Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Stood in the Fire d0e1ow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    That analogy is false.

    This situation would be like, getting a gym membership, which allows you access to the standard equipement, but if you want to drop some more money he's some equipment that's been redesigned for luxury(You can think up whatevr you want that would fall under luxury, it doesn't really matter)

    You can still work out, you just can't work out on the fancy looking machine. Yes, both machines are identical with the exception of aesthetics.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the term irony. We'll ignore that for now. I gave you a sardonic one liner, because it's clear you have no concept of what you're talking about. Sure I could respond, but you'd refute it with your asinine logic anyway, so you tell me, what's the point?
    Maybe you should work on your literary devices. My "asinine" logic. Again, I'm attempting to have a discussion, all you have done is insult me. Afraid to go toe to toe? Probably. Who the fuck gets refuted by "asinine" logic? Someone who has never taken a course in logic? So if my logic is so asinine, how is it that I would refute you? If it was asinine, wouldn't that mean that I COULDN'T refute you? Since you won't engage me in debate, and just insist that I would refute you, I'm going to assume that by asinine you meant "superior".

    It's alright. I'm out of here, Daddy Warbucks.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    That analogy is false.

    This situation would be like, getting a gym membership, which allows you access to the standard equipement, but if you want to drop some more money he's some equipment that's been redesigned for luxury(You can think up whatevr you want that would fall under luxury, it doesn't really matter)

    You can still work out, you just can't work out on the fancy looking machine. Yes, both machines are identical with the exception of aesthetics.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the term irony. We'll ignore that for now. I gave you a sardonic one liner, because it's clear you have no concept of what you're talking about. Sure I could respond, but you'd refute it with your asinine logic anyway, so you tell me, what's the point?
    The analogy is valid, because aesthetics are intrinsically important in video games, an RPG, and even more so in an MMO - NOT an extra, like "fancy looking machines" in a gym.

  3. #123
    I think it's a weird thing to add to be honest..

    Getting a new look for real money.
    Getting an xp-boost for real-money.
    and making new content available for all players.

    These tags can you apply to 2 games.. League of Legends and WoW, only one is a f2p-game, and in one I invested more than 300,-(and I'm the lower half of the population I think) and I'm still feeling like i'm a second-class customer.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    The analogy is valid, because aesthetics are intrinsically important in video games, an RPG, and even more so in an MMO - NOT an extra, like "fancy looking machines" in a gym.
    Whether aesthetics are important enough is irrelevant. The analogy is still wrong.

  5. #125
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy88 View Post
    Keeping with our helms discussion, you don't think it's dubious that a huge part of this game is getting cool gear and so they take some cool gear, albeit statless gear, and stick a price tag on it?

    What would you guess more players care about these days: Looking cool, or getting +10 more agility on some pants? Surely players care about BOTH, but which one do you feel most players care about MORE.

    Given how well received x-mogging was, and how x-mogging has become pretty much an entire way to play the game, I'd say more people care about looking cool. So, given x-mogs popularity as a feature, do you not think it's gross that now some of the x-mog gear has a price tag on it?

    As far as the XP potions... they have created this huge gap between 1-90 mostly out of necessity I suppose because of WoW's power progression model, but they themselves admit that 99% of the content they create is for high level players only. They admit that it is a problem for new players just coming into the game, yet they do nothing to really address the gap, still have a fairly high entry cost to just buy all the games, and on top of it, stick some XP potions in the shop for a price tag.

    Their solution to a problem they have admitted to at least inadvertently created is to tax us for the privilege to bypass said problem?

    Am I understand this right?
    EXACTLY! I can not for the LOVE OF GOD understand how people do not SEE that if 655876 people have the SAME ITEM AS you, that item is no longer of any value. Jeez, such a simple concept yet so hard for some to grasp.

  6. #126
    Everyone is already paying Blizzard subscription fees to fund development of the game, including its items and now the store items. They then take that money to create these store items, after that asking subscribers to pay for them again with an in-game store price.

    Now that Blizzard is testing this and seeing that subscribers that already paid are willing to throw more money at them for something they already paid for, they can keep going determining what facets of the game are not part of the subscription fee.

    People talk about being inconvenienced by the game yet they are paying for it, and playing it. Some players want to pay more money to be inconvenienced less. Why pay to be inconvenienced at all? And then happily want to pay more for that inconvenience on a smaller scale? It's funny to watch some talk about it, how they hate having to go through certain things in the game, so they want to pay more to hate it less. If its not fun, don't do it, do something you enjoy in the game or play something else. Do what's fun for you, you are paying for it already.

    Blizzard now instead, is taking our subscription money to divert resources away from what we pay for to create items for instant cash grab items.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy88 View Post
    Maybe you should work on your literary devices. My "asinine" logic. Again, I'm attempting to have a discussion, all you have done is insult me. Afraid to go toe to toe? Probably. Who the fuck gets refuted by "asinine" logic? Someone who has never taken a course in logic? So if my logic is so asinine, how is it that I would refute you? If it was asinine, wouldn't that mean that I COULDN'T refute you? Since you won't engage me in debate, and just insist that I would refute you, I'm going to assume that by asinine you meant "superior".

    It's alright. I'm out of here, Daddy Warbucks.
    Stupid people will cling to their logic even if proof of the opposite is right in their face. Just because your logic is stupid, won't stop you from refuting claims. If anything, the fact that you have asinine logic would suggest that you'd be MORE likely to refute, because it shows you don't have a real basis for the logic. As intelligent as you make yourself seem, I'm surprised I had to explain that to you.

    Probably a good idea to stop here though, I can agree with you on that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Narelle View Post
    Everyone is already paying Blizzard subscription fees to fund development of the game, including its items and now the store items. They then take that money to create these store items, after that asking subscribers to pay for them again with an in-game store price.

    Now that Blizzard is testing this and seeing that subscribers that already paid are willing to throw more money at them for something they already paid for, they can keep going determining what facets of the game are not part of the subscription fee.

    People talk about being inconvenienced by the game yet they are paying for it, and playing it. Some players want to pay more money to be inconvenienced less. Why pay to be inconvenienced at all? And then happily want to pay more for that inconvenience on a smaller scale? It's funny to watch some talk about it, how they hate having to go through certain things in the game, so they want to pay more to hate it less. If its not fun, don't do it, do something you enjoy in the game or play something else. Do what's fun for you, you are paying for it already.

    Blizzard now instead, is taking our subscription money to divert resources away from what we pay for to create items for instant cash grab items.
    I think your tin foil hat is on a little too tight.

    Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-01 at 08:45 PM.

  8. #128
    the whole cash shop shit started with activisions incorporation in blizzard really, back when vivendi owned the whole shit they could pump out new content, even Vanity content without charging money for it.

    can't they just recolour my fucking brewfest stein, which haven't been fucking recolored for years... but yeah, they probably want me to fucking extra for that as well.
    frankly mounts and vanity items are, and should not be considered 'extra' in a game with a subscription fee and a achievement system.
    this is a part of the content for vanity, mount and pet collecters, and i don't know if you remember but there was a shitstorm over that alliance had a additional mount more than the horde because it made it easier for them to get the achievement.
    same goes for this, some achievements are easier to get for those who wants to, and can afford to spend their money on the game. why should vanity item, mount and pet collectors be punished because they want to experience those parts of the game?

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Who would like paying someone to make something and that fee goes towards time making it and all the materials, and then get charged again for the finished product?
    We are being charged again for items we already paid for them to make with our subs.
    By that logic, it must really piss you off to buy an expansion? That is content that was created with your sub money, they could just as easily just put the expansion in place instead of making you pay for it (i.e. making MORE money off of you!!)

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    EXACTLY! I can not for the LOVE OF GOD understand how people do not SEE that if 655876 people have the SAME ITEM AS you, that item is no longer of any value. Jeez, such a simple concept yet so hard for some to grasp.
    In your signature banner, you're wearing Tier 2 mage gear. That means running Blackwing Lair a few times, a clear that's kind of annoying (god, the slows) but is otherwise in no way difficult -- especially if you can recruit a friend for the first boss.

    Is Tier 2 mage gear gorgeous? Yes.

    Is Tier 2 mage gear even remotely hard to get? Not really.

    Does the fact that Tier 2 mage gear is an easy grind for a Level 90 render the fact it looks totally awesome invalid? No, it doesn't.

    Just because something is common (or potentially common -- just because transmog gear's available from the shops doesn't mean everyone's going to wear it at once, or even in the same way) doesn't mean it can't be beautiful and have value to the person wearing it.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    why should vanity item, mount and pet collectors be punished because they want to experience those parts of the game?
    What is there to experience? Watching your pet counter go up by one more? You don't NEED the stuff from the store to get the in-game achievements. It's not as if buying these pets suddenly gives you more content.

