Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard makes highly polished games still. Very well made, good engines, well tested, etc.

Their games have become increasingly generic, homoginzed, simplified, streamlined, and watered down as they have become larger and larger.

They don't make games for gamers anymore, they make games for anyone and everyone who has $60

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Blizzard makes highly polished games still. Very well made, good engines, well tested, etc.

Their games have become increasingly generic, homoginzed, simplified, streamlined, and watered down as they have become larger and larger.

They don't make games for gamers anymore, they make games for anyone and everyone who has $60
    Starcraft 2 is still pretty hardcore, and has a steep learning curve to master. It's simplified and streamlined compared to Brood War, but definitely not watered down or generic.

Blizzard's crown is multiplayer games. The fact that so many people play their games worldwide is inarguable proof of some quality games. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of their design choices though, and the Blizzard store coming to World of Warcraft soon.

"Well tested" lol. No seriously, that's almost made me choke on my soda from laughing.

Id say their model, especially in the past 3 or so years, has been more of a "f*ck testing, ship it and let the customers find the bugs and we'll patch them in." type model.

They make very polished games, and have, from what I see, rather decent customer service compared to some of their competitors, even if they don't always go exactly in the direction folks may want them to.

I don't think they make a particularly high volume of games, but that's probably a good thing.

High budget
    Non innovative
    Milking
    Greedy, like D3's RMAH
    Less Content than old games (such as Original WoW, Starcraft, D2, etc)

It will be interesting to see how long Blizzard will be able to solely milk their 3 established franchises.

You gotta figure at some point they'll have to do something else. Titan was supposed to be something new and I wouldn't say it's going well, considering they've been talking about it for years and have nothing to show for it but scrapped ideas.

It will be interesting to see how long Blizzard will be able to solely milk their 3 established franchises.

You gotta figure at some point they'll have to do something else. Titan was supposed to be something new and I wouldn't say it's going well, considering they've been talking about it for years and have nothing to show for it but scrapped ideas.
    Friend of mine who is a huge blizzard addict bought gw2 to test it, because everyone else but him was playing gw2 and left wow. After 15 minutes he just logged out and said "this game is boring... you have so few skills at start" and after that we said how the world acts vs wow(you know all the dynamic events and living world) and we told him about how pvp works and how lvl scales so you can play with friends, all he said was "that's all useless shit" and left skype ... If they have brainwashed more ppl like him, they will milk A LONG TIM

15+ Year Old Account

When a good contender in the 3 genres they are currently ruling comes along they will have to innovate to stay competitive. The problem is that they have no real contestants that can even match their level of polish. The MMO scene is fairly weak and we have seen the "WoW-killers" come and go. The RTS scene is fairly one-sided with only a few niche games(and age of empires) reaching even close to Starcraft. And on the Hack and Slash/dungeon Crawler genre we havnt had a single game that can match the Diablo Franchise(I would argue that PoE and even Torchlight is good contestants, but they lack even more in the storytelling department than what Diablo 3 did)

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    Friend of mine who is a huge blizzard addict bought gw2 to test it, because everyone else but him was playing gw2 and left wow. After 15 minutes he just logged out and said "this game is boring... you have so few skills at start" and after that we said how the world acts vs wow(you know all the dynamic events and living world) and we told him about how pvp works and how lvl scales so you can play with friends, all he said was "that's all useless shit" and left skype ... If they have brainwashed more ppl like him, they will milk A LONG TIM
    "Brainwashed."

God forbid people like different things than you, ever.

gw2 is nothing like WoW.
    Try Rift or SWTOR.

Also Blizzard is in $4 billion debt now.
    If it starts to lose money, it will just go bankrupt.

(If it had $4 billion cash, it will keep trying new ideas.
    Stock market is causing good companies go bad quickly.)
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-08-03 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    "Brainwashed."

God forbid people like different things than you, ever.
    i would call it brainwashed if the only 3 games he has ever played more than 10 minutes in Diablo, SC and WoW and if you even try to mention or compare any game to those he says "stfu or i ignore you"

They won't keep making these 3 franchises forever. StarCraft is coming to an end with LotV. There are 2 new unannounced games.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Show me a game dev that's been in the business for several years, released several products, and hasn't stumbled once or twice.

D3 was Blizzard's stumble. Everything else they've released was fantastic. You might be able to count Cataclysm, but then that's what happens when Blizzard listens to all the community whines and tries to change the game to fit them. The quality of their games is still fantastic, it's just that some of their ideas about their target audience are a little off at the moment. They'll get it eventually.
    YOU think it's fantastic, I think D3 is an excellent game all around and its sales are an incredible achievement, you wanna talk about low quality, cataclysm was a lazy, horrible expansion of WoW that did nothing but reduce the overall difficulty of WoW and make it more suitable for downs players. MoP continues this trend, but appeals to downs-people who can stomach WoWs lore being further raped by essentially china and its inhabitants.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    gw2 is nothing like WoW.
    Try Rift or SWTOR.

Also Blizzard is in $4 billion debt now.
    If it starts to lose money, it will just go bankrupt.

(If it had $4 billion cash, it will keep trying new ideas.
    Stock market is causing good companies go bad quickly.)
    your knowledge of finance is astounding.

WoW is not only Blizzard's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    WoW is not only Blizzard's game.
    Both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are not as good as Diablo 2 and Original Starcraft.
    Just look at how simple the story they have.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are not as good as Diablo 2 and Original Starcraft.

If you thought D2's story was complex you must have played it when you were 3.....

Talking about simple story and bringing up D2 as the better one is not really valid. SC2 is also on par with with SC1 with different strategies availaable. For example TvP in SC1 was all about mech now it's all about bio. I would like to ask how much you know about StarCraft in general? because I don't know if I get get too deep about SC1 and SC2 comparision you will understand. To argue which is better between both games you actually have to break down every MU and compares because both of them are great. Saying one is good and one is bad is just ignorance.

Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 aren't terrible in my opinion but they aren't great either. All signs point to...."meh".

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 aren't terrible in my opinion but they aren't great either. All signs point to...."meh".
    This really, kinda...Meh at the moment. They seem to target a different audience than back some years ago.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO