15+ Year Old Account

Which DPS spec is better with 473 ilvl?

So, I have some LFR gear and a LFR 1h axe off elegon, but a 463 1h OH.

I also have 2 463 2h's.

So, with these specs in mind, which spec dishes out more DPS at my gear level? I'm really trying to enjoy my warrior right now, but I just cannot seem to perform very well at all. I usually can't top 60k dps and that's just sad, but I see other warriors with much better gear throwing out 150k+. So it's a little frustrating. I'm a casual player now and it really saddens me that my performance on my warrior is so bad right now, considering I've raided with him for the last 7 years as fury TG and performed above and beyond my fellow raiders. With MoP, I just can't seem to make good use of him for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    70k in like 470 is fine

stat inflation in this expansion is retarded

once you get a decent weapon/crit rating you'll be doing 90-100k+ in no time

should probably play arms at lower item levels because it's damage will be more consistent than fury's, but if you are an experienced fury warrior should be able to make fury work for you unless you just get a really terrible string of unlucky bt hits.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2013-08-01 at 08:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't seem to keep consistent DPS with either specs. One attempt on the dummy I'll have great luck and do 60k, and then the next 5 runs I crit like once every 10 minutes. It's absolutely frustrating.

I also seem to be extremely rage starved on both specs on dummies despite being in battle stance for both. It doesn't make sense to me. I meet all the required caps from noxxic.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I'd just go Arms until you get mostly ToT LFR and SPA valor gear, then switch back to Fury. More mind-numbing rotation but you aren't praying for good BT crits.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arms. Not much to add there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys.

Deleted
    how can you get ragestarved as fury when your whole ''rotation'' is to pool max rage for every 20 sec, everything else is semi non important aslong as you dont cap on rage (make sure you're using the unending rage glyph) /waste rgbs D:, fury is easily playable even with 15% crit, although 22%+ crit makes for a much more enjoyable experience

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is "easily playable" but you wont be able to maintaine a stable amount of dps. Your goal is not only to pool 120 rage for every CS but also to go into a CS-timeframe with two RBs. And that will be impossible for every CS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt worry about target dummy dps too much

you're going to do more damage on a dragon than you're gonna do on a dummy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    how can you get ragestarved as fury when your whole ''rotation'' is to pool max rage for every 20 sec
    I'm honestly not even sure what that statement is supposed to mean. Fury "rotation" is a priority system that USES rage, and gains rage from one single attack, and auto swings. Your statement makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I'm honestly not even sure what that statement is supposed to mean. Fury "rotation" is a priority system that USES rage, and gains rage from one single attack, and auto swings. Your statement makes no sense.
    It actually does. Your goal is to use Collossus Smash on CD with as close to 120 rage as possible, being enraged and having at least 1 Raging Blow proc, then just unload all into that 6s CS debuff. Constantly trying to keep your rage low will inevitably lead to lower DPS. Fury is all about that short burst window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Sure it is "easily playable" but you wont be able to maintaine a stable amount of dps. Your goal is not only to pool 120 rage for every CS but also to go into a CS-timeframe with two RBs. And that will be impossible for every CS.
    Well, technically you want to enter the BT before the CS with 1 RB charge, but close enough.

I think it's okay for him to enter with 2 stacks since his colossus crit rate will be very low. But he would be waiting for bluemoon to enter cs with 2 stacks of rb, with that low gear

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I've raided with him for the last 7 years as fury TG.
    Now that's impressive!

Like the others said though, Fury dps is fine even at low gear levels, but it will feel very clunky due to the low crit, lack of Enrage uptime and Raging Blows. Arms may be better suited for you just because the rotation will feel smoother.

To briefly explain the fury rotation since you seem confused.
    The goal of Fury dps is to spend as little rage as possible OUTSIDE of the CS debuff, instead saving your rage and spending it all in one big 6 second dump during the debuff.
    An ideal rotation at higher gear levels is to BT (proc Enrage) -> CS (puts up debuff); and then fit 3 RB's, 1 BT and 3-4 Heroic Strikes in that 6 seconds.
    At low gear levels you wont see 3 RBs, instead you will be using more Wild Strikes inside the CS window, which requires even more rage to be pooled.
    For more information, read the stickied Fury guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye fury isn't "BAD" at lower levels, it's just far more RNG, and can be quite frustrating to play.

As a low ilvl war, 502, and after a lot of practice (maybe not enough or I'm just bad at fury) ; I switched to arms yesterday.
    The elusive best rotation was too much of a rarity for me to reach "good" DPS.
    As stated above, more often than not, I was stuck with 3 WS in my CS window.

I certainly will give it another try with better gear (just the 2pc bonus would help a lot I guess) but meanwhile single 2H ; and I'm sad cause I love the fury playstyle.