Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The XP elixir is fine. Mounts and pets are fine. Transmog gear is fine. Anything more than that is a big no.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The XP elixir is fine. Mounts and pets are fine. Transmog gear is fine. Anything more than that is a big no.
    In classic and burning crusade, every item the developers created was given to the players, in-game. That's what the sub fee was helping pay for. Now, that's no longer the case. They've basically said, "You need to pay for content that you were already paying for. The sub fee isn't enough anymore."

How is a store in a pay-to-play game even remotely tolerated? Never mind that they're putting game-play affecting items in the store, even with vanity items, it shouldn't be tolerated in a pay-to-play game.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-08-03 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Don't forgot charms

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asag View Post
    Don't forgot charms
    Who cares about lesser charms, it takes an hour at most to farm the 50 you need for the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Who cares about lesser charms, it takes an hour at most to farm the 50 you need for the quest.

Who cares if they are selling gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    it takes less than 10 minutes to do sethekk halls for the raven lord mount

2013 2nd quarter gaap WoW revenue was higher than 2012 2nd quarter WoW revenue.

So everything works as intended: fewer subscriptions but loyal fan base gets more chances to invest in their favorite hobby.

The rest really should stop posting about it as they are no longer fans, but quite frankly put haters...

Battlenet Coins is already a sign Blizzard will their shop over all their Battlenet games, upcoming free to play games included.

and thevfans will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    For a subscription based game? Everything.

Certain people are being too complacent, allowing Blizzard to do whatever they want. Its completely unacceptable for a sub based game to charge for premium content in the form of micro transactions.

Im completely thrown back by the fact that people are ok with this.
    Blizzard can do whatever the hell they damn please at the end of the day. They are going to do the in game shop to replace the lost income from subs. Business 101 and you don't know it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    Blizzard can do whatever the hell they damn please at the end of the day. They are going to do the in game shop to replace the lost income from subs. Business 101 and you don't know it :P
    It's not really business 101 at all. Business 101 would suggest improving your product to bring more people to it, and not try and squeeze out more profits form the ones you have. Cash shop is not a reliable source of money, it's a gamble however subscriptions are fairly reliable, which is what businesses want.

Deleted
    They will also lose other subscriptions because of the game-shop .
    Their business 101 is a just a bet they will sell enough helmets to compensate for the money they won't get from those subscriptions and expansions sold.

I am not sure that this is a good bussines plan .

Just compare what they offer versus what the conccurence offer .

[ Buy game+buy expansions+mothly fee+ microtranscations] versus Buy game or subscriptions or microtransactions

Their offer in this moment is just bad .

Deleted
    My beef with the ingame store is pure and simple:

Why in the world would I pay for stuff that would otherwise would've been put into the game for the same subscription fee I payed already anyways?

No this isn't extra stuff. transmogrifiable gear is already available from darkmoon faire. You can already collect mounts through all sorts of means in game same for pets,heirlooms are your xp buff and the coins can be collected through(for an extra roll at gear(seems to cut it pretty close to p2w to me). Suggesting to me that if we wouldn't have had a shop for it in the first place and they never would've tried it odds are this stuff would've been available to you ingame sooner or later without having to pay extra for it.

This shop to me is little more then a way for blizzard to milk their customers as much as possible and I for one am not gonna be a part of it.

As for bussiness 101. Don't piss off your customers. Business 101 and they don't even seem to know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you rent a car and then have to pay to use the radio or the AC it's kinda of a bullshit move.

Sure you can opt to not use AC or radio but you paid for the use of the car, you should be use the
    entire product if you paid for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    2013 2nd quarter gaap WoW revenue was higher than 2012 2nd quarter WoW revenue.

So everything works as intended: fewer subscriptions but loyal fan base gets more chances to invest in their favorite hobby.

The rest really should stop posting about it as they are no longer fans, but quite frankly put haters...

Battlenet Coins is already a sign Blizzard will their shop over all their Battlenet games, upcoming free to play games included.

and thevfans will love it.
    So, if you aren't willing to pay Blizzard whatever they want, you're a hater? Sounds like you're not talking about fans anymore - more like cultists.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can say they're only gonna offer optional items that isn't PTW in the in-game-store all they want. I believe currently, that's their intent. But it's here now (well, soon anyway). And I can promise you, within a year or so they'll start offering gear to buy. The box has been open.

I'm not all gloom and doom about it though. I mean, if that's what people wanna spend their money on cool. I do worry about what it'll do to the game. But all I can do is shrug at this point.

Q: Have you considered micro-transactions in WoW?

A: We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.

Q: But it might make it easier for the casuals to catch up....

A: They aren't going to be the ones spending the money.

Rob Pardo @ GDC 2008.

Deleted
    The store has made me look at f2P titles more. I'm thinking about LOTRO a lot more these days. Will be keeping an open mind but that doesn't mean it will be in Blizzard's favor when a sub has to be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    In classic and burning crusade, every item the developers created was given to the players, in-game. That's what the sub fee was helping pay for. Now, that's no longer the case. They've basically said, "You need to pay for content that you were already paying for. The sub fee isn't enough anymore."
    We've had cosmetic items like pets and mounts in the store for a very, very long time. Developer time was taken up making new mounts and pets. The ONLY difference now is that there are 3 new helms, cosmetic items, in the story and the amount of bellyaching (and frankly bad, ill reasoned arguments) has gone through the roof.

All of the bellowing, rage and attitude doesn't many any sense. Even if this is the purported slippery slope, there's little reason to complain, unless someone already has issues with Blizzard and need to latch onto the latest outrage.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    All of the bellowing, rage and attitude doesn't many any sense.
    It doesn't make sense for the fanboys.

For all the other customers it make all the sense in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    It doesn't make sense for the fanboys.
    Calling people fanboys does not bolster your argument.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    The ONLY difference now is that there are 3 new helms, cosmetic items, in the story and the amount of bellyaching (and frankly bad, ill reasoned arguments) has gone through the roof.
    Is called "Straw that broke the camel's back"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_t...camel%27s_back

But the fanboys can't understand , they are ready to enjoy forever all the sht in the world throwed at them , as long as is throwed by Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-08-03 at 01:03 PM.