Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #301
    Blizzard can do whatever the hell they damn please at the end of the day. They are going to do the in game shop to replace the lost income from subs. Business 101 and you don't know it :P
    They will also lose other subscriptions because of the game-shop .
    Their business 101 is a just a bet they will sell enough helmets to compensate for the money they won't get from those subscriptions and expansions sold.

    I am not sure that this is a good bussines plan .

    Just compare what they offer versus what the conccurence offer .

    [ Buy game+buy expansions+mothly fee+ microtranscations] versus Buy game or subscriptions or microtransactions


    Their offer in this moment is just bad .

  2. #302
    My beef with the ingame store is pure and simple:

    Why in the world would I pay for stuff that would otherwise would've been put into the game for the same subscription fee I payed already anyways?

    No this isn't extra stuff. transmogrifiable gear is already available from darkmoon faire. You can already collect mounts through all sorts of means in game same for pets,heirlooms are your xp buff and the coins can be collected through(for an extra roll at gear(seems to cut it pretty close to p2w to me). Suggesting to me that if we wouldn't have had a shop for it in the first place and they never would've tried it odds are this stuff would've been available to you ingame sooner or later without having to pay extra for it.

    This shop to me is little more then a way for blizzard to milk their customers as much as possible and I for one am not gonna be a part of it.

    As for bussiness 101. Don't piss off your customers. Business 101 and they don't even seem to know it.

  3. #303
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Well, if you rent a car and then have to pay to use the radio or the AC it's kinda of a bullshit move.

    Sure you can opt to not use AC or radio but you paid for the use of the car, you should be use the
    entire product if you paid for it.

  4. #304
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vacating
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    2013 2nd quarter gaap WoW revenue was higher than 2012 2nd quarter WoW revenue.

    So everything works as intended: fewer subscriptions but loyal fan base gets more chances to invest in their favorite hobby.

    The rest really should stop posting about it as they are no longer fans, but quite frankly put haters...

    Battlenet Coins is already a sign Blizzard will their shop over all their Battlenet games, upcoming free to play games included.

    and thevfans will love it.
    So, if you aren't willing to pay Blizzard whatever they want, you're a hater? Sounds like you're not talking about fans anymore - more like cultists.

  5. #305
    Mechagnome vastx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    676
    Blizzard can say they're only gonna offer optional items that isn't PTW in the in-game-store all they want. I believe currently, that's their intent. But it's here now (well, soon anyway). And I can promise you, within a year or so they'll start offering gear to buy. The box has been open.

    I'm not all gloom and doom about it though. I mean, if that's what people wanna spend their money on cool. I do worry about what it'll do to the game. But all I can do is shrug at this point.

  6. #306
    Q: Have you considered micro-transactions in WoW?

    A: We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.

    Q: But it might make it easier for the casuals to catch up....

    A: They aren't going to be the ones spending the money.





    Rob Pardo @ GDC 2008.

  7. #307
    High Overlord Nixius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    186
    The store has made me look at f2P titles more. I'm thinking about LOTRO a lot more these days. Will be keeping an open mind but that doesn't mean it will be in Blizzard's favor when a sub has to be paid.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    In classic and burning crusade, every item the developers created was given to the players, in-game. That's what the sub fee was helping pay for. Now, that's no longer the case. They've basically said, "You need to pay for content that you were already paying for. The sub fee isn't enough anymore."
    We've had cosmetic items like pets and mounts in the store for a very, very long time. Developer time was taken up making new mounts and pets. The ONLY difference now is that there are 3 new helms, cosmetic items, in the story and the amount of bellyaching (and frankly bad, ill reasoned arguments) has gone through the roof.

    All of the bellowing, rage and attitude doesn't many any sense. Even if this is the purported slippery slope, there's little reason to complain, unless someone already has issues with Blizzard and need to latch onto the latest outrage.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  9. #309
    All of the bellowing, rage and attitude doesn't many any sense.
    It doesn't make sense for the fanboys.

    For all the other customers it make all the sense in the world.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    It doesn't make sense for the fanboys.
    Calling people fanboys does not bolster your argument.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  11. #311
    The ONLY difference now is that there are 3 new helms, cosmetic items, in the story and the amount of bellyaching (and frankly bad, ill reasoned arguments) has gone through the roof.
    Is called "Straw that broke the camel's back"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_t...camel%27s_back

    But the fanboys can't understand , they are ready to enjoy forever all the sht in the world throwed at them , as long as is throwed by Blizzard.
    Last edited by vandam; 2013-08-03 at 01:03 PM.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    We've had cosmetic items like pets and mounts in the store for a very, very long time. Developer time was taken up making new mounts and pets. The ONLY difference now is that there are 3 new helms, cosmetic items, in the story and the amount of bellyaching (and frankly bad, ill reasoned arguments) has gone through the roof.

    All of the bellowing, rage and attitude doesn't many any sense. Even if this is the purported slippery slope, there's little reason to complain, unless someone already has issues with Blizzard and need to latch onto the latest outrage.
    You know what doesn't make sense to me? That people are just fine paying for stuff that without their shop needing items wouldn't have cost them a dmned thing.

    Blizzard alright guys bend over and let us milk every last penny out of you.

    Fandom: Sure go ahead great idea!

    to put it blunt.

    That doesn't make any sense.

  13. #313
    Dreadlord calmsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    What Blizzard did is

    GREED
    I strongly disagree. They are selling items that completely optional and not AT ALL necessary to enjoy the game as it's been enjoyed for the past (nearly) 9 years. I personally think ALL of the vanity items in the store are hideous, so I've never been interested in buying them. The only item I'm interested in is the XP flask because I like the idea of being able to level up my alts even faster.

  14. #314
    There's lot of things wrong with the shop.

    People feel cheated out that paying subscription no longer provides them with full access to all content.
    People dont like the idea that a company has to charge them extra on top of a subscription to have access to all content.
    People dont like the notion of awesome looking items to be gated behind real life money instead of in-game challange.

  15. #315
    Pandaren Monk -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    There's lot of things wrong with the shop.

    People feel cheated out that paying subscription no longer provides them with full access to all content.
    People dont like the idea that a company has to charge them extra on top of a subscription to have access to all content.
    People dont like the notion of awesome looking items to be gated behind real life money instead of in-game challange.
    I didn't know a helmet is classified as content in that way. Ok it would be cool if you could of gotten these helmets in-game through an achievement or something, but you can't so why care? If you don't like it then don't buy it, it's just a cosmetic item. If they start selling USEFUL gear and the like is when I'll personally take a stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  16. #316
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Really.

    Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store?
    Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

    -Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)
    Why should we have to pay for ANY of those things? It should instead be "think of all the cool things they could add to the game"; If something ingame is not working well, you don't add a fix or an extra in the store to let people, who already pay a hefty subscription (With a turnover of ~100mil + per month total) buy it, no, you fix it ingame or you introduce alternate ways to get coins for example. Your idea, and what we are seeing now, is using flaws of the game to make money, instead of fixing it ingame. Like people complaining about the dark boring unimaginative look of recent tiers (don't care what YOU think, a lot of people complaining is what this is about) and then listening and releasing a coloured cool transmorph that stands out..at last!! but...it's 15 euro instead of available in the game. THAT is what's wrong with it.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Really.

    Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.

    Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.

    Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

    -Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)

    As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    Cool things for sale? Everything wrong with it!

    For cool items in the game, instead of playing the game we will have to part with our cash. The function of cool items has always been to encourage the player to "play the game". Now greedy Activision continues to destroy WoW. To the ground, baby!

  18. #318
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,971
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Blizzard can say they're only gonna offer optional items that isn't PTW in the in-game-store all they want. I believe currently, that's their intent. But it's here now (well, soon anyway). And I can promise you, within a year or so they'll start offering gear to buy. The box has been open.

    I'm not all gloom and doom about it though. I mean, if that's what people wanna spend their money on cool. I do worry about what it'll do to the game. But all I can do is shrug at this point.
    People of your ilk keep saying this and have been saying it since 2007. Still, six years later, they have yet to offer a single piece of gear for progression purposes on the store.

    But keep tooting that old, worn-out horn. I'm sure one day in like, 2199, maybe it'll come true. By then you won't even be worm food, the worms that ate you would be worm food.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Syax View Post
    I hate the store. I pay $15 a month, I should be able to access ALL the content. Blizzard's just compensating for it's dramatic loss of subs.
    Yes, you should be able, but you need to pay some more for all content. Just unsub and show them what you think of that.
    Think again, would you do the same if you were in their shoes? Sure you would, if you know the basics of elementary maths.

  20. #320
    An in-game store is fine, as long as they don't sell pay2win items.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •