View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2314. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

526 22.73%
  • No

1,788 77.27%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I might play again if they got rid of him. His healing comments were mainly what made me hate him.

Will he? no
    Should he? no
    Is every "mistake" his fault? NO
    Stop bashing GC for stuff thats not even his fault
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Stop bashing GC for stuff thats not even his fault
    This forum is perfect example of how it's easier to take out the pitchforks and torches than stop to think for a minute.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    No, he will not be fired. Regardless of what some people may think of the guy, I can actually see why he is in the leading position. Like it or not, his way of handling stuff in public as well as the production of the game is only good for the game. A part of his job is to make sure his team is keeping schedules as well as making sure that everything in regards to the development of the game runs smoothly, which is no easy task.

When you're in charge of several workers who are making projects of the scale his team is making, then it stands to reason that Greg is more capable than what some people give him credit for. If he was unable to have the responsibilities given to him he would have been fired a long, long time ago.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-08-13 at 11:16 PM.

Well, I don't want him to be fired. Its just like he should not develop games at all. His knowledge of his own freaking game is miserable; and, though he of course is not only one dev in Blizz, he is obviously one of the people who make decisions. And face the truth: the decisions are horrible. Game is nowhere near balanced. Class favouritism is at the highest level. Overpowered class stacking went over Sunwell level. PvP is shit. Couple this with the crap he's pumping at people in his freaking Twitter - and it becomes obvious that he should go.
    And I'm not blaming him for "not his" mistakes. Class balance is clearly his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    personal preferences
    I've seen GC use that very tactic, i.e. accusing players who question the direction of the game of having a selfish view. Considering the unequivocal decline of World of Warcraft I don't think it's fair to dismiss dissenting voices on the basis that they're jerks who simply want their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I might play again if they got rid of him. His healing comments were mainly what made me hate him.
    I stopped making excuses for him after following the healing forums he commented in during beta testing for the last two xpacs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I stopped making excuses for him after following the healing forums he commented in during beta testing for the last two xpacs. :P
    So let me get this straight... You whined for buffs and didn't get any, and because of that GC deserves to be fired?

That's a nice mature way to look at it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

He's done more good then bad, keep it up GC.
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

Have a question too, do you ever think people will understand that Ghostcrawler isn´t alone in making the decisions about nerfs, buffs, changes to the game or what way it should take, he´s just 1 guy in a really big group of people but since he´s been picked to be the familier face that brings us the information somehow people think what he says goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    i agree, his comments were rather crass.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Funny how this logic seems to be a one-way street. When it comes to WoW, even the most idiotic, far-fetched, uneducated and baseless assumptions and causal fallacies are fiercly vindicated as fact. Now that someone mentioned Rift, all of a sudden it's that "oh, it's a different game" talk. BS. It's as much of a WoW clone as it could be.
    Not liking another game is a logical fallacy ?
    Okay.
    So basically if I liked Half-Life, I necessarily like Call of Duty, and if I don't it's a logical fallacy.

/lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire
    Yeah, you can do that, but it's just evasive smartass talk and pathetic denial of common sense at that point. Covering your ears and yelling AAH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
    Thanks for proving my point about people only considering reasonable the arguments they are already wanting to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    So let me get this straight... You whined for buffs and didn't get any, and because of that GC deserves to be fired?

That's a nice mature way to look at it.
    For me it was the whole "you guys are just mad because we made healing harder" during Cata beta/live. Um. No. You just made healing "harder" in a stupid way (making heals very small and expensive while having raid bosses smack the raid with unavoidable AOE without giving any interesting mechanics for managing mana).

WoW is bleeding subs because of the gaming market, not WoW itself as a game. Also people are having alot of real life things coming up than playing an online game.

I remember the days when there was little to no communication with devs on any kind of regular basis. Honestly I'm amazed GC is still at it, because his unofficial position also entails being the scapegoat for practically every complaint people have about the game, no matter how wild or uninformed. I would have thrown up my hands and given up dealing with internet crazies long ago.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    For me it was the whole "you guys are just mad because we made healing harder" during Cata beta/live. Um. No. You just made healing "harder" in a stupid way (making heals very small and expensive while having raid bosses smack the raid with unavoidable AOE without giving any interesting mechanics for managing mana).
    The Cata healing revamp was the BEST thing that ever happened to healing since Vanilla. It took a role which in Wrath had become mindless Big Heal button mashing with no consideration for mana *at all*, and turned it into a game where you actually needed to think and strategize to succeed.

And there were lots of interesting mechanics for managing mana. Your comments say a lot more about your ability than the design changes, which in hindsight were incredibly good.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Put up a public face for Blizzard and the anonymous haters will spit on it. That's what I feel about GC getting all the hate directed at him. At least he hasn't had the misfortunes Jay Wilson had.

Surprised this hasn't been locked. GC ftw though. Some of his replies are just spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Put up a public face for Blizzard and the anonymous haters will spit on it. That's what I feel about GC getting all the hate directed at him. At least he hasn't had the misfortunes Jay Wilson had.
    Jay Wilson didn't have misfortune, that implies bad luck. Jay Wilson acted like a child and made inappropriate statements about someone in a public venue.
    And he didn't even get fired or disciplined in any way.

GC on the other hand hasn't really done anything wrong. Sure the game seems to be making bad decision after bad decision after bad decision, but that isn't on GC. It is a team effort and we only see a teeny tiny fraction of the process. GC just gets a lot of hate because his comments are a little too honest for some people to handle.

No. Even I would say "Yes" last year. But, I would like some butts kicked, but no GC, thanks. Put Jay Wilson on his place, I bet you would cry and pray for him to come back.