    I can slightly understand being frustrated by ONLY being able to buy it online. I feel if they offered it both ways it'd work better, that way it gives players a choice. At the same time though, some of the stuff adds was for charities/etc. You pay money to support the charity and you get a pet, you don't get a pet and then support the charity. That's what I think a lot of people don't understand. You can't realistically expect to be able to get items like that where the cost is more than just simply giving blizzard more revenue.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People are against it because they are thinking that blizzard is going to make godlike looking gear that is better then any gear in game, and the tiers/season sets will look like shit.
    T16 already looks like crap imo, and the graphics quality of the mog helms from the store is significantly better than anything we have in game.

  13. #133
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,041
    Nothing. People just like to whinge over what they cannot get. Yes, I firmly believe that people whinging the most about micro transactions, are unable to buy what they want. They are so hurt over this that they even call those of us that can STUPID for buying what we want.

    I'll gladly buy that elixir when we can. However, increased bank storage, more char slots should NOT be from a store. We do still pay sub after all, and I am hoping for them to give us that 50 toon limit where we can have them all on one server if we feel like it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    In your signature banner, you're wearing Tier 2 mage gear. That means running Blackwing Lair a few times, a clear that's kind of annoying (god, the slows) but is otherwise in no way difficult -- especially if you can recruit a friend for the first boss.

    Is Tier 2 mage gear gorgeous? Yes.

    Is Tier 2 mage gear even remotely hard to get? Not really.

    Does the fact that Tier 2 mage gear is an easy grind for a Level 90 render the fact it looks totally awesome invalid? No, it doesn't.

    Just because something is common (or potentially common -- just because transmog gear's available from the shops doesn't mean everyone's going to wear it at once, or even in the same way) doesn't mean it can't be beautiful and have value to the person wearing it.

    I love this attitude <3.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    T16 already looks like crap imo, and the graphics quality of the mog helms from the store is significantly better than anything we have in game.
    That doesn't mean it's going to look good with everything else though. Sure the helms are cool as standalone, but some armor sets I'd hazard to guess those helms would actually make look WORSE or at the very least out of place.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    By that logic, it must really piss you off to buy an expansion? That is content that was created with your sub money, they could just as easily just put the expansion in place instead of making you pay for it (i.e. making MORE money off of you!!)
    not really, a expansion comes with TONNES of more content, and it's basically a whole new game added to the current one.
    however paying 1/4th or 1/2 of what you pay for an expansion for a single helm or mount are directly retarded.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    not really, a expansion comes with TONNES of more content, and it's basically a whole new game added to the current one.
    paying the half of what you pay for an expansion however paying 1/4th or 1/2 of what you pay for an expansion for a single helm or mount are directly retarded.

    Not everyone's opportunity cost is the same.

  17. #137
    Pit Lord Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Really.

    Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.

    Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.

    Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

    -Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)

    As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    absolutely nothing, as long as we can obtain the items sold by ingames mean and not be forced to buy with $$.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Whether aesthetics are important enough is irrelevant. The analogy is still wrong.
    "Nope. I'm right you are wrong"

    Nice expression. Most commonly used by children when presented with their defeat in an argument.

    Hope you deal better with real life debates than online ones, rofl.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    i don't get it, it's a subscription based game, i am already paid for the cd's and paying a subscription fee just so they can pay their salaries and make new content, so why do they have to make a cash shop exactly? it works in games with the freemium model, but it's just obnoxious when it's done to a game i'm already paying for.

    it's like paying a subscription to the gym, and then being asked pay ekstra for using the machines and tools except the floor mat with the reasoning that you can train all of your muscles without the machines.
    Your gym membership analogy is completely false. Let me correct it for you:

    Its like paying for a gym membership, and then being asked to pay extra for the protein shakes they sell, or the personal training they offer, or the jump ropes they sell. Yet, you think all those extras should be free and part of your membership? Welcome to the real world.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  20. #140
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    absolutely nothing, as long as we can obtain the items sold by ingames mean and not be forced to buy with $$.
    You're not forced to buy anything no matter what it costs. Free will and all that, you know? If they'd sell it for in-game currencies, they'd make vendors.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •