Poll: Why do you kill Bosses?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I do it for the challenge, and for purple items. They are so shiny!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    A few of those reasons. Thus, didn't vote.
    Same. My reasons are not limited to only one of those so i held my vote. For me its the social aspect of teamwork required to accomplish something challenging and getting items as rewards. If the raid has a good backstory its makes it even more immersive which is always a bonus.

Can't vote cause you only allowed one option.

Challenge and loot for me.

I want to experience great boss battles, that's why I primarily play WoW in the first place, and my enjoyment of a boss fight comes partly from the challenge too, so I voted for that. Though I wish I could vote for the Lore option too, as that's a great aspect of fights like Lei Shen, Yogg-Saron and such.

The only reason I even care about gear is so I can advance to the next raid and try and experience that too, so I usually end up stopping whenever I feel like it with the end-raid of an expansion, hence part of my hatred towards ICC.

Deleted
    Challange, Social aspect of doing something togheter with friends and overcoming the challange like a team. Great boss battles, for loot, for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge. The loot is important too though because you need to prepare yourself for the next challenge the best you can. And I like a good story to accompany the killing too, of course, together with some fancy mounts to loot or earn by completing achievements and such. And one mustn't forget that it adds an ample amount of fun if you get to raid with at least a few people that you like spending your time with.

I have stopped now, but I used to raid mainly for the social aspect. I quit raiding because of the challenge and the lore.

Because they try to kill me!
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

WTB multiple options poll...

Lore, challenge, social aspect, loot AND transmog!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't vote the options didn't really cover my personal reasons. I kill bosses to collect loot, help my guild mates collect loot, get a chance at mounts, and mostly to become more powerful.

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Nah, mostly because it's fun (well, dungeon bosses are fun. Maybe raid bosses will be fun once I get my healer geared up) and I like getting the occasional upgrade.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

I voted for social aspects while it is a mix between challenge and social. I really like group based content that is engaging and requires teamwork. Cut out the last two and it is just a mindless cluster fuck of who gives a shit and might as well just make this a solo scenario.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the challenge first and foremost.

Especially when you get into heroics. Altering strategies for your group, coming up with ideas, finally overcoming that massive brick wall. It feels great.

Although, once it becomes farmable, thats where me trying to out do everyone else in my guild (and others) comes into it. Pushing every last boundary to get that bit of DPS in. Back in WotLK and Cataclysm I came accustomed to ranking on WoL, my best was a 26th ranking. So far this expansion Ive been a bit behind and only just now caught up and got my first ranking last week (although nowhere as good). Im excited to keep going and keep bettering myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be tickboxes not radiobubbles, yo.

For a lot of reasons: I enjoy the challenge, it's something really fun to do together with my friends (together as opposed to simultaneously-but-separately), and it's a means of character progression (both in terms of actual raid progression and in terms of epics) which is an important component in MMOs.

I care about the lore and story, but I don't raid for those reasons. I just think having a good story makes the raid that much more compelling.

I don't raid for vanity/transmog/fun items, but they are a nice perk.

The meters are relevant for striving to do the best I can (well, when I play DPS) while raiding but they are zero percent motivation for entering the instance in the first place.

I have plenty of other things I could be doing, so it's definitely not about boredom.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |