Thread: 4770k vs 4670k

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

4770k vs 4670k

Upgrading CPU to maximize FPS in raids and tossing up between 4770k or 4670k. Will be overclocking and wondering if I will see any noticeable increase if I go with the 4770k instead of the 4670k? Thanks

In raids there shouldn't be any difference. Or it would be minimal thanks to slightly higher clock - 3.4 Ghz vs 3.5 Ghz.
    Hyper Threading (the biggest difference between 4670 and 4770) is not useful for games.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

You can get better 1080p stream quality with the i7, but not one bit higher framerate for the game itself in theory.

In practice i7 can often (but not always) be overclocked tiny bit higher meaning 4.6GHz processor will run WoW faster than 4.5GHz regardless of if it's i5 or i7. But if you'd settle for conservative 4.2 for example with i5 or i7 the speed would be identical.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, looks like it's just better sticking with the i5 then in that case. Thanks for the quick replies
    Last edited by Flowsion; 2013-08-02 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    In practice i7 can often (but not always) be overclocked tiny bit higher
    I'm under the impression that i7's often overclock marginally worse, as hyperthreading seems to cause additional heat problems.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm under the impression that i7's often overclock marginally worse, as hyperthreading seems to cause additional heat problems.
    i7's should be better binned, but not sure if it makes up for the HT's extra heat.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.