Thread: Rogues...

Rogues...

I am leveling a Rogue - right now around level 74 and I've been doing some BGs to level. I know low level PvP isn't exactly balanced (6k shield slams, lol), but I've been having fun anyways playing a class I haven't really played much before. Anyways, I kinda feel the class is pretty weak compared with most other classes. I would normally think things will be better once I reach 90 since low level BGs are a poor way to judge class balance but I've got 3 other 90's (Mage, DK and Disc Priest) and Rogues are more of an annoyance for those characters as well.

So I guess my question for other Rogues is this: Do Rogues in PvP feel weak to you atm? And what classes would you say you do well against? I'd like to do some 2's with my brothers Disc Priest so I am hoping it's still a decent combo.

I am still going to level up my char because it's been fun regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are by far the weakest class in pvp now. It's not even fun playing anymore, they are so shit.

Deleted
    At 90 rogues are far from the OP fucks they were in cata. Blizzard finally managed to stop rogues from ruining pvp for everyone else. Good riddance, I say.

Also, you will never beat a ww monk as a rogue. Never.

I don't know what you guys are smoking, or if Rogues just got huge buffs on the PTR or something, but I'm playing one at 90 on the PTR (my highest live rogue is around 50) because my main account expired....and I absolutely destroy ANYBODY except for warlocks, and some hunters.

They weren't that OP in Cata... just everyone cried and cried so Blizz had to make sure they were back to the worst class status. Maybe they'll fix them so they're not so shit boring/horribad in the next expansion but I wouldn't count on it to much. Rogues being decent is right below Nerfing Mages on the Blizzard to do list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    I don't know what you guys are smoking, or if Rogues just got huge buffs on the PTR or something, but I'm playing one at 90 on the PTR (my highest live rogue is around 50) because my main account expired....and I absolutely destroy ANYBODY except for warlocks, and some hunters.
    Try playing against players who aren't trying other classes they never played before.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Try playing against players who aren't trying other classes they never played before.
    Playing against people with their tier 2 weapons still nets me similar results. Rogues are very strong on PTR but nowhere near OP (discounting PvE gear which makes EVERYONE broken). They're also better off than warriors on live though I guess that's not saying much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm pretty sure between all the people I've killed on the PTR, SOMEONE had to know what they were doing.

Actually rogues might be 'OK' in patch 5.4, but if that's the case it's just from gear. They're such a hugely gear dependent class. If you're not in full Tyrannical (right now) you don't stand a chance of killing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course you're doing shit damange at low level when you don't even have your primary burst CDs. Plus level scaling and shit is imbalanced as fuck. My paladin used to do 10k word of glories at lvl 79 and 15k flash heals, at level 85 my flash heals were still doing only 20k as prot.

Low level PvP being low level PvP. Prot warriors seriously don't do high shield slams at level 90.

Rogues excel at burst and CC. You don't have your burst CDs yet, so all you excel at is CC.

At 90 rogues are far from the OP fucks they were in cata. Blizzard finally managed to stop rogues from ruining pvp for everyone else. Good riddance, I say.

Also, you will never beat a ww monk as a rogue. Never.
    Lol "ruining pvp for everyone else". Want a whineburger with those French cries? Year ago and rogues are in a pretty bad state atm and babies like yourself are still whining for their blankie. Also, sound logic there. "Rogues were op in pvp at one point and Im awful at pvp so therefore they should continue to suck and be broken to please selfish people like myself". Pvp was NEVER ruined at any point by rogues, it was only ruined for PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT PVP.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-08-02 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Symetree View Post
    Lol "ruining pvp for everyone else". Want a whineburger with those French cries? Year ago and rogues are in a pretty bad state atm and babies like yourself are still whining for their blankie. Also, sound logic there. "Rogues were op in pvp at one point and Im awful at pvp so therefore they should continue to suck and be broken to please selfish people like myself". Pvp was NEVER ruined at any point by rogues, it was only ruined for PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT PVP.
    As much as I love Rogues, this simply isn't true. Rogues were HELLA broken in early WotLK, maybe not at max level, but during leveling, no matter how good your gear was, they -literally- one shot you with Ambush. Yeah I know, low levels, yada yada. But seriously, When a class can 1 shot you from level 10 to level 69, there's a problem.
    Last edited by Rabka Uhalla; 2013-08-02 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    They weren't that OP in Cata... just everyone cried and cried so Blizz had to make sure they were back to the worst class status. Maybe they'll fix them so they're not so shit boring/horribad in the next expansion but I wouldn't count on it to much. Rogues being decent is right below Nerfing Mages on the Blizzard to do list.
    This times a thousand. My main pvp toon is my warrior, and I got absolutely annoyed to no end at people who are absolutely AWFUL at pvp throwing their rattles from their crib and whining over something that didn't even exist.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I love Rogues, this simply isn't true. Rogues were HELLA broken in early WotLK, maybe not at max level, but during leveling, no matter how good your gear was, they -literally- one shot you with Ambush. Yeah I know, low levels, yada yada. But seriosuly, When a class can 1 shot you from level 10 to level 69, there's a problem.
    Um except yeah, it is true. Please stay on topic, level 1-69 pvp has absolutely NOTHING to do with pvp at max level. Your "point", or lack thereof, is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Symetree View Post
    Um except yeah, it is true. Please stay on topic, level 1-69 pvp has absolutely NOTHING to do with pvp at max level. Your "point", or lack thereof, is invalid.
    Except for you said PvP was NEVER ruined at ANY point by Rogues, but it was. You never said "PvP was NEVER ruined at max level by Rogues".
    Last edited by Rabka Uhalla; 2013-08-02 at 08:28 PM.

Rogue damage was shit in s9 (first cata season) the only way you got in a team was being very skilled, otherwise they'd just swap you for a feral since they had alot of CC aswell and did way more damage (and were OP as fuck)... They didn't become OP until season 11, a problem that Blizzard could have prevented by nerfing sinister calling, PvE trinkets and not handing out the first stage of the legendaries to everyone.

OT: Rogues could use some love, half the buffs we get are still fixes from Blizzards attempt to completly destroy our class in MoP. Sanguiry vein being reverted to its cata state, prep and step no longer on the same tier, not forcing rogues to take deadly brew or play without a slow,... It's sad to see it took them pretty much an entire xpack though. I still love playing my rogue though, no matter how bad the class gets, a well placed Sbomb, some CC thrown around can win you a game, even if you hit like a wet noodle while doing it.

Oh, small edit, what spec are you? Since rogue VS ungeared people should be doing some crazy damage with their openers as sub, atleast it's like that in the lower brackets, maybe their damage is more "normal" at your level.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2013-08-02 at 08:25 PM.

rogues should still have powerful setups aka rmp where it matters and disc/hunter/mage+rogue in 2s where it might be fun with a friend.

Can't comment on pandaland rogues, but they started out weak, played in arena rogues in TBC and Cata, weren't weak there.

In a weak xpack/patch, and considering you play low level bgs you can just remain stealthed and show up just for the killing blow, thats an advantage other weak specs do not have.

no matter how weak, boring or whatever they play on live, because i am certain they will get a ton of design attention by Blizzard in the near future, probably in 6.0 preperation patch similar as the warlock got it, too, or in the next xpack.

Blizzard and GC said many times the rogues appears unpopular and boring to many people and they will work on it to improve him. So if the present is garbage its good to know u got a future.

Btw, the rogue is the only melee class that got 3 dd specs, thats kinda unique. Imagine after the revamp that will come 100%, all 3 talent specs are playable in pvp, similar as what happened with the warlock.

I made my choice i play lock this expansion when i return again for the green fire and play a rogue next, or a shaman if i don't like the rogue changes.

If you are interested in a real powerful melee in duels you should try these 3 out: ww monk, feral druid and enhancment shamans - 5.3 buffed enhancement shamans to a great degree however enhancers are contested to heavenly by their own ele spec.

as far as bg lvling goes, the one with the high pve gear will always be on top, especially if they are hunters or a healer.(disc). Especially in your lvl range it gets really worse with those chimera shots of the pesky hunters in pve gear of the next xpack regarding to the current lvl bracket they are in. Be glad to have stealth to avoid it.

They're a bit weak yes but they also have a high skill cap so when they're not overpowered they are definitely not noob friendly.

Only problem with rogue is that Feral is better. Nothing else exept fact that casters are owerall better than melee

Except for you said PvP was NEVER ruined at ANY point by Rogues, but it was. You never said "PvP was NEVER ruined at max level by Rogues".
    Apples to oranges. If you aren't playing a OP leveling class, don't cry about being killed by them in low lvl pvp, you don't have to que it. OT Rogue/Priest is good and IMO rogues are in a good place atm, other classes could be brougt down or up a bit, but all in all good enough.
    do what you feel.