5-man flex raid? Will it be possible??

I would love to be able to raid and have it scale to a 5man...

yes there would be some encounters that would change.... stacking debuffs and such would be different with having only one tank, but the possibility of raiding with a few dedicated friends and not dealing with 5 or 20 other ppls issues would be nice.

If you want something to do with five people, go do challenge modes. Raids balanced to 5 people wouldn't even be raiding... It'd be like glorified dungeons but with everything a lot clunkyer

Deleted
    It should scale all the way down to 1 man imo. That way I can be a strong and independent raider.

No, they shouldn't scale raids like that. What they COULD do is have endgame 5-man content that isn't just outclassed by raids, a la The Secret World and other MMOs that don't focus on raiding. Note that I doubt that will happen as WoW is too intertwined in the EQ-style of MMOs, but it's a way they could change things.

I'm guessing you won't even be able to queue in without at least 10 people. But if they do allow it, it will probably only scale down to the 10 man level. Which would be entertaining for some Normal and Heroic raiders to play around in.

Raids should scale down to level 1, and at one person, and drop purely cosmetic versions of the gear. Because I don't have time to level, or find a group, or make friends, or talk to people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I'm guessing you won't even be able to queue in without at least 10 people. But if they do allow it, it will probably only scale down to the 10 man level. Which would be entertaining for some Normal and Heroic raiders to play around in.
    I think they said you will be able to queue in as 8, just to start clearing trash or whatever while waiting for the slackers, but it will still be scaled to 10 as the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fromhellofdoom View Post
    I think they said you will be able to queue in as 8, just to start clearing trash or whatever while waiting for the slackers, but it will still be scaled to 10 as the lowest.
    They said they're considering doing this, but as far as I know this has not been confirmed.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromhellofdoom View Post
    actually GC said 8 was a possibility if people gave feedback in regards to testing the flexi system. which pretty much means "not yet, but maybe next patch if this turns out to be enjoyed by a majority of the players". which kinda leaves tight nit 10 mans in the dust.. yet again. even though this is a system aimed at those types of groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by zipzy View Post
    If you want something to do with five people, go do challenge modes. Raids balanced to 5 people wouldn't even be raiding... It'd be like glorified dungeons but with everything a lot clunkyer
    Well to be fair the same could (and still can) be said about 10 man raiding before it was implemented. Where exactly is the cutoff point in YOUR eyes? Where does it become a glorified dungeon run? 20 people? 10? 8?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    I would love to be able to raid and have it scale to a 5man...

yes there would be some encounters that would change.... stacking debuffs and such would be different with having only one tank, but the possibility of raiding with a few dedicated friends and not dealing with 5 or 20 other ppls issues would be nice.
    No, and it has been said already in the forums by a blue.
    It starts with 10 people.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-08-02 at 02:51 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They said they're considering doing this, but as far as I know this has not been confirmed.
    It would be very nice if they do implement this because I know with my raid group we always start clearing up to first boss while we wait for some of our group to log on.

In regards to OP: With 5 people it would not be a raid it would be a party. The main parts of the encounters would have to be completely altered. As one person above said, "it would be a glorified dungeon."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    actually GC said 8 was a possibility if people gave feedback in regards to testing the flexi system. which pretty much means "not yet, but maybe next patch if this turns out to be enjoyed by a majority of the players". which kinda leaves tight nit 10 mans in the dust.. yet again. even though this is a system aimed at those types of groups.
    I guess I'm misunderstanding you, how does this leave 10-mans in the dust? I can see that being an issue if the scaling was set to 12 or something as the lowest, but at 10 people I can't really see it being a detriment at all, except for having to pug someone if Player A is offline for a raid or something. However, pugging or even recruiting standbys should (hopefully) be easier with the advent of Virtual Realms, making this issue have much less of an impact.

Raiding already feels cheap in 10s. Why the hell would anyone want it smaller? Hell, think of the logistics. 2 tanks. 1 healer. 2 dps. wat? In the resounding and immortal words of some guy who lives someplace that isn't not on this planet: "No fucking way."