Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If you account for guys pretending to be girls then it's around zero point zero % of the WoW population.

I don't think I could even recall how many women there were and are in my guild.

We were even in a national newspaper, an article about women in gaming. Also, my girlfriend is from the guild, I met many of the women from the guild too. So, yes. There are women. a lot of them. They are all hot, too, in my experience. EU.

Deleted
    I got 4 girls in my 25 man

10+ Year Old Account
    As i said before, we are 8 in our 25m group
    1 shamy resto (me)
    1 druid resto
    1 priest holy
    1 mage
    1 ele shamy
    1 dk dps
    2 hunter

I use to be in another guild where we were 4 in our 10m, and one of them was the main tank, which seems to be rare

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Considering the sort of attitudes that female players have to contend with, then I would not be surprised if a number of perfectly good players were driven away because of arrogance and outdated attitudes which were derived from a means of asserting dominance physically because you could not convince someone by other means.
    If someone can do their job, who cares where their organs are located.

Honestly, I've been playing since 2006, and I've never encountered this supposedly rampant sexual harassment.

Maybe because I don't make a big deal about being female. I don't expect special treatment. I expect to be judged on my skills and contributions alone. Most girls I've known in game who have complained about alleged harassment have expected to have privileges handed to them because they're a girl and have therefore made sure everyone they ever encounter in game knows they're female, so bow peasant. Incredibly annoying. Apart from two girls I know outside of the game who I'm friends with on Real ID, I prefer to play with males for this reason.

Weirdly enough my boyfriend, playing his female toons, has actually gotten sexual whispers from randoms. Pretty funny. Still I don't think there is actually anything wrong with that, not being a prude. Shrug it off, really. If it bothers you /ignore, problem solved... but really, it's worthy of a giggle and nothing more...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get threads like this. Why the hell does it matter what sex someone is?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I don't get threads like this. Why the hell does it matter what sex someone is?
    Because videogames Used to be more male friendly, and some people want to see the evolution of the female gender in this particular domain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    I've noticed there are many more female players on RP realms. Maybe because the atmosphere is perceived to be slightly more mature there? Dunno.
    Or maybe they're just roleplaying being female.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty. I've been in 2 guilds run by women (one was even a soldier *gasp*) and at least 1/4 to 1/3 of every raid group I've been in were women.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

about 10-20% of the player base is women last I checked the polls.

I know this:
    1.) more than one might think. I'd even estimate 20%
    2.) they often play male characters (but a lot of guys also play females, so there's probably no real difference)
    3.) even in high progress guilds, there are a few
    And I guess this:
    4.) most of them tend to stay in the background to avoid being molested

We´ve got 3 in our Guild including myself, but they 2 are Healer. Got before more Female Player and they Play aaaaalllll just Healer

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Because videogames Used to be more male friendly, and some people want to see the evolution of the female gender in this particular domain.
    Videogames are still pretty much male friendly. I think the term you're looking for is male-dominated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a woman, and I've played since BC. There are two other women in my guild as well, however, we all play female toons!

Apparently, the words, 'because I have boobs,' is an amazing argument winner (when said by one of us ladies)

Video games used to be a male domain, but probably just because it was seen as nerdy and also user interfaces were complicated and graphics were bad.
    Now, we have beautiful games with smooth controls and gaming is mainstream. So that probably attracts quite a few women as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    I know this:
    1.) more than one might think. I'd even estimate 20%
    2.) they often play male characters (but a lot of guys also play females, so there's probably no real difference)
    3.) even in high progress guilds, there are a few
    And I guess this:
    4.) most of them tend to stay in the background to avoid being molested
    Or made fun of. I have the unfortunate reality of having a higher pitch of voice that often goes through vents as squeaky and gnomish, and had on dozens of occasions been verbally tormented for it. In fact, it took me three months for me to be comfortable enough in my current guild to finally gear up the courage to speak in vents. We have since switched to Teamspeak 3, which has much better voice quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Videogames are still pretty much male friendly. I think the term you're looking for is male-dominated.
    yeh maybe, still learning english so some term i dont know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    about 10-20% of the player base is women last I checked the polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    Statistics show 38% of wow players are Female
    Now, which one is it? Can you guys make up your minds?

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role Playing
    GIRL = Guy In Real Life

Someone had to post it.... lol

Truth? I know a lot of females, and when I look at my real life connection. It's for me in fact more females playing WoW than guys.
    I am sure that's anecdotal and not likely representative. I know of 7 people playing the game, and 5 of them are females. Three of them in my family.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I don't really ask if someone is a he or a she while playing the game, because frankly I couldn't care less. Met quite a lot of female players through the years though, some being very eager at waving the "I'm a girl X3" banner. Whatever floats their boats I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol.. This thread is probably not going to end well.
    Not that many females play WoW.
    You would be surprised, both my current GF, my 2 ex GF's, 7 women I work with, 8 close female friends play WoW, and I think we counted 37 actual women in our 170 person guild.

there are far far more Female gamers than people realise.