Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everyone is already paying Blizzard subscription fees to fund development of the game, including its items and now the store items. They then take that money to create these store items, after that asking subscribers to pay for them again with an in-game store price.

Now that Blizzard is testing this and seeing that subscribers that already paid are willing to throw more money at them for something they already paid for, they can keep going determining what facets of the game are not part of the subscription fee.

People talk about being inconvenienced by the game yet they are paying for it, and playing it. Some players want to pay more money to be inconvenienced less. Why pay to be inconvenienced at all? And then happily want to pay more for that inconvenience on a smaller scale? It's funny to watch some talk about it, how they hate having to go through certain things in the game, so they want to pay more to hate it less. If its not fun, don't do it, do something you enjoy in the game or play something else. Do what's fun for you, you are paying for it already.

Blizzard now instead, is taking our subscription money to divert resources away from what we pay for to create items for instant cash grab items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy88 View Post
    Maybe you should work on your literary devices. My "asinine" logic. Again, I'm attempting to have a discussion, all you have done is insult me. Afraid to go toe to toe? Probably. Who the fuck gets refuted by "asinine" logic? Someone who has never taken a course in logic? So if my logic is so asinine, how is it that I would refute you? If it was asinine, wouldn't that mean that I COULDN'T refute you? Since you won't engage me in debate, and just insist that I would refute you, I'm going to assume that by asinine you meant "superior".

It's alright. I'm out of here, Daddy Warbucks.
    Stupid people will cling to their logic even if proof of the opposite is right in their face. Just because your logic is stupid, won't stop you from refuting claims. If anything, the fact that you have asinine logic would suggest that you'd be MORE likely to refute, because it shows you don't have a real basis for the logic. As intelligent as you make yourself seem, I'm surprised I had to explain that to you.

Probably a good idea to stop here though, I can agree with you on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narelle View Post
    Everyone is already paying Blizzard subscription fees to fund development of the game, including its items and now the store items. They then take that money to create these store items, after that asking subscribers to pay for them again with an in-game store price.

Now that Blizzard is testing this and seeing that subscribers that already paid are willing to throw more money at them for something they already paid for, they can keep going determining what facets of the game are not part of the subscription fee.

People talk about being inconvenienced by the game yet they are paying for it, and playing it. Some players want to pay more money to be inconvenienced less. Why pay to be inconvenienced at all? And then happily want to pay more for that inconvenience on a smaller scale? It's funny to watch some talk about it, how they hate having to go through certain things in the game, so they want to pay more to hate it less. If its not fun, don't do it, do something you enjoy in the game or play something else. Do what's fun for you, you are paying for it already.

Blizzard now instead, is taking our subscription money to divert resources away from what we pay for to create items for instant cash grab items.
    I think your tin foil hat is on a little too tight.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-01 at 08:45 PM.

the whole cash shop shit started with activisions incorporation in blizzard really, back when vivendi owned the whole shit they could pump out new content, even Vanity content without charging money for it.

can't they just recolour my fucking brewfest stein, which haven't been fucking recolored for years... but yeah, they probably want me to fucking extra for that as well.
    frankly mounts and vanity items are, and should not be considered 'extra' in a game with a subscription fee and a achievement system.
    this is a part of the content for vanity, mount and pet collecters, and i don't know if you remember but there was a shitstorm over that alliance had a additional mount more than the horde because it made it easier for them to get the achievement.
    same goes for this, some achievements are easier to get for those who wants to, and can afford to spend their money on the game. why should vanity item, mount and pet collectors be punished because they want to experience those parts of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Who would like paying someone to make something and that fee goes towards time making it and all the materials, and then get charged again for the finished product?
    We are being charged again for items we already paid for them to make with our subs.
    By that logic, it must really piss you off to buy an expansion? That is content that was created with your sub money, they could just as easily just put the expansion in place instead of making you pay for it (i.e. making MORE money off of you!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    EXACTLY! I can not for the LOVE OF GOD understand how people do not SEE that if 655876 people have the SAME ITEM AS you, that item is no longer of any value. Jeez, such a simple concept yet so hard for some to grasp.
    In your signature banner, you're wearing Tier 2 mage gear. That means running Blackwing Lair a few times, a clear that's kind of annoying (god, the slows) but is otherwise in no way difficult -- especially if you can recruit a friend for the first boss.

Is Tier 2 mage gear gorgeous? Yes.

Is Tier 2 mage gear even remotely hard to get? Not really.

Does the fact that Tier 2 mage gear is an easy grind for a Level 90 render the fact it looks totally awesome invalid? No, it doesn't.

Just because something is common (or potentially common -- just because transmog gear's available from the shops doesn't mean everyone's going to wear it at once, or even in the same way) doesn't mean it can't be beautiful and have value to the person wearing it.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    why should vanity item, mount and pet collectors be punished because they want to experience those parts of the game?
    What is there to experience? Watching your pet counter go up by one more? You don't NEED the stuff from the store to get the in-game achievements. It's not as if buying these pets suddenly gives you more content.

I can slightly understand being frustrated by ONLY being able to buy it online. I feel if they offered it both ways it'd work better, that way it gives players a choice. At the same time though, some of the stuff adds was for charities/etc. You pay money to support the charity and you get a pet, you don't get a pet and then support the charity. That's what I think a lot of people don't understand. You can't realistically expect to be able to get items like that where the cost is more than just simply giving blizzard more revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People are against it because they are thinking that blizzard is going to make godlike looking gear that is better then any gear in game, and the tiers/season sets will look like shit.
    T16 already looks like crap imo, and the graphics quality of the mog helms from the store is significantly better than anything we have in game.

