View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2305. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    523 22.69%
  • No

    1,782 77.31%
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,572
    Trust me no one wants his job. NO ONE.

    They literally couldn't fire him. I couldn't handle it. I don't think anyone I know could.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

  2. #42
    The Ghostcrab isnt going anywhere

    He has a thankless job of keeping nerds entertained and i wouldnt have his job for all the sex and drugs in the world (well maybe i would lol)

    FFS stop being so hyperbolic

  3. #43
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If people think that GC and Blizzard are doing a bad job with WoW because of falling sub numbers, just look at what happened to SWTOR. That game was designed exactly like how some people here want WoW to be designed. No LFR, no shortcuts, grinding leveling, etc. That game came out and fell flat on its face.
    ..and it had a HUGE franchise to back it up and a studio that has proven it can do great SW games.

    Sold 2 million copies and went down to under 500 000 subs in months. Talking about shedding 75% in under a year. Or am I completely wrong here?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I disagree. Class balance was utterly broken during vanilla and tbc and it only started to become better from wrath
    I'm only going off some stuff he's said in the past, I feel that if he can't get shit right in a reply, then I'd rather he didn't reply at all. But then, some people would complain about being ignored.

    Like I said, He gets shit wrong, but I don't envy his position, I don't know of anyone who could do the job better.

  5. #45
    This is what I want to happen.

    GC steps down, and Lore steps in.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This is what I want to happen.

    GC steps down, and Lore steps in.
    Absolutely not..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    So GC should be fired for things out of his control?

    Okay.

    The sub loss was going to happen regardless of what Blizzard did. You can't capture lightning in a bottle twice. Those of you who gripe about WoW's changes don't seem to realize that without those changes, WoW's subs would be in the 1 million range at this point.
    I don't think he should be fired, but you're stupid if you think GCs decisions haven't affected the amount of subs. Largely the work of GC has been bandaids to add as many players as possible in the short-term, but now as we approach the long term, people are quitting, yeah in large part because of things implemented by GC and his crew.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I disagree. Class balance was utterly broken during vanilla and tbc and it only started to become better from wrath
    The proscene of wow pvp began in TBC, and in the later seasons many pro's will tell you they were considerably more balanced than the game is now. However, the undisputed most balanced pvp occurred in WOTLK, as the non-existent pro scene will tell you. And I say non-existent because it was decimated in cataclysm and has been declining ever since.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-08-01 at 04:16 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This is what I want to happen.

    GC steps down, and Lore steps in.
    I seriously doubt Lore would want his job though i must admit he would make a great Lead Dev but its a poison chalice imo that i would not touch if i was him!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    Absolutely not..
    You a hater of the hair brah? Don't diss the hair.

  10. #50
    GC is one of the most thick skinned developer I have seen. lol

  11. #51
    no, and i don't think it matters anyway. the damage he has done is irreparable

  12. #52
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Quote Originally Posted by tempis View Post
    Why not replace Tom Chilton, he is the over all game director. GC is under him, if you wanna bitch about anyone why not direct your hate at him?
    Fun fact, Pardo (lead dev for Vanilla/BC) is reportedly coming back to the Wow team.

    Writing on chilton's wall?
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  13. #53
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I don't think he should be fired, but you're stupid if you think GCs decisions haven't affected the amount of subs. Largely the work of GC has been bandaids to add as many players as possible in the short-term, but now as we approach the long term, people are quitting, yeah in large part because of things implemented by GC and his crew.
    I wonder if you have seriously considered what you are writing and have considered it from all angles when WoW has an unprecedented amount of subs over an unprecedented time? And when actually no sub based MMO has ever had a running time like WoW? And no MMO ever KEPT their sub number at the peak that they have reached at a point. That is just a fact. No game.

    Your claim would be as good as mine if I turned your words around and said "It is only BECAUSE of GCs decision that this many people have stuck around so long with such an old game".

    If the game hadn't evolved since TBC and changes implemented, WoW would have under a million subs.

    And there is nothing either of us can do to prove it...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Irony noted as a good example that every single day I see more arrogance and honestly people acting like total assholes here than I see from all of the Blizzard devs in a month. No, I doubt if Street will be fired and just about everything he does is signed off on by people further up the food chain at Blizzard. Just more shoot the messenger posts in a thread that's not going to settle anything.
    The mans only experience in video games is Age of Empires, for him to come across as a condescending prick that he knows what is best for the game than the people who actually play the damn thing is what I dislike about him, hell he said game play over lore! So hey let's make a game that we can't balance, class choice is becoming irrelevant because of all the homogenization, where the game play was better 2 expansions ago..................WITH A CRAP STORY! Great idea Greg!
    I'm in control, I am your pain...
    After this you won't be the same...
    This is my time, I make the rules.
    YOU MESS WITH THIS AND YOU DIE LIKE A FOOL!

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Irony noted as a good example that every single day I see more arrogance and honestly people acting like total assholes here than I see from all of the Blizzard devs in a month. No, I doubt if Street will be fired and just about everything he does is signed off on by people further up the food chain at Blizzard. Just more shoot the messenger posts in a thread that's not going to settle anything.
    There are definitely a lot of people who post here who think they know a lot more about good game design than people who do it for a living.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    You a hater of the hair brah? Don't diss the hair.
    No, I don't hate the hair at all, considering I practically had hair just like it for years.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  17. #57
    Ghostcrawler has been one of the best things to happen to WoW balance in a long time. Almost every spec is viable at least in PVE. All tanks and all healers are relatively close to each other. PVP may be another story, but for PVE balance has been very solid.

    I guess the GC-haters would have preferred to go back to the era of Tigole and Foror, where Warriors were the only tanks, all heal-capable hybrids were told to heal or STFU, and mages and enhancement shamans one-shot everyone.

  18. #58
    I would agree with the posters that think GC has kept subscribers from falling even more than they did. I also disagree with the premise the flex is a weak solution for a lack of catch-up content - catch-up content exists already, people are just too impatient to do a lot of it. Flex may provide something of a solution there, in that people can carry their friends, but old heroics provided that as well (and more effectively). More importantly, flex fills the role of the old 10m normal runs.

    Lore is an entertaining guy, and I used to watch the weekly marmot regularly. Unfortunately, while knowledgeable, as you get more experienced and more progressed, you start to realize that he isn't nearly as knowledgeable as he first seems. While I don't doubt he has a beneficial role to play at Blizzard, I don't think he could do GC's job.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    The proscene of wow pvp began in TBC, and in the later seasons many pro's will tell you they were considerably more balanced than the game is now. However, the undisputed most balanced pvp occurred in WOTLK, as the non-existent pro scene will tell you. And I say non-existent because it was decimated in cataclysm and has been declining ever since.
    Oh you mean during TBC when locks can take off their gear and spam 1234 and will faceroll anyone?

    Pro scene happened during TBC because it was first time arena was introduced not because it had wonderful balance

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    MoP >> TBC.

    Yeah, I said it.
    No way, but it is most definitely an extremely close second. New zones alone, but maybe I'm biased because I love oriental architecture and I love that they made some of the landscapes like the tiered tea fields in China.
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •