Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Nova new patch notes??

"Holy Nova no longer heals all targets, now heals 5. Healing reduced by 80%, but healing is no longer divided between all targets."

first off, it doesn't heal all targets now on live. So what do they mean? 80% healing reduction? lol get real, that spell will do 1% healing at best if you are crazy enough to use it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does any spec even use this glyph ?
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    "Holy Nova no longer heals all targets, now heals 5. Healing reduced by 80%, but healing is no longer divided between all targets."

first off, it doesn't heal all targets now on live. So what do they mean? 80% healing reduction? lol get real, that spell will do 1% healing at best if you are crazy enough to use it.
    I don't get it, It already has a 5 cap on live and only divided it's healing when there was more then 5 people getting hit by it.

So in the end they nerfed it by 80%. Meaning they took a completely useless glyph nobody took and nerfed it so nobody will take it. What is this I don't even... 80% nerf... that's almost all it's healing gone and it had low healing to begin with.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-02 at 03:10 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post

The previous ptr build had allowed it to heal all possible targets in range, instead of the 5 on live. That change was reverted. There is a reason this is a glyph and not a baseline ability nowadays. Using it is either a self troll or for funsies. It really only has the purpose of doing aoe damage on the run with some very minor healing tossed in as an extra.

That's actually not a nerf, unless you were in a group of less than five.

Before: 100%/number of targets. So in a group of 5, 20% per target. In a large group, that would end up diluted to uselessness.

After: 20% per person, for up to 5 people.

I have used it before while leveling, because mind sear comes so late and it's the only AoE available save multidotting before then, but its heal is so weak that it's really not worth using....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or to AoE a flag to prevent capture in BGs while also doing some healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Or to AoE a flag to prevent capture in BGs while also doing some healing.
    It's already poor healing, mind sear would produce the same results except more damage and zero healing (even though holy nova is basically zero healing to begin with) and doesn't cost a glyph slot...

Why was it turned into a glyph? Oh yea so we couldn't pop stealthys

It's not even a smart heal, it ends up being overhealing.....

10+ Year Old Account
    It could heal 25 people for 1 and I would be happy... At least then it would be useful for disc in stacked situations.
    Last edited by Whicker; 2013-08-02 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    That's actually not a nerf, unless you were in a group of less than five.

Before: 100%/number of targets. So in a group of 5, 20% per target. In a large group, that would end up diluted to uselessness.

After: 20% per person, for up to 5 people.

I have used it before while leveling, because mind sear comes so late and it's the only AoE available save multidotting before then, but its heal is so weak that it's really not worth using....
    It is a huge nerf compared to what it is on life.
    Yes it is no change if you are standing next to 4 other people or more, but if there are less then it is a nerf of 20% per person less than 4 next to you.
    If you are alone it is a straight 80% nerf.

Instead of dividing the heal between up to 5 people it is now always divided by 5 even if there are no people to recieve some of those up to 5 parts.

I'm glad the spell at least stays around as place holder, but really if it hit everybody and either refreshed DA (even if only with a chance equal to your crit chance) or turned all DA on the targets into instant direct heals it would be more useful.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2013-08-02 at 08:38 AM.

Nerfing both the target cap and the healing done wasn't really necessary, could have put a dr cap instead to offset the previous build that allowed you to do 600k hps in the press of a button with 0 cd on a super stacked raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I'm glad the spell at least stays around as place holder, but really if it hit everybody and either refreshed DA (even if only with a chance equal to your crit chance) or turned all DA on the targets into instant direct heals it would be more useful.
    Right there with you, was just about to post about Holy Nova refreshing DA, but even that revert absorb back to heal sounds rather interesting.

It was useless before, the nerf was not needed it's even more useless now with the huge nerf then before no-one will bother taking it, as others have said i used it while leveling up because it's not worth wasting a glyph for such a poor spell.

Being the absorb healer should not be about being abel to block all others from healing anything at all but rather about being more versatile with them.
    We can turn our heals into absorbs but not the other way around yet. I envision some time when they solve the absorb problem the way they did solve the very same problem they had with block vaule - by limiting the percentage absorbs can take of each hit leaving the rest for later ones (we already have examples where that limit is 0%), a way to convert the remaining absorb value into direct healing (or even a fast hot) would be really interesting. That concept would allow for mor absorbs before problems and inbalances between specs like increased EH and "sniping"/"blocking" of other heal specs would become too much of an issue.

..And this is what happens when people freak out about the PTR.... Just wait for it to go live, or be a tester who plays on the PTR from start to finish. If anything just don't freak out on random patch notes. It is like seeing a Pizza 1/2 cooked in the oven and freaking out you can't eat it. Yeah people will just look at ya funny and face-palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    ..And this is what happens when people freak out about the PTR.... Just wait for it to go live, or be a tester who plays on the PTR from start to finish. If anything just don't freak out on random patch notes. It is like seeing a Pizza 1/2 cooked in the oven and freaking out you can't eat it. Yeah people will just look at ya funny and face-palm.
    Unfortunately, as has been proven by mages and locks, the squeeky wheel gets the grease. We need to start freaking out a bit more to ensure we are heard. Taking this, sit back and see what happens approach to our class has not worked out this xpac at all. They have consistently ignored the priest community's concerns. Random patch notes also are not random. It's a change they have made, and if no one says anything it will be a change that will stay. They will assume priests are fine with it unless you say something.

So it's more like looking in the oven at the 1/2 cooked Pizza and going, oh crap, this has sardines on it??? I do not want sardines. So you can either ask they remove the sardines and replace it with delicious bacon, or you can say, well, maybe they will change the sardines on their own before its done cooking if I just don't say anything and be quiet about this because I never wanted sardines on my pizza.

Stop accepting sardines people! Seriously, there is nothing wrong with questioning their changes to our class. We pay to enjoy this game, not eat Holy Sardine Nova's and PVP nerf soup.

It's totally ridiculous. Look at the amount of changes other classes are getting throughout the entire expansion. Priests get bandaid's and pvp nerfs without caring how it affects PVE and vice versa.

Please be more vocal on the forums and on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    It is a little late for freaking out about Holy nova, this spell has been almost completely useless for a long time now. The only time I thought it might be helpful is Heroic Duru on the maze phase and even then it doesn't heal the low target so it ends up in over healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    Unfortunately, as has been proven by mages and locks, the squeeky wheel gets the grease. We need to start freaking out a bit more to ensure we are heard. Taking this, sit back and see what happens approach to our class has not worked out this xpac at all. They have consistently ignored the priest community's concerns. Random patch notes also are not random. It's a change they have made, and if no one says anything it will be a change that will stay. They will assume priests are fine with it unless you say something.

So it's more like looking in the oven at the 1/2 cooked Pizza and going, oh crap, this has sardines on it??? I do not want sardines. So you can either ask they remove the sardines and replace it with delicious bacon, or you can say, well, maybe they will change the sardines on their own before its done cooking if I just don't say anything and be quiet about this because I never wanted sardines on my pizza.

Stop accepting sardines people! Seriously, there is nothing wrong with questioning their changes to our class. We pay to enjoy this game, not eat Holy Sardine Nova's and PVP nerf soup.

It's totally ridiculous. Look at the amount of changes other classes are getting throughout the entire expansion. Priests get bandaid's and pvp nerfs without caring how it affects PVE and vice versa.

I'm just waiting till 25m testing starts so I have actual numbers to show them. They rarely do anything unless you have concrete data to back up your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post

Devs have already said they don't read MMO Champion. They do read the Spec forums IE the Healing, Tanking, DPS forums on the WoW website ONLY. So yes freaking out on this site does you no good. And the patch has a good month left and can change a lot before it goes live. And from playing the game since launch I have seen them do what they want 9 times out of 10 regardless of what forums say. And seriously, Holy Nova? Who uses this except when ya fat finger it or on trash for funzies?
    Last edited by Fraeblood; 2013-08-02 at 09:05 PM.

1 min CD

You infuse the target with a charge of Holy nova. This charge will pulse with light every 2 seconds healing nearby targets for 20,000. The effects last for 15 seconds or until the Holy Nova has healed for 300,000 in 10m or 700,000 in 25m. The effects will only heal 5 of the lowest targets at a time.