Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

PVP quest in legendary quest chain WTF

ok so obviously I am behind and have just gotten to the point where I have to win to specific BGs to continue the legendary quest chain.

Several things first I am on a RP server. Why the fuck is blizz forcing me to pvp? Do they think I might say oh this is fun and become a pvp hound?

All this succeeds in doing is pissing off PVE people like myself (cause I hate pvp) and the pvp people cause they have to deal with PVE types in the BGs.

At this point I am 8 BGs (zero wins) in and about to just write my cloak off as a loss cause I would rather be doing others things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly we needed another topic on this.

Its 2 BG's - T W O - We've all done even if we hate PvP. its part of the story in Krasarang. If you want your cloak you have to work for it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, this thread again..

Get over it if you cannot handle it then you don't deserve the legendary cloak it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    ok so obviously I am behind and have just gotten to the point where I have to win to specific BGs to continue the legendary quest chain.

Several things first I am on a RP server. Why the fuck is blizz forcing me to pvp? Do they think I might say oh this is fun and become a pvp hound?

All this succeeds in doing is pissing off PVE people like myself (cause I hate pvp) and the pvp people cause they have to deal with PVE types in the BGs.

At this point I am 8 BGs (zero wins) in and about to just write my cloak off as a loss cause I would rather be doing others things.
    Don't worry you're not the only one behind, I've not been able to start the quest chain yet becaues my quest log is full of other quests I have not been able to complete over the years.

Legendary quest line is optional... if you cannot complete the epic task of winning two battlegrounds you are not worthy of the quest chains great rewards.

Deleted
    Go do some pvp, you'll learn a lot about your class and awareness. And if you cannot win 2 BG's, then really don't deserve any oranges.

This is the easiest part of the chain... Can be done in less than half an hour...

The secrets took me over a month to get... You're complaining about half an hour...???

I felt the same way. I have been playing since Vanilla and climbed the Pvp ranks before the BC change.
    That being said, when I left PvP in vanilla after grinding 4 to 5 hours a day, I was done with it.
    I hated the PvP portion of the Legendary quest chain. As horde, in a stale battlegroup, my best bet was to hit it as early in the morning as possible. Seems like Horde does its best then. I think this was an attempt to interest people in pvp, but all it did for me is further my conviction against doing it.
    Hoping it is a lesson learned and Blizzard will not repeat it in future component.
    Leave PvP to the people who want to and let them enjoy it. Don't force my hand to have to PvP - Been there, done that, DONE.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
    This is the easiest part of the chain... Can be done in less than half an hour...

The secrets took me over a month to get... You're complaining about half an hour...???
    Not to mention the titan runestones with good RNG took me 12 weeks to complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Not to mention the titan runestones with good RNG took me 12 weeks to complete.
    Oh good lord. Dont mention those pesky stones lol. I just finished after so many weeks myself.. It is a real pain!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP has a point.
    While i cannot see Blizzard's conspiration fabled by the OP, ,my battlegroup has trouble winning a single battleground DAILY.
    That quest was the hardest by far for me. I shouldn't be doing PvP for a cloak you get through raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh View Post

Really I am 3 hours in 0 wins .. and that is running que after que.

I have zero pvp gear. Mainly cause I fucking hate pvp.

Winning two BGs on your server may be no big deal on Alliance in Cenarion Circle it obviously is.

Has there been any word if they are going to remove this shit in 5.4 if so I will stop wasting my time.

You know how much you care about the random dude in your lfr at the bottom of the meters (you probably didn't even notice him let alone know his name), that's how much the 'pvpers' care about a 'pve'er' in a random bg. I mean, it's just a random bg, you're not walking into the 'hood or something like that.

I just point this out because often when this topic comes up it's almost like people have pvp anxiety or something, it's not some alien different world. Yeah, it's an immersion breaking quest (insofar as it deviates from a pve track) but apart from that, relax, they don't give a hoot about you showing up in 'their' bg, they probably don't even notice you and frankly half of them are probably as incompetent as you are in pvp anyway.

Winning a battleground is literally as trivial as doing your daily heroic or heroic scenario, I don't know why people make it out to be some impossible task, even on a shit battlegroup. I used to do one every day just for the conquest points, felt like just another random heroic.
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2013-08-02 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    got both wins on 1 try, it isn't hard, so shouldn't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 2 battlegrounds for fuck sake. If you can't do PVP you will not be about to get the cloak anyway because you will not be good enough to pass the challenges.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Really I am 3 hours in 0 wins .. and that is running que after que.

I have zero pvp gear. Mainly cause I fucking hate pvp.

Winning two BGs on your server may be no big deal on Alliance in Cenarion Circle it obviously is.

Has there been any word if they are going to remove this shit in 5.4 if so I will stop wasting my time.
    It's really not that hard. It's just random luck if you're solo queueing, like everything else on this quest line. You could literally AFK the entire BG and still complete this step.
    Last edited by Naxere; 2013-08-02 at 01:26 PM.

It does seem kind of stupid that they continue to include PVP in PVE achievements and requirements, but really it's 2 BGs. It could have been a lot worse. The worst part is how many things are just RNG if you get them at all (the original Sigils, Runestones, etc.)

Deleted
    Yeah, it really could be worse, i just killed those Alliance rares for the Honor Badges, after one day i've had a whole Honor PVP set, those BGs were pretty easy after that, one guy can make a difference.

And i hate PvP, That's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    got both wins on 1 try, it isn't hard, so shouldn't complain.
    Lucky you I am almost 3.5 in of que after que.... still 0 wins

Well, pretend that you're RPing when PvPing! ^.^