Nothing. People just like to whinge over what they cannot get. Yes, I firmly believe that people whinging the most about micro transactions, are unable to buy what they want. They are so hurt over this that they even call those of us that can STUPID for buying what we want.

I'll gladly buy that elixir when we can. However, increased bank storage, more char slots should NOT be from a store. We do still pay sub after all, and I am hoping for them to give us that 50 toon limit where we can have them all on one server if we feel like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    In your signature banner, you're wearing Tier 2 mage gear. That means running Blackwing Lair a few times, a clear that's kind of annoying (god, the slows) but is otherwise in no way difficult -- especially if you can recruit a friend for the first boss.

Is Tier 2 mage gear gorgeous? Yes.

Is Tier 2 mage gear even remotely hard to get? Not really.

Does the fact that Tier 2 mage gear is an easy grind for a Level 90 render the fact it looks totally awesome invalid? No, it doesn't.

Just because something is common (or potentially common -- just because transmog gear's available from the shops doesn't mean everyone's going to wear it at once, or even in the same way) doesn't mean it can't be beautiful and have value to the person wearing it.

I love this attitude <3.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    T16 already looks like crap imo, and the graphics quality of the mog helms from the store is significantly better than anything we have in game.
    That doesn't mean it's going to look good with everything else though. Sure the helms are cool as standalone, but some armor sets I'd hazard to guess those helms would actually make look WORSE or at the very least out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    By that logic, it must really piss you off to buy an expansion? That is content that was created with your sub money, they could just as easily just put the expansion in place instead of making you pay for it (i.e. making MORE money off of you!!)
    not really, a expansion comes with TONNES of more content, and it's basically a whole new game added to the current one.
    however paying 1/4th or 1/2 of what you pay for an expansion for a single helm or mount are directly retarded.

not really, a expansion comes with TONNES of more content, and it's basically a whole new game added to the current one.
    paying the half of what you pay for an expansion however paying 1/4th or 1/2 of what you pay for an expansion for a single helm or mount are directly retarded.

Not everyone's opportunity cost is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.

Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.

Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

-Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)

As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    absolutely nothing, as long as we can obtain the items sold by ingames mean and not be forced to buy with $$.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Whether aesthetics are important enough is irrelevant. The analogy is still wrong.
    "Nope. I'm right you are wrong"

Nice expression. Most commonly used by children when presented with their defeat in an argument.

Hope you deal better with real life debates than online ones, rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't get it, it's a subscription based game, i am already paid for the cd's and paying a subscription fee just so they can pay their salaries and make new content, so why do they have to make a cash shop exactly? it works in games with the freemium model, but it's just obnoxious when it's done to a game i'm already paying for.

it's like paying a subscription to the gym, and then being asked pay ekstra for using the machines and tools except the floor mat with the reasoning that you can train all of your muscles without the machines.
    Your gym membership analogy is completely false. Let me correct it for you:

Its like paying for a gym membership, and then being asked to pay extra for the protein shakes they sell, or the personal training they offer, or the jump ropes they sell. Yet, you think all those extras should be free and part of your membership? Welcome to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    absolutely nothing, as long as we can obtain the items sold by ingames mean and not be forced to buy with $$.
    You're not forced to buy anything no matter what it costs. Free will and all that, you know? If they'd sell it for in-game currencies, they'd make vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    my biggest concern is that their good designs for new gear (and perhaps weapons) are ending up in the store as transmog items.

New tier16 shows this already. for most classes it looks absolutely crap
    So have previous tiers with no relation to a store.
    That alone does not mean a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You're not forced to buy anything no matter what it costs. Free will and all that, you know? If they'd sell it for in-game currencies, they'd make vendors.
    In-game vendors are easy.
    The in-game store is new, hence the testing.
    Does not exclude that possibility, though offering it sooner rather than later if that is the intent might help stave off some of the negative attention which does harm the reputation, even if its a load of rubbish being spewed out.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-01 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Many things in game are optional; raids, battle grounds, dungeons, collecting mounts, daily quests, collecting transmog gear; all optional. Blizzard had the option to add these helms as an in game reward thus increasing the value you and I, as customers, receive from the monthly fee instead they choose to charge extra from them why do you defend them for doing so? It is natural for a consumer to want more value for their money yet you are arguing that it is right for a business to charge extra for its services and that people that disagree with it are wrong, why?
    Its natural for people to want everything for free if they can get it. Its human nature, but its not how the real world works. If YOU.. YOU had the opportunity to make extra money for offering an extra, non-necessary thing or service, on top of the service / good you already provide, would you not do so?

Oh wait, i suppose to support your arguement you would say "OMG NO I WOULDNT, I WOULD JUST ADD IT ON THE SERVICE I ALREADY PROVIDE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR BUYING FROM ME!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    You buy an ice cream and they charge you $2.50, if you want it dipped in chocolate it's an extra $0.35 and to coat it with nuts it's an extra $0.25. You buy the ice cream plain, you can buy it with the extras or you can argue how you bought the ice cream so you are entitled to all the extras for free. Blizzard is a business, they are not your buddy or a charity, they want to make money.
    You aren't paying for the icecream. You're paying for the worker's work. You're paying for his salary. Everything he does on his work hours is paid for by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    "It's optional, but I feel that I must have it, so I just be able to get everything"
    What does this have to do with what I wrote? Being optional is irrelevant nothing in game is a necessity it is all optional. If Blizzard added the helms as an in game reward we are getting slightly better value for our money if they decide, as they have, to charge extra we are getting worse value as we now have to pay extra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    As always from the whining crowd, they spew their garbage about their own subjectivity and try to pass it off as facts...

You only think the tier 16 looks like crap, when in reality im sure there many others who think the opposite of you.