Deleted

HC Tortos demo or destro?

So I started HCs last night with a new guild and had alot of fun with jinny, horridon and council HC but when we got to tortos I found myself struggling to keep up with the rest of the guys. Now obviously part of this was down to being new to the fight (although it's pretty much exactly the same as normal) but mostly I think it's due to me not really being sure of the best way to play it out of the two specs I'm comfortable with.

Obviously all of you would say "go affliction for aoe slow" but I'm really not comfortable with affliction at the best of times let alone for a fight like this. So my question is which out of demo and destro would you guys suggest and why? How is it best to deal with this fight as both specs?

No logs as they hadn't got WoL working with the new guild name or something.

It shouldn't be a "need to see logs" kinda thing, I'm just asking for general advice for maintaining steady dps throughout the fight.

I like how Demo can be well played this fight, you can kich the turtles while HoG the bats and burn the turtles, you can just do an AOE rotation at bats, you can focus on turtles and Tortos and ignore bats, w/e it's your choiche, u can easily do 200k+ dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I like how Demo can be well played this fight, you can kich the turtles while HoG the bats and burn the turtles, you can just do an AOE rotation at bats, you can focus on turtles and Tortos and ignore bats, w/e it's your choiche, u can easily do 200k+ dps
    As both destro and demo i was sitting at about 170k, maybe a bit less as destro (although we never got to burn phase as servers crashed after a few wipes). As demo I was keeping my dots up on tortos, making sure I put up doom on any turtles I could and using MC procs on them for pooling fury for bats so that I could meta weave HoGs and keep immolation aura up etc

I dont think my dps was the issue as to why it didn't die as this is a farm kill for the guild (the servers were a mess last night) but I'd certainly like to make it as easy as possible for everyone.

Deleted
    destro is way easier then demo on this fight (and every other fight) and can focus better on the important things like killing turtles asap and killin bats if you´re not kiting. tortos is NOT a dps check, so focus on those things.

btw, if you havn´t got anyone who can slow the turtles for at least 50% permanently then you should go affli! DPS doesn´t matter and you´ll help the other DDs and heals by slowing the turtles

Deleted
    Is it a progress boss or is it on farm? Sounds like it's on farm if you have council already so I'll go with that.

I personally play demo and we have our other lock play affliction to slow turtles. Me and the tank/melee kill the bats whilst the range kill the turtles. I maintain doom on the boss and also put doom on the turtles as they come out. First set of turtles are nuked by all the ranged anyway as no bats are out yet.

For the bats I drop HoG, hellfire for a few seconds then HoG again and pop Immo aura and carrion swarm, use cooldowns on them including engineering frag belt, and stun them if a stomp is coming (we 1 tanked it for a while but just got a new monk tank finally). Other than that I just spam void ray, but I guess harvest life might be better?

You will constantly be at 10 stacks of molten core, so in the down time just soulfire whatever needs to die (turtles if needed or boss to burn him faster).

I also recommend kicking spare turtles into the bats for bigger burst, if they die just after your shadowflame dot wears off then thats optimal, but you can throw in a chaos wave if theyre getting low.

Destro is easily the highest turtle damage you'll get.

Keep immolate and RoF up on the bats, spam chaos bolts and havoc chaos bolts into the turtles with your infinite embers.

Burn phase? keep rain of fire up in a smart place and spam shadowburns into the boss with your infinite embers.

All of this brought to you by the stupid range of mannos fury.