Prot Damage on Heroic Lei Shen

My raid team, like so many before us, are having trouble with Lei Shen's phase 3 on heroic. We're a 10 man guild, and run a Prot Warrior and a Prot Pally as tanks. Now, I've seen some other guild's tanks do ridiculous damage on Lei Shen (another on our realm has a DK/Pally doing ridiculous damage), so I'm wondering what the two of us can do to raise our damage to those significant levels.

Here's my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/Edeese/

Thanks!

Couple things I noticed on one of recent parses.

You used Bloodbath 4 times, Berserker Rage 3 times, and Shattering Throw 1 time in a 10 minute fight.

Ultimatum proced 21 times, but you used Heroic Strike only 16 times and no Cleaves.

You have a Shaman (who has Stormlash damage) but you don't have any. Not sure what that is about... Were you dead when he dropped it?

Won't show up in the logs but are using Skull Banner on cooldown?

Out of time at the moment, but I may take another look later. Good luck!

I use Bloodbath pretty much on CD, not sure what that's about. Berserker Rage less so, but Shattering I use once at the beginning of the fight, and once at the start of phase 3 and yes, I use Skull Banner (decently) on CD, at the beginning of Phase 1, 2, and 3. The reason I say decently is because it's up at the end of phase 2, but I want to save it for P3, since we lust there.

Just a quick look at your armory: Exp and hit look fine but change your meta. You can easily survive everything without the tank meta and the DPS meta adds 10% DPS easily

Deleted
    Looks like your tactic for p3 is off and nobody really knows what he's doing. Vargol is at 100k dps during bloodlust phase (and that's not in a sole but several try) and Dtain only had about 150k while your actual tank should destroy the ball lightnings especially with your lineup (alternating mass grip + vortex).

optimisation:
    - as a tank you should also use dps potions, you didn't eat one the entire nights of heroic endboss progression WTF. And this is even true for both of you tanks???
    - stop using second wind and think of when you'll need the heal of ER
    - drop your stamina gems for something that helps you with damage mitigation (ie: mastery) and pick up the dps meta instead. Running with 950k in 10M is hilarious. This also helps with enrage uptime and rage gains.
    - Get rid of Ji Kun trinket, it's that bad (+bugged)
    - uhm, yeah i'm no warlock expert but Vargol should l2execute, there's something totally off when he's at 50% of the rest of your dps team

I'm not that much higher in p3, maybe around 110-120k w/o the meta, just make sure that the ball lightnings die quickly and are controlled properly, taunt at the right times and that's it. Tank damage to the boss shouldn't matter all that much there (but shattering + placing banner at the start of a burn phase should be a nobrainer).

And don't forget that Dtain misses on 15%+ of his potential damage from slacking on the legendary questline if you want to compare him to others on your realm.

Ps: link to the logs = http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/53589/calendar/07-13/
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-01 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Hello fellow warrior,

You are kinda bad, runing 10man with stamina with this ilevel, go for pure mastery, learn to mitigate properly and your damage will go up.
    Drop both trinkets and get mastery ones, from vendor and cauncils, drop 4p bonus and get decent items with stats like mastery and w/e helm and shoulders are best for 2p.
    With that ilevel you can even drop enchant with stamina and stuff, and go for mastery stats and so on.

With decent gear choice you should be mastery capped and have crit from 10% to 15% self buffed. stop relying on big hp pool to smoth all you mistakes and make best of your class.
    interve another tank for vengeance while not tanking, use shield block while tanking as baseline ability but dont over-use it.

Gl with your progress.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your advice on increasing my dps. Since talking to you guys, I did go ahead and change my meta and am using the Ji-kun dps trinket on Lei Shen. I also switched to mastery, despite my GM complaining that I did more damage (not true) and didn't die as quickly (debatable) having stam.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    optimisation:
    - as a tank you should also use dps potions, you didn't eat one the entire nights of heroic endboss progression WTF. And this is even true for both of you tanks???
    I did start using dps potions, so that's good. I never really considered it an option, dps was never a problem for our group before.

- Get rid of Ji Kun trinket, it's that bad (+bugged)
    Is there any information on why you think this is bugged? I always found it to be useful.

And don't forget that Dtain misses on 15%+ of his potential damage from slacking on the legendary questline if you want to compare him to others on your realm.
    Dtain recently started playing again, just got the meta this week actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Sankaba View Post
    Hello fellow warrior,

You are kinda bad, runing 10man with stamina with this ilevel, go for pure mastery, learn to mitigate properly and your damage will go up.
    Drop both trinkets and get mastery ones, from vendor and cauncils, drop 4p bonus and get decent items with stats like mastery and w/e helm and shoulders are best for 2p.
    With that ilevel you can even drop enchant with stamina and stuff, and go for mastery stats and so on.

With decent gear choice you should be mastery capped and have crit from 10% to 15% self buffed. stop relying on big hp pool to smoth all you mistakes and make best of your class.
    interve another tank for vengeance while not tanking, use shield block while tanking as baseline ability but dont over-use it.

Gl with your progress.
    I'm just gonna respond to this real quick.. Your tone and attitude towards me asking for a bit of help is uncalled for. See the guy above you? He posted basically the same thing that you did without being an asshole. I do appreciate your suggestion to intervene though, never thought of doing that before. Thanks.

Your GM is an idiot if he thinks you should stack stam in 10 man.

The Ji-Kun trinket's proc is bugged. It doesn't work. It has been well documented. It is literally a statstick.

Listen, the Paladin's damage is going to shit on yours. You should think about taking one for the team and only taunting for debuffs in P1 and P2. When you have the decap debuff intervene can give you up to 300k vengeance until the crashing thunder or thunderstruck hit you.

Why are you not using berserker rage? If you are not using ER then you can macro BR into all your abilities and get the max rage from BR.

The Ji-Kun trinket works, because I can see it working as I type this..or are you referring to it's proc time? Sorry, I guess I don't fully understand what you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Why are you not using berserker rage? If you are not using ER then you can macro BR into all your abilities and get the max rage from BR.
    I am using berserker rage, pretty much on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by edeesis View Post
    I am using berserker rage, pretty much on CD.
    In some 8min tries, you're only using it twice. In other 9 min tries you're using it 6 times but that just shows that you are using it but not even close to your claim

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edeesis View Post
    I did start using dps potions, so that's good. I never really considered it an option, dps was never a problem for our group before.
    I don't understand that, tank dps matters for a rather long time (3 years?+-).

Quote Originally Posted by CamelLogic View Post
    The Ji-Kun trinket works, because I can see it working as I type this..or are you referring to it's proc time? Sorry, I guess I don't fully understand what you guys are talking about.
    The heal occurs, it's seeable via logs etc. But the healed amount disappears into nirvana milliseconds afterwards. Else it would be a decent choice, but never in combination with second wind. Second wind is only attractive due to being passive and when you drop down below the 35% treshhold for a reasonable amount of time. And Ji-Kuns trinket should help you leaving that area under regular conditions every single time with it's short cooldown.

You can find a sample over there: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21593747 but as Gliff pointed out it's already documented in the orginal forums bug section as well.