combine the Elixir from the store, the elixir from krol the blade and RaF (+heirlooms)? XP overload?
    750% additional xp gain?

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmenannerpuss View Post
    R O F L

Consumed on use. At first I was pretty stoked about the XP boost, but if it's consumed on use, forget it. It would have to be hella cheap for me to buy it.

Soooo, just another thing I won't purchase!
    Ugh yea that was my reaction too. I was hoping for something $20-30 one time purchase and lifetime use. If it's more than $1 per stack I can't see myself buying that... so basically I can't see myself buying it because there's no way it's gonna be that cheap.

Deleted
    A little to expensive to my taste, but yeah noone is forcing me to buy em

Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    Hm where does it say that ?
    When we place the mouse over it, it says stack up to 5... But now, thinking about it, it seems like its the max stack of this item... XD

i cant imagine how would this work. all heirlooms to lvl 85, recruit a friend buff and Enduring Elixir of Wisdom = leveling alt at extreme rate. I will see people now with average 3-5 toons, with this it will most likely increase to 8-10 or close.

Enduring Elixir of Wisdom i really dont expect to see a big cost for this item. raf u can do with low cost and last 3 months buff, heirlooms last forever but this item only last 1 hour and if it is consume on use, it should cost mostly nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Ugh yea that was my reaction too. I was hoping for something $20-30 one time purchase and lifetime use. If it's more than $1 per stack I can't see myself buying that... so basically I can't see myself buying it because there's no way it's gonna be that cheap.
    DO you honestly think it has a chance in hell of being $1 per stack?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    i cant imagine how would this work. all heirlooms to lvl 85, recruit a friend buff and Enduring Elixir of Wisdom = leveling alt at extreme rate.
    Only a tiny portion of WoW has RaF so your example is extreme.

The fact that most people have 5-10 alts is the reason for quicker exp.. its not fun any more to level after youve done it time and time again. Same reason they nerf exp by 50% after awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmenannerpuss View Post
    R O F L

Consumed on use.
    you must be new to MMO Store potions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    And we saw people complaining about swtor cartel market (a game thats f2p now). Blizzard never stops to amaze me (in a bad way).
    if you're shocked in any way whatsoever that Blizz has a Marketplace store, you haven't followed MMORPG community at all.. In Fact, Blizzard is like 6 years late. If addicts want to spend more money, why shouldnt they? Horrible business model to only allow an extremely addicted person to spend only $15/month on the game they dedicate their lives to. Blizzard already has a mount/pet store, whats so wrong with adding cosmetics and exp potions?

Is leveling an alt in WoW seriously buy2win in 2013? Get real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    The ingame store will make hitting that 'cancel subcription' button so much easier.
    The store thats been here for YEARS, where you can buy mounts and pets unobtainable in game? OH MY GOD but NOW all of a sudden its pay2winzz!@11
    Free-To-Play is the future.