Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RIP Haste >Crit. Haste scaling removed from RPPM proc chance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...77?page=13#256

I was fun while it lasted!

Edit - to be clear its just affecting procs like agility trinkets where it double dips from haste. Doesn't affect meta gem or t15 set bonuses.
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-08-01 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    I never liked the scaling with haste thing anyways.

But for Hunters, it seems like our Legendary Meta Gem, 2pc T15, and 4pc T15 will be unaffected (but don't take my word on that).

Won't Haste still be the best stat for BM? Even without Haste affecting RPPM.

I liked going Haste > Crit... it was something different. It's been pretty much the same for us for 2 expansions now lol.

Edit: But yeah... doesn't look like hunters will be effected with tier 15 stuff. None of the new trinkets are RPPM though are they?

Sounds fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    I liked going Haste > Crit... it was something different. It's been pretty much the same for us for 2 expansions now lol.

Edit: But yeah... doesn't look like hunters will be effected with tier 15 stuff. None of the new trinkets are RPPM though are they?
    The new trinket that is the reverse of Soul charm is RPPM on the ptr atm. But the Reduction Trinket is ICD. Mastery proc is ICD last i checked. Not sure on the other 2 thou : /

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    Won't Haste still be the best stat for BM? Even without Haste affecting RPPM.
    I kinda doubt it. Especially once we no longer have the T15 set bonuses and the only RPPM affected by haste is the meta and cloak. At best it could be haste=crit, but not even close for Survival. And if you ever switch specs it will make sense for crit reforging.

I kinda doubt it. Especially once we no longer have the T15 set bonuses and the only RPPM affected by haste is the meta and cloak. At best it could be haste=crit, but not even close for Survival. And if you ever switch specs it will make sense for crit reforging.
    True. But i recall in T14 that BM Haste and Crit were almost equal. Can't say for sure thou. But i do remember them being extremely close.

You misread it. Haste scaling isn't removed from RPPM proc chance. It was double-dipping, now they are only wanting it to dip once. So they are altering it and compensating. You'll still want haste for certain RPPM trinkets based on their effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You misread it. Haste scaling isn't removed from RPPM proc chance. It was double-dipping, now they are only wanting it to dip once. So they are altering it and compensating. You'll still want haste for certain RPPM trinkets based on their effects.
    I sounds like agility proc RPPM trinkets are affected though, which was a huge part of going haste>crit. The reason it's so good now is cause most people are sporting 5 RPPM procs affected by haste including the double dippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Haste scaling isn't removed from RPPM proc chance.
    yes it is, can you not read?

15+ Year Old Account
    I love any thread that throws out the absolute "RIP" on a subject regardless of how the change actually works. +1.

I wish they would just stop messing about with items and fix core gameplay issues like hunter scaling.
    How many expansions are we going to go through the same cycle ... Expac launch hunters are too strong, get nerfed to lower middle of pack, by expac end hunters are at the bottom because they put raw numbers on our skills instead of scaling numbers.

I still love how Armor Penetration was removed because it was too mathy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Haste will still be good for all 3 specs, I personally will balance them both.
    Hold on... we have 3 specs?

So there's something I don't get here.

Afaik the reason scaling with haste happened was because more hits in a shorter span of time = higher chance for a proc to happen. How can this be modified? Or is there something else happening?

Also, I'm assuming pure haste effects will still continue to increase the chance of them happening again because of the nature of the proc itself.

I'll be honest here. I didn't even consider the double-dipping effect when I went Haste for all of my RPPM gear. At the time, I went haste to increase my chances of proc'ing those items and set bonuses.
    While this change will cause some adjustments, I'm not sure it will automatically put crit>haste again. Possibly crit=haste as was stated earlier.
    We'll need the Theorycrafters to pull out their calculators and start working!

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    So there's something I don't get here.

Afaik the reason scaling with haste happened was because more hits in a shorter span of time = higher chance for a proc to happen. How can this be modified? Or is there something else happening?

Also, I'm assuming pure haste effects will still continue to increase the chance of them happening again because of the nature of the proc itself.
    Haste actually increases the RPPM. Every time it calculates the chance to proc, your haste is a modifier. Assuming you had 25% haste...

Base RPPM * 1.25 * time since last chance to proc (in sec) / 60 = chance to proc on that attack.

This is the part being removed from the trinkets that proc agility, I.e. bad juju
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-08-02 at 01:43 AM.

Haste actually increases the RPPM. Every time it calculates the chance to proc, your haste is a modifier. Assuming you had 25% haste...

Base RPPM * 1.25 * time since last chance to proc (in sec) / 60 = chance to proc on that attack.

This is the part being removed from the trinkets that proc agility, I.e. bad juju
    Oh so it was a part of the proc chance equation itself. THAT's why haste was so powerful for all classes, okay.

And don't remind me of that trink, 3 months of killing council and no gnome army =_=

With these changes crit will outdo haste again... but haste triumphs mastery still