View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2314. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    526 22.73%
  • No

    1,788 77.27%
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    MoP >> TBC.

    Yeah, I said it.
    And I agreed. So shoot me.

    If GC loses his job, with almost all certainty the game will bleed a lot more.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  2. #382
    I hope he will, he is just too old and bold ... we don!t need grandpas for such a high position.

  3. #383
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Right on your throat
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by ImogEs View Post
    I hope he will, he is just too old and bold ... we don!t need grandpas for such a high position.
    Too old, too bold, and, last but not least, too bald! Let's fire this ugly individual for the good of everything that is sweet and beautiful ! <3 <3 <3
    Darkspear never die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

  4. #384
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Too old, too bold, and, last but not least, too bald! Let's fire this ugly individual for the good of everything that is sweet and beautiful ! <3 <3 <3
    You cut theWocky deep.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Enter the Wocky: an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    #WOCKSTER Gaming CommunitySteam Games List"


  5. #385
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Right on your throat
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You cut theWocky deep.
    Oh well well, not intended sir. My humble apologize. *bow*
    Darkspear never die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

  6. #386
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vacating
    Posts
    5,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    MoP >> TBC.

    Yeah, I said it.
    I'm not sure I agree that MoP was overall better than BC, but I think it was overall better than Cata (surprise, surprise) and probably Wrath too. The world design in MoP was far better than anything since BC. Both Wrath and especially Cata felt rather hollow to me, like there were no more secrets, surprises, or even really much care put into designing the world. That said, I always understood that GC was more responsible for class design and mechanics, basically "the rules" of the game than setting, art, look and feel, etc.

    And I class and game mechanics is one are where I can't say MoP was good. There are a few good things in there (I do love the warlock changes), but I loathe the gutted talent trees with a passion, and find very little else in the MoP changes to be insipiring. Under GC, we've seen how development keeps chopping out a stat here, a talent there until the gameplay of the game (not the setting, story, or art) is both different and (imnsho) less than it once was.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Too old, too bold, and, last but not least, too bald! Let's fire this ugly individual for the good of everything that is sweet and beautiful ! <3 <3 <3
    Yap !_! must be fired and replaced with a hottie pinky pony .

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by ImogEs View Post
    Yap !_! must be fired and replaced with a hottie pinky pony .
    *waits patiently for someone to photoshop GC's head onto Pinkie Pie; or alternatively, random pictures of Putin riding a bear*

  9. #389
    The main argument in defense of GC is that he isn't responsible for the loss of subs? If the environment you do business in changes and your product becomes less attractive because of said changes, then to continue to be successful you need to modify your product to remain relevant. It's conjecture, but different decisions could have seen WoW continue to grow rather than decline. Sometimes the odds are against you, and you can still triumph. Fanboys act as if GC is defending the ALAMO.

    1. If Cata hadn't forced out players with less time/skill with overtuned heroics wouldn't we be in a different world right now?
    2. If MoP hadn't gated everything behind rep and taken away catch up gear wouldn't we be in a different world right now?
    3. If WoW's aging had been addressed with a migration to WoW2 wouldn't we be in a different world right now?

    People in positions of influence are supposed to get there on merit and stay there on merit, and when things stop working it's time to ~PACK IT UP~. It's nothing personal, it's just how life is. You cannot excuse those in control of a declining product/service/whatever. There's no excuse that you can make for repeated failures in business. You lose your job.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstone View Post
    The main argument in defense of GC is that he isn't responsible for the loss of subs?
    Yes, that's right, because GC isn't calling the shots. He's just the one guy out of team of many who has dared to put his face out in the public.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    GC isn't calling the shots. He's just the one guy out of team of many who has dared to put his face out in the public.
    We're agreed that he isn't the only one to be held accountable. I wouldn't agree that there are "many" deciding the overall direction of the game. Being one of a handful of people responsible for decision making doesn't excuse him any more than the idea that WoW's decline was somehow inescapable.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstone View Post
    The main argument in defense of GC is that he isn't responsible for the loss of subs? If the environment you do business in changes and your product becomes less attractive because of said changes, then to continue to be successful you need to modify your product to remain relevant. It's conjecture, but different decisions could have seen WoW continue to grow rather than decline. Sometimes the odds are against you, and you can still triumph. Fanboys act as if GC is defending the ALAMO.

