Deleted

Buying HDMI Switch (1.4 vs 1.3b, does it matter?)

I want to connect my PC and TVbox to my monitor (LG 237L-BN) via HDMI, unfortunately the second HDMI port is dead so I need an HDMI switch.

These are the 3 cheapest ones i can find (Denmark)

Deltaco HDMI-206
    Belkin 2-Way HDMI Switchbox
    LogiLink HDMI 3-Port Mini Switch with RC

Here is a list of options for available Switches:

http://www.edbpriser.dk/hardware/for...d%C2%A7&qt=Fql

Now from what I can tell all these "cheap" switches are HDMI 1.3b supported however my devices are HDMI 1.4, I know they will connect to it just fine but am I going to miss out on something using a 1.3b switch?

I could in theory get a replacement/fix for my monitor but it'll probably end costing the same and seems more of a hassle.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-08-02 at 11:02 AM.

1.4 includes ethernet over HDMI, that's the only difference over "high speed" 1.3a cable. "High speed" is required for 3d.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Not using 1.4:
    You don't get
    • 3840*2160 (4k) support@24/25/30Hz or 4096x2160 @24Hz
    • 100 mbit ethernet connection through the HDMI cable
    • Audio return channel (not sure what that is)
    • Support for sYCC601, Adobe RGB and Adobe YCC601 colour spaces
    • An increased amount of stereoscopic 3D formats such as 720p @60Hz, 1080p @24Hz
    • HDMI 1.4b supports 1080p @120Hz

You get the 3D and 4k support with the "fast" HDMI 1.3 cables.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.4

Deleted
    Well I have internet through a network cable from the router to my PC and router to TVbox I don't have to worry about that I assume.

I'm curious about the audio return?

Assuming those two things are not of importance would you say I can buy any of those HDMI switches? All my cables are "high speed", it's just the Switch that is 1.3b.

It's actually really hard to find out which HDMI they support but it seems those "cheap" ones are all 1.3b

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to be sure before I the "buy button".
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-08-03 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only big difference is 4k resolution @ 30hz support (4k @ 60hz requires dual 1.4 HDMI) between 1.3b and 1.4. That, and ethernet capability but you've said that's a non-issue so.

For you, no difference. buy whichever.

Deleted
    Cool, thanks. I just wish they would be a little clearer which they support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not using 1.4:

• Audio return channel (not sure what that is)
    It means audio can be sent both ways through the HDMI cable, removing the need of extra cables in setup where you have, for example, your computer and console hooked up though hdmi to the reciever to the TV. When you watch normal TV, you can still use the reciever as sound because sound travels from the TV to the reciever with ARC.