Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    "How are people even defending diablo 3?"

I am defending D3 because my wife and I got hundreds of hours of fun entertainment out of it. What more can you ask out of a game. We started at launch, and the only reason we stopped is we switched to WOW. So, for us, D3 and WOW have been very high quality fun games that have provided us quite a bit of entertainment and helped keep us together. This is FAR more than we would expect out of getting D3 well for free (Annual Pass) plus our sub fee for WOW.

The money we have given to Blizzard is VERY well worth it. In our opinion, WOW puts out VERY HIGH quality games.

Thank you Blizzard

I think they absolutely were, without any doubt - but I say that as past tense because it seems to me that once 'Lackavision' slithered into Blizz, the quality began a downhill slide, favoring profits over quality - something 'Lackavision' is known for.
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

a fair counter-question is, if you are an activision-blizzard shareholder, who do you want running the games at blizzard? gamers who want to make a game more or less that they would enjoy, or businessmen who want to maximize revenues?

Once you accept the premise that you want the game to attract people who may never have played a video game before and broadly tune the game towards that market, then I don't see where the gamers' game fits in anymore.

blizzard isn't even shy about this in general - look at d3. real money microtransaction ah with all kinds of hurdles against converting that 'money' into non-blizzard held currency...
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    a fair counter-question is, if you are an activision-blizzard shareholder, who do you want running the games at blizzard? gamers who want to make a game more or less that they would enjoy, or businessmen who want to maximize revenues?
    They should make games for gamers, not just for money. Square Enix tried this tactic what Blizzard is doing now and it resulted financial catastrophy for them. If the product is good it will sell.