    1. If Cata hadn't forced out players with less time/skill with overtuned heroics wouldn't we be in a different world right now?
    2. If MoP hadn't gated everything behind rep and taken away catch up gear wouldn't we be in a different world right now?
    3. If WoW's aging had been addressed with a migration to WoW2 wouldn't we be in a different world right now?

    People in positions of influence are supposed to get there on merit and stay there on merit, and when things stop working it's time to ~PACK IT UP~. It's nothing personal, it's just how life is. You cannot excuse those in control of a declining product/service/whatever. There's no excuse that you can make for repeated failures in business. You lose your job.
    The problem with your argument is that GC hasn't been demonstrated to be responsible for any of those things.

    So, either you're suggesting that GC be singled out because he's visible, not because he's responsible (which would be heinous of you), or you're suggesting that all devs at GC's level be removed (which would be suicidal for Blizzard).

    If you want to make a case for removing GC, argue that something that he specifically is responsible for has seriously damaged the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    all devs at GC's level be removed (which would be suicidal for Blizzard).
    I'd be happy to hear of a broad shake up of decision makers behind WoW. If WoW lost more subs as a result of bringing in a fresh team, then it'd be more like euthanasia than suicide, right? Seeing as WoW's current trend is toward demise.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstone View Post
    I'd be happy to hear of a broad shake up of decision makers behind WoW. If WoW lost more subs as a result of bringing in a fresh team, then it'd be more like euthanasia than suicide, right? Seeing as WoW's current trend is toward demise.
    It's still making quite a lot of money. So firing the entire upper dev team in a fit of pique would be an absurd move.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    ... and the inclusion of Flex Raiding seems like a cop out for lack of catch-up content.
    No, I would not scapegoat him the way you would. Also I flex raiding is not a cop out for lack of catch-up content. LFR has been. Flex is something that has been needed for a very long time, it will go a long way to solve logistics problems for f&f type raiding guilds.

  16. #396
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    You really can't point all the fingers at GC. The team at Blizzard is huge. There's different minds working on many options and objectives. I don't believe he will lose his position.

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstone View Post
    We're agreed that he isn't the only one to be held accountable. I wouldn't agree that there are "many" deciding the overall direction of the game. Being one of a handful of people responsible for decision making doesn't excuse him any more than the idea that WoW's decline was somehow inescapable.
    Click "credits" from the WoW login screen. GC's name is 13th on the list. Not first or second or third or even seventh... That's 13th down. Blaming him specifically for stuff that goes wrong with WoW is pretty damn retarded while there's whole lot of people above and on level with him doing the game design and decisions.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I can contradict your evidence by pointing that Rift is a different game, so it has in itself a lot more reason why to people wouldn't like to play it (I didn't, and I'm sold on TBC design for example).
    Funny how this logic seems to be a one-way street. When it comes to WoW, even the most idiotic, far-fetched, uneducated and baseless assumptions and causal fallacies are fiercly vindicated as fact. Now that someone mentioned Rift, all of a sudden it's that "oh, it's a different game" talk. BS. It's as much of a WoW clone as it could be.

    Samely you can contradict my evidence about subscriptions growing until TBC by saying that it's more due to the fact that the market wasn't saturated at the time, yadda yadda, to which I can answer back that we don't know if the market is actually saturated, etc., etc.
    Yeah, you can do that, but it's just evasive smartass talk and pathetic denial of common sense at that point. Covering your ears and yelling AAH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayhos View Post
    every video game has gamey aspects to it

  19. #399
    GC/Blizz apologists out in full force.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstone View Post
    GC/Blizz apologists out in full force.
    I didn't realize there was anything to apologize for, but I'll go ahead and bear that burden if it must be borne: On behalf of Ghostcrawler and Blizzard, they are sorry that the game does not conform to your personal preferences. Please accept their most humble apologies, but be aware that the expense of developing and maintaining a MMO requires that they attempt to suit the preferences of the most likely subscribers possible. They realize that even though your preferences are the most important aspect of the game for you, they might not go over so well with others. Thanks for understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •