Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I could understand the criticism that they throw off loot systems in normal/heroic though. To use myself as an example, my PR this patch is far and away highest on the team despite me also having top 3 highest ilvl. Why? I had good luck with bonus rolls so I never accrued that much gp. Seems kind of unfair in that it works against what systems like EPGP are trying to accomplish (even/fair distribution).

Otherwise, they're a nice addition to the game.

Uh.... OP..... you must not have played 5.0.

Dailies were mandatory for pre-raid gear, not for coins. LFR was mandatory to get the gear to run Normal Mode, not to spend coins.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

"You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Better version of my avatar.

1. It's already a few patches later, and dailies are NOT the only way to get them anymore.
    2. I guess the developpers didn't want it to "not" work. So I doubt removing it makes it work as intended by the developers. (since when are they the ones making the choices anyway?)

I get my charms by farming mobs & as a heroic raider I love those bonus rolls to fuck with the other dps

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So I guess you find "afking in shrine" the only interesting thing in wow, because you get coins by doing anything but that.
    spamming heroics/scenario's/challenge mode doesn't either, unfortunately :/

Still I go with it. Then no bonus rolls for a week, my fault, my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Jaylock threads are quite (in)famous around MMO, and I noticed there have been very few of them until this week, so there may be some truth there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Jaylock threads are quite (in)famous around MMO, and I noticed there have been very few of them until this week, so there may be some truth there.
    He was banned for a really long time.

OT: If it weren't for Bonus Rolls I wouldn't have 3 of my BIS pieces currently since they've never dropped, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

This is like people bitching just so they have something to bitch about. The only people the coins affect are the people that choose to use them. This whole thread is a waste of my time to respond to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    If you really think people still do dailies you must be really confused, people who actually play the game and don't just log to raid easily have over 1000coins with no way to spend them. Not to mention the countless ways to get over 500coins per hour now.
    500 coins an hour? I usually do the TOT dailies and first batch of Golden Lotus and that's 50 in about 30 mins, but you intrigue me.. how is that? Barrens grinding?
    Karuzo, mistweaver monk | Macphisto, discipline priest
    Formerly in Razzia Arthas-US (US #6), no new home yet, surprise guild disbands just before xpac are fun!

Mechagnome
    "I DON'T WANT TO DO DAILIES" Are you serious? dailies have been 100% optional since 5.2 I raid hc and I never do dailies. I get my coins from killing random rares I see, pet battles leveling for the celestial tournament and killing random mobs in barrerns. Just from pet battles leveling Ive gotten over 350 coins this week.

I think a lot of people had very different opinions on coins in 5.0 If you got lucky you loved them and the people with 10+ coins and no loot hated them but now I think they have worked out very nice its not just loot or nothing like it was in 5.0. Now if you roll on a boss and the upgrade is kinda meh losing a roll can be better then getting loot, Sure loot is always nice but if you lose you know next time you will have a higher chance next time to get loot on a boss you really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    but if you lose you know next time you will have a higher chance next time to get loot on a boss you really need.
    Thats not how it works...
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

I think it was a great idea, then they made it even better with improved chances of winning on a roll, I used that option to win the item I needed by just using it on specific gear items.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    "You care. Only you."

Seriously this place has a major credibility issue on the web and as been seen as a kind of Jersey Shore of MMO forums.
    I try to help to improve it but this specimen shows that it's a hard job. "Only you?" Do you honestly believe that? You are very naive.

Gimlix, please think before you post, you are making yourself look very silly.

Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Replace bonus roll with gems/enchants and your entire post is still the same. Remove those too please, cba buying stuff to enhance my gear.
    Nothing like ruining two professions, an entire profit market and a feeling of "this piece isn't complete until (goldsink)" with a semi-quote from Ghostcrawler.

On topic, gems and enchants aren't hard, bonus roll coins aren't hard. Think everyone needs to chill out and realize these "daunting tasks" take at most a total of 10-30 minutes of our time. The biggest time sinks that are in this game is bloody valor capping and raiding, and while I don't agree that valor capping should take as much time as it does, raiding is perfect being where it is.

I don't want to go back to the days of tbc where I was farming, grinding and crafting for double the time I was actually raiding.
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.

Who is still saying dailies are mandatory?

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I think it was a great idea, then they made it even better with improved chances of winning on a roll, I used that option to win the item I needed by just using it on specific gear items.
    that system still doesnt rly work tho, if its the "bad streak" wich they added u meant. i've still managed to get 12 coins with only gold in a row. hopefully that will get fixed and the bad streak will work properly soon.

I7 3770k @ 4,6 Ghz | Asus Maximus V Formula | Corsair H100i (CPU at 30 - 32 degrees under full load) | 16 Gb of Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz ram | Corsair HX750 watt PSU | Gigabyte 7970 |Samsung 830 pro 128 gb ssd | 1tb wd black | 2 tb wd green | Cooler Master Storm Stryker case |Logitech G19 keyboard | Logitech MK320 wireless mouse | LG 37" screen + 2 24" acer screens

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm not disagreeing that it is easy to obtain the coins. What I am saying is that its is a terrible feature of the game. It just fuels the entitlement issue that whining players have that they want more content and want the same things as the heroic mode raiders. Its an artificial boost to raiding that diminishes the concept of loot.
    What are you smoking? Heroic raiders stand to gain more from the coins because they get chances at heroic raid gear when they use them. The LFR player has a shot at much crappier gear! How does this fuel entitlement arguments? When I can obtain heroic loot from LFR with my bonus loot coins I'll concede that you have a point. That'll probably happen never.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    No, it's just common practice that whoever gets a bonus roll on the item they needed speaks up and lets everyone know. That way they don't have to put a bid in on the item that did drop. It's all common practice tbh and it should be everywhere I'd assume at least for higher end guilds. And if someone gets an item they had got from a bonus roll they gladly trade it to another person.

In our group if they win an item on the bonus roll they just don't roll on loot from the boss. No one has to say anything????

This is actually the first qq thread I read about the coins ..... not sure why you want it to be removed from normals and heroics.......

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Dailies were mandatory for pre-raid gear, not for coins. LFR was mandatory to get the gear to run Normal Mode, not to spend coins.

Dam I must have done it wrong.