View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2314. This poll is closed
  • Yes

526 22.73%
  • No

1,788 77.27%
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Ghostcrab isnt going anywhere

He has a thankless job of keeping nerds entertained and i wouldnt have his job for all the sex and drugs in the world (well maybe i would lol)

FFS stop being so hyperbolic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I disagree. Class balance was utterly broken during vanilla and tbc and it only started to become better from wrath
    I'm only going off some stuff he's said in the past, I feel that if he can't get shit right in a reply, then I'd rather he didn't reply at all. But then, some people would complain about being ignored.

Like I said, He gets shit wrong, but I don't envy his position, I don't know of anyone who could do the job better.

This is what I want to happen.

GC steps down, and Lore steps in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Absolutely not..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    So GC should be fired for things out of his control?

Okay.

The sub loss was going to happen regardless of what Blizzard did. You can't capture lightning in a bottle twice. Those of you who gripe about WoW's changes don't seem to realize that without those changes, WoW's subs would be in the 1 million range at this point.
    I don't think he should be fired, but you're stupid if you think GCs decisions haven't affected the amount of subs. Largely the work of GC has been bandaids to add as many players as possible in the short-term, but now as we approach the long term, people are quitting, yeah in large part because of things implemented by GC and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I disagree. Class balance was utterly broken during vanilla and tbc and it only started to become better from wrath
    The proscene of wow pvp began in TBC, and in the later seasons many pro's will tell you they were considerably more balanced than the game is now. However, the undisputed most balanced pvp occurred in WOTLK, as the non-existent pro scene will tell you. And I say non-existent because it was decimated in cataclysm and has been declining ever since.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-08-01 at 04:16 PM.

I seriously doubt Lore would want his job though i must admit he would make a great Lead Dev but its a poison chalice imo that i would not touch if i was him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    Absolutely not..
    You a hater of the hair brah? Don't diss the hair.

GC is one of the most thick skinned developer I have seen. lol

no, and i don't think it matters anyway. the damage he has done is irreparable

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tempis View Post
    Why not replace Tom Chilton, he is the over all game director. GC is under him, if you wanna bitch about anyone why not direct your hate at him?
    Fun fact, Pardo (lead dev for Vanilla/BC) is reportedly coming back to the Wow team.

Writing on chilton's wall?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Irony noted as a good example that every single day I see more arrogance and honestly people acting like total assholes here than I see from all of the Blizzard devs in a month. No, I doubt if Street will be fired and just about everything he does is signed off on by people further up the food chain at Blizzard. Just more shoot the messenger posts in a thread that's not going to settle anything.
    The mans only experience in video games is Age of Empires, for him to come across as a condescending prick that he knows what is best for the game than the people who actually play the damn thing is what I dislike about him, hell he said game play over lore! So hey let's make a game that we can't balance, class choice is becoming irrelevant because of all the homogenization, where the game play was better 2 expansions ago..................WITH A CRAP STORY! Great idea Greg!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Irony noted as a good example that every single day I see more arrogance and honestly people acting like total assholes here than I see from all of the Blizzard devs in a month. No, I doubt if Street will be fired and just about everything he does is signed off on by people further up the food chain at Blizzard. Just more shoot the messenger posts in a thread that's not going to settle anything.
    There are definitely a lot of people who post here who think they know a lot more about good game design than people who do it for a living.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    You a hater of the hair brah? Don't diss the hair.
    No, I don't hate the hair at all, considering I practically had hair just like it for years.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

Ghostcrawler has been one of the best things to happen to WoW balance in a long time. Almost every spec is viable at least in PVE. All tanks and all healers are relatively close to each other. PVP may be another story, but for PVE balance has been very solid.

I guess the GC-haters would have preferred to go back to the era of Tigole and Foror, where Warriors were the only tanks, all heal-capable hybrids were told to heal or STFU, and mages and enhancement shamans one-shot everyone.

I would agree with the posters that think GC has kept subscribers from falling even more than they did. I also disagree with the premise the flex is a weak solution for a lack of catch-up content - catch-up content exists already, people are just too impatient to do a lot of it. Flex may provide something of a solution there, in that people can carry their friends, but old heroics provided that as well (and more effectively). More importantly, flex fills the role of the old 10m normal runs.

Lore is an entertaining guy, and I used to watch the weekly marmot regularly. Unfortunately, while knowledgeable, as you get more experienced and more progressed, you start to realize that he isn't nearly as knowledgeable as he first seems. While I don't doubt he has a beneficial role to play at Blizzard, I don't think he could do GC's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    The proscene of wow pvp began in TBC, and in the later seasons many pro's will tell you they were considerably more balanced than the game is now. However, the undisputed most balanced pvp occurred in WOTLK, as the non-existent pro scene will tell you. And I say non-existent because it was decimated in cataclysm and has been declining ever since.
    Oh you mean during TBC when locks can take off their gear and spam 1234 and will faceroll anyone?

Pro scene happened during TBC because it was first time arena was introduced not because it had wonderful balance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    MoP >> TBC.

Yeah, I said it.
    No way, but it is most definitely an extremely close second. New zones alone, but maybe I'm biased because I love oriental architecture and I love that they made some of the landscapes like the tiered tea fields in China.

Ghostcrawler is the scapecrab for lots of forum posters. No, he won't lose his job unless there is catastrophic turmoil at Blizzard (or unless he decides to jump ship himself.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I don't think he should be fired, but you're stupid if you think GCs decisions haven't affected the amount of subs. Largely the work of GC has been bandaids to add as many players as possible in the short-term, but now as we approach the long term, people are quitting, yeah in large part because of things implemented by GC and his crew.
    And what if the changes actually reduce the decline of numbers? What if the changes he made did not happen and larger numbers may have quitted? You did not agree with his changes, that is fine. I did not agree with some of his changes either.

But no one will know what happened if he did not make any changes. The main chain of though is that he made changes and numbers still fell. So if he did not make those changes then those numbers would not have fallen. Well, perhaps if he did not make those changes the numbers could have even fallen faster.

Only Blizzards knows how many people left and what kind of the players these were, even if these players did not give any reasons for leaving, I am sure Blizzards can datamine their play habits. From this, they can determine what type of players were leaving and responds to those data.

We, the forums posters, can only speculate and concoct our own reasons from the very little facts or rumors that we have. And like it not, we can also be very very wrong. Something that some seems to refuse to accept.

GC is good at his job, hes just not good at creating an immersive and challenging MMO.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).