View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2314. This poll is closed
  • Yes

526 22.73%
  • No

1,788 77.27%
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    part of me really wants the day to come when he actually does lose his job, so all the doomsayers will have to find a new scapegoat to whine about once they realize that his removal didnt make a damn bit of difference
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Jesus, I feel so sorry for Ghostcrawler, he gets the brunt of so much hate, and singled out as the worst thing to have happened to the game. I think people need to take a step back and realise he is only one person and doesn't have full control over what happens with the game, He's just the one person that has taken time out of his life to actually converse with us players, and for that we repay him with a noose? ..

So sad.
    Even with all that hate, 80% of MMO-C's usually GC-critical forum goes so far seems to be alright with the guy. I find that rather heartening, actually.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    The mans only experience in video games is Age of Empires, for him to come across as a condescending prick that he knows what is best for the game than the people who actually play the damn thing is what I dislike about him, hell he said game play over lore! So hey let's make a game that we can't balance, class choice is becoming irrelevant because of all the homogenization, where the game play was better 2 expansions ago..................WITH A CRAP STORY! Great idea Greg!
    1. By this point he has a few years experience running the systems piece of World of Warcraft to go with his Age of Empires piece.
    2. Game play over lore: His responsibility is game play. Of course that's what he would say.
    3. Balance: I don't think there's been a single day since 2005 when someone hasn't complained about balance.
    4. You'd prefer to see less homogenization and so would I. If that happens there will be more problems with balance.

The rest is just you spouting stuff angrily. You might think the game play was better two expansions ago. Others might disagree. Street has little-to-nothing to do with the story so blame Metzen for that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Jesus, I feel so sorry for Ghostcrawler, he gets the brunt of so much hate, and singled out as the worst thing to have happened to the game. I think people need to take a step back and realise he is only one person and doesn't have full control over what happens with the game, He's just the one person that has taken time out of his life to actually converse with us players, and for that we repay him with a noose? ..

So sad.
    What do you expect? It's cool to hate. It's shitty but he's an adult, and far smarter than most of the idiot playerbase, so he knows how it is and I doubt it gets to him.

I mean, would it get to you to have some unpleasable idiots calling for your head just to hear the sound of their own voice?

If you work at any company & your in charge of a department & that department is not doing so well then the board will oust you & replace you.
    Nothing personal its just business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I think he is doing a great job, but at the same time, I feel sorry for him. The people on the forums are absolutely retarded. Just looking at the front page tells me at how stupid the people Ghostcrawler responds to are.
    Everytime I read one of those questions he answers I groan loudly. There's some ignorant people playing this game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You guys whining about balance now don't know how it was in vanilla and BC.
    PvP was more balanced back then, because there were fewer abilities.

But PvE was a mess because so many raids required class stacking.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The only guy who should be fired is Chris Metzen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    PvP was more balanced back then, because there were fewer abilities.
    PvP was definitely more balanced.

Deleted
    Actually I don't think it will ever happen. Blizzard has a reputation for being very arrogant about their success and that they have done everything correctly..

But I realy wish it would happen.
    I don't want him to be fired, but switched to another game. Giving a brand new guy or a guy who as in charge in vanilla and bc the lead.

Honestly I realy think he lost touch with the game. Cata was abyssmal and MoPwasn't better. Granted there were some additions that should have been implended long ago (mogging for exemple) but the overall trend of making the game easier and more accessable for a bigger audience has ruined the genre.

MMOs were never meant to please everyone, they have been very hardcore compared to other games from the beginning and that should be the case again.
    For casuals there have been other types of games ... RTS, FPS, RPGs ... Coop games and so on.
    All those genres are pretty much dieing at the moment since every developer or publisher wants to create one of those casual friendly mmos to milk it.

Same goes for Metzen. He completely and totally lost the connection to the lore. This is possible! Look at George Lucas who ost it aswell.
    The game went from a realy cool and stunning fantasy lore that could dompete with DnD or Warhammer to something taht is more a pop culture joke and a comic for 8 years olds than a living fantasy world with depths.

As for PvP:

I think here is is pretty much the other way around, PvP has never been that balanced in classic for exemple it as impossible to beat a good rogue or a Warrior if you were not a mage. PvP basically was cetnered around these 3 classes.

In BC PvP was centered between Druids(Resto), Rogues and Warriors. With Mage, Rogue, Priest in 3s.

However I think after 2 1/2 addons GC should give someone else a chance ... unfortunately I don't think i will ever happen.

No he won't. Sub loss has nothing to do with him the game is 8 years old. What we should see soon is sub numbers becoming more stable. Also you mentioned there is no way to catch up to content? Get to 90 -> heroics+ scenarios-> LFR tier 14-> LFR ToT-> ToT. This is a good system they have now. New heroic 5-mans with every patch only make the last tier completely irrelevant this way you at least see all of the bosses once during their expansion.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

"MoP >> TBC."

I agree with this. In my opinion, TBC was great, so is MOP, and MOP wins.

GC is doing a great job. His counterparts at Rift, SWOTR, EQ, etc have seen their products pretty much disappear. He is doing a far better job than his competition.

Good job GC I really respect that you deal with so much hatred and keep on doing your job as well as you do.

No, and anyone who thinks so is an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you list stuff that he has no control over?
    He doesn't have direct control over it, but may have indirectly caused a subscriber drop through gameplay changes. It's hard to prove a correlation though.

Either way, I hope someone else will take over his position. The WoW dev team - especially the select few who make the calls - needs a fresh new breeze.

Deleted
    The only thing done wrong within the game was introducing arena and the mentality it brought with it along with the need of class balance to an extent not possible within an mmo if you want to keep class diversity.

Yes, I said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Would i like him to be demoted? Sure would, he is partly to blame for the monstrosity wow has turned into. Will he be fired? No.

They kept jay wilson and you guys saw the craptastic way he handled D3. There are 2 indie games (Torchlight II and Path of Exile) that are vastly superior to a group of seasoned professionals that were brought onto the team with nearly limitless funds to make a sequel to already booming franchise. And they still bombed so hard that the even the hardcore diablo players have jumped ship.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Actually I don't think it will ever happen. Blizzard has a reputation for being very arrogant about their success and that they have done everything correctly.
    Oh really, do they? Wonder where you're getting that from.

We still have bashiok, so no way they will demote GC.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    GC has been an utter disaster for WoW both for gameplay and sub numbers.
    You know he's just a scapegoat, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.