Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Return to Outland?

Is blizzard adding more high level guards around the dark portal a possible hint we are returning to Outland thus possibly hinting at a Legion xpac and an updated Outlands?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Burning legion is the next expansion, then we go to Argus not Outland, Outland will remain outdated Content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only want Burning Legion if the Argent Crusade is involved. If not, meh...

Here I'll actually address the OP. Sigh.

I know the Dark Portal is always having NPCs killed, so that is likely the reason for higher level guards out there. It can be a choke hold for leveling progression, so it is best to keep it locked down and safe from people killing NPCs.

No.

Chance for legion expansion = high
    Chance for updated Outlands = low

Reason for the guards is to prevent excessive CRZ ganking. There was a blue post few days ago saying they're adding guards to the portal.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Xoroth! There's nothing left on Dreanor!

The updated NPCs there have nothing to do with a expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    It's just the fact that the Outland portal in Blasted Lands is one of the most hotly contested PvP spots.
    Lv90s gank 58's travelling to outland all the time. Day and night. Then fly up into the sky on their mounts again.

It's about damn time.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think so. I could swear they're doing it to combat the insta-ganking of anyone trying to get into that content on CRZ pvp servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Is blizzard adding more high level guards around the dark portal a possible hint we are returning to Outland thus possibly hinting at a Legion xpac and an updated Outlands?
    No, its to stop the huge ganking problems around Dark Portal / hellfire ramparts that is going on because CRZ. Level 90's camping level 58~ people and not letting them enter Dark Portal at all.

I seriously doubt it.

One thing's for sure. Outland could use a visual facelift. It looks so dated when compared to the revamped cata zones + Northrend and Panderia. That's very unlikely to happen though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I think GC said in an interview that some areas while leveling needed guards as such in the dark portal so they put them to help lowbies not get ganked. Elsewise highly doubt it but with blizzard, anything can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    The Argent Crusade is not related to the Burning Legion at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    ...what? Why would the Argent Crusade be involved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    ...what? Why would the Argent Crusade be involved?
    Why wouldn't they? It's kind of their entire point of existing.

Well met, friend. I am officer Garush, and I am proud member of the world-wide organization known as the Argent Crusade. Our cause is to fight swiftly and mercilessly against any element of evil that surface in Azeroth.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope so ...

Outland should be updated and expanded with new areas (at the end of the day there are still several pieces of Draenor that we have not visited yet and is supposed they are out there floating in the Twisting Nether).

On the other hand many potential playable races have their origin in Outland, where they should have their starting areas and capitals, as the Ogres or the Arakkoa.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-08-01 at 05:45 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect them to revamp Outland in the next Legion Expansion.

But not like what happened in Cataclysm. Outland will look exactly the same. No new mountains, no new craters, no updated textures, no new towns. All that happens is the questlines get updated to reflect the passage of time, and to be on-par with the Cata/MoP questlines.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more likely that it's a possible hint that even Blizzard thinks the ganking around the portal has gotten out of control. It might have to do with the latter but more likely just what's obvious.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely not going to see Outland as current content again. If it had to be updated once more, it would be empty.. and smaller due to it already being crumbling.

And no, it's not a hint for going back to Outland, I bet. It's a hint for putting high levels in danger instead of letting them think they can gank unpunished.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think it's more likely that it's a possible hint that even Blizzard thinks the ganking around the portal has gotten out of control. It might have to do with the latter but more likely just what's obvious.
    This was the official reason, but it does seem odd they pointed it out almost like a "see what we're doing here" instead of just doing it as a hotfix like they would probably do elsewhere.

Maybe a cleaned up outlands questing flow, and some breadcrumbs for us to go to Outland as a jumping off point to get to Argus. Thus more guards in anticipation of a higher influx of 90's in the near future.