Lightbulb Idea for raid utility (hunter)

First off, I'm just posting an idea, I'm not saying its a good idea, I just want to know other people's thoughts on this.

Stampede buff.

Strength of heart.

Upon use, stampede grants one of the following buffs at random. Once a buff has been activated, it has a lower chance of activating again during the encounter. Resets upon the hunters death, or boss reset / death.

Grants X (30%?)mastery for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.

Grants X (25%?)healing increase to single target heals for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.

Grants X (20000 AP / SP?) for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.

Grants X (25%?) reduced physical damage taken for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.

Grants X (30%?)mastery for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.
    This is sort of like warriors skull banner, but mastery not crit, hence the 10% larger amount.

Anyway, thoughts?

Edit; multiple stampede casts means, if you have multiple hunters in a group, you will get an extra stack / different buff rather than cancelling each other out.

/discuss
    Last edited by Hunter Extraordinaire; 2013-08-02 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Clarified multiple stampede.

Quite hard to use right, if the buff is rnd.

e.g. "omg group is going to fall apart, quick! use your hunter deff-cd / +heal-cd!"
    -- Ups, Sorry, gave us 30% Mastery.

Deleted
    Blizzard quite clearly said they consider our utility fine and rather buff damage output.

Deleted
    thing is however, Hunter's does not have any Utillity besides Pet buffs ( if you're playing 10 man ) and trueshot aura ( which rogues and warrior brings aswell I belive. )

10+ Year Old Account
    really gotta stop making " give us more utility threads " when they should be buffing our damage. Fix our damage not give us more utility.

I will refer you to any one of dracos great posts on the matter/

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    First off, I'm just posting an idea, I'm not saying its a good idea, I just want to know other people's thoughts on this.

Stampede buff.

Strength of heart.

Upon use, stampede grants one of the following buffs at random. Once a buff has been activated, it has a lower chance of activating again during the encounter. Resets upon the hunters death, or boss reset / death.

Grants X (25%?)healing increase to single target heals for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.

Grants X (20000 AP / SP?) for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.

Grants X (25%?) reduced physical damage taken for the party / raid group for 20 seconds. Stacks with multiple stampede casts.

This is sort of like warriors skull banner, but mastery not crit, hence the 10% larger amount.

Anyway, thoughts?

Edit; multiple stampede casts means, if you have multiple hunters in a group, you will get an extra stack / different buff rather than cancelling each other out.

/discuss
    you have Ice Trap and MD as Utility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    not gunna lie, that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Janysa View Post
    Quite hard to use right, if the buff is rnd.

e.g. "omg group is going to fall apart, quick! use your hunter deff-cd / +heal-cd!"
    -- Ups, Sorry, gave us 30% Mastery.
    Not really, any one of the 4 could save the raid in that instance, since mastery affects all healers, increases tanks mitigation and increases dps to burn any adds etc.
    Healing buff obvious.
    Ap / sp one, again buffs healing through spell power. Dps gains thought it also.
    And flat 25% reduction to physical is obvious too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmio View Post
    thing is however, Hunter's does not have any Utillity besides Pet buffs ( if you're playing 10 man ) and trueshot aura ( which rogues and warrior brings aswell I belive. )
    Warrior and dk, rogue brings attack speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    really gotta stop making " give us more utility threads " when they should be buffing our damage. Fix our damage not give us more utility.

I will refer you to any one of dracos great posts on the matter/
    I know we need damage buffs, but it gets frustrating never having anything special to do during a burn phase, or a high damage phase, every other class has -something- they can use, and md / traps are useless except on horridon, tortos, animus? And lei Shen if u mess up (normal anyway, got gkicked before heroics...25's were too hard for the gm)

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Lol -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Also, been thinking on it some more, and come up with this solution;

When using stampede with a ferocity pet you get the mastery or ap / sp buff

When using stampede with a Cunning pet you get the healing or reduced damage buff

Tenacity pets give reduced damage or mastery buff.

Unglyphed stampede, gives a 25% of original value buff but with every buff that your stampede would be able provide, so a ferocity, cunning, and tenacity are in the stampede (4th is any) you get a weak version of all the buffs.

Again, thoughts and /discuss

Also any questions about it I may have missed or not thought of ill try and reply to

10+ Year Old Account
    If they fixed our damage i could live with not having any special raid wide CD. but that's just me.

Also i think if they used your idea. They would almost 100% have to disable stampede in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    If they fixed our damage i could live with not having any special raid wide CD. but that's just me.
    The problem is that dps charts are constantly adjusting. They can't permanently "fix our damage". Adding a raid utility would help for those times when Hunters fall below the pack (again).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Give us dps and fix our scaling problem and i'm fine with no Raid cd / utility

The main problem with this is that stampede's use would be reactionary. With the recent buffs to stampede, we will ideally be using it stacking with pre-potion and again stacked with 2nd potion/lust in order to get the maximum dps benefit. With the reduced party damage taken or increased party healing parts, our stampede would be limited to being used when the group needed a healing cool down, and this would result in a dps loss.