Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah a couple of female players ive met have played male characters to avoid either ERHMERGERD ITS A GURL or they just like the models of the male classes. It's just like dudes playing female characters, you play what animation/look you like best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, who cares. As long as they don't stand in the fire I don't care what gender you are.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Ugh...ladies...have some decency.
    ''Free loot'' What? I've seen it happen multiple times LOL or guilds simply shatter into little pieces aka Deus Vox ( May they R.I.P )

Coming from Wyrmrest Accord, I'm actually going to say on active RP servers, the population is anywhere between 50-60% women. I'm not joking. Many male characters are women and at least half of the female characters are also women. My old guild, which had over 100 unique members was at least 80%-90% women (myself included.). I usually play male characters, since I have a distaste for huge, gravity-defying mega boobs and I find the male models more aesthetically pleasing. It looks like Blizzard spends more time designing the male and when it comes to the female it's "Make it skinny, sexy and put boobs on it".

Most guilds I've been in over the past few years on Wyrmrest Accord are at least 50-70% women. Even leveling guilds and raiding guilds have a high population of female players. It's not exclusively RP guilds, just so you know. The only time I've come in contact with a guild that had no women was late Cata, and they were a bunch of old 30-40+ year old men who thought women didn't deserve to raid and RP was for 'homosexual fagtards'. Needless to say, most of the server hated them, even the other raiders.

Another funny thing, you can usually tell if a man is playing a female character on WRA because of how their MRP description is worded. If it says "Lesbian with perky tits and a rocking ass", you know it's a man.

More than you think! Considerably less than guys clearly, but originally I was thinking 2-3%, I'm leaning towards something like 20%~ now.

Deleted
    10-15% seems like good numbers. I've had a girl in almost every raid team I've been to (EXCLUDING my sister, who has been in my raid teams since WotLK) and my current one has 3 (12 people in our 10man raid team) girls in it.

8 out of 60 people on my friends list (Real ID that is) are female.

mmorpg historically stood for mainly men online role playing girls. However, my small social guild is mainly female players. I do tend to think all players are male until I know different, and the more they dress like lap dancers, the nearer to 13 the boy player is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    You are soooo freaking wrong in so many ways.....I am a 55 year old Grandma that beats the pants off any horde that comes near me flagged put that in your pipe and smoke it...how does it feel horde to be beat by a Grandma in battle grounds...hahaha been playing since TBC too.....
    It is the same situation when a little female gnome warrior or rogue kills a tauren warrior or paladin in a bg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I've met loads of women in WoW, ironically (or not) playing on an RP server. It's really not that rare to meet female players anymore, if it ever really was.
    I knew two girls from school that play WoW and their favorite thing to do is RP, and one of them plays as male characters usually. And I'm male and play as female characters usually lol.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

3 people in my core 10 man group are female. Not exactly the norm though.

this thread turns out far better than I feared it would

kind of reassured of my own numbers now

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Wife played. My Friend played. And I KNOW we had at LEAST 7 Ladies in our small Guild

Deleted
    Half of my real ID are female. And 80% are hot! shocking, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    Statistics show 38% of wow players are Female
    Source? My guess would be 10%

The number could also be high because of underage kids using their mom's credit card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol.. This thread is probably not going to end well.
    Not that many females play WoW.
    You would probably be surprised. Back in vanilla, in an old guild of mine, they're was maybe 50 odd regular raiders
    15 of us were female, girlfriends or wives of male members.
    every guild I've ever been in, there's always been a fair few chicks
    There's also "I'm a girl and I play wow" group on Facebook with 1600 members in, and it's a quiet group

As for playing female toons, who knows. I know alot of chicks that hide behind male toons and don't speak to avoid unwanted attention

My guess would be between 20-30% of playerbase as female

I'd say quite a few players are female. A good portion of my guild is female, myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alot, you won't be getting any real numbers, that's close to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    Statistics show 38% of wow players are Female
    Claiming fact without a source?

The girls always flock to these threads to state that they are girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what rubs me the wrong way more - the chicks who like to remind everyone they are female every five seconds for attention or the guys who act like women are some kind of elusive mythical creature. Actually, it's probably the combination of both: the guys who think that the few women in the game ARE the ones who like to remind everyone they are female every five seconds for attention.

There are probably a significant number of women, maybe even the majority, who you might not know are female unless you know them well. They don't announce it constantly because they want to be treated like anyone else in the game without the extra (positive or negative) attention. Your odds of being kept in the dark about a player's gender significant increases the more of an issue you make of it, and you're probably far more likely to attract the kinds of players (actual women and men pretending) who will exploit your wide-eyed wonder at the female gender by demanding advantages.

Women may be under represented in some video game genres, but they're not in WoW. A lot of women play WoW. This has been suggested repeatedly by stuff like the Daedalus Project or PARC Play-On studies, and there's certainly a ton of anecdotal experience found all over the web including this thread. If you haven't encountered many women in the game, maybe it is because you give off a vibe of being overly creepy or misogynistic or otherwise weird about gender issues, and they've made a point to avoid telling you so they don't have to deal with shit like you cooing for them talk on vent or demanding they make you a sandwich or whatever.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |