Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    He forgot to use [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags....
    Oh.

Well I certainly hope so. Enough time on the internet has convinced me that every kind of opinion is possible.

Am I the only one who wants to see Flare turned into a raid cd? That'd be sooo coool.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to see Flare turned into a raid cd? That'd be sooo coool.
    Flare blinds all nearby enemies (including bosses), reducing their chance to hit by X. Or damage reduction. Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Flare blinds all nearby enemies (including bosses), reducing their chance to hit by X. Or damage reduction. Something.
    How to piss off tanks as they don't get vengeance from misses

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    How to piss off tanks as they don't get vengeance from misses
    Their Vengeance already got nerfed, lets just add oil to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Their Vengeance already got nerfed, lets just add oil to the fire.
    Yet still tanks on garrosh testing were at 1.5mil dps in p1

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Yet still tanks on garrosh testing were at 1.5mil dps in p1
    But were the Vengeance changes on that PTR build?

10+ Year Old Account
    Flare reveals the weaknesses of all enemies within it, increasing the chance to crit on them by 20%. That'd be pretty cool.

The flare buff is a neat idea, but if you have to put it on a CD, it's going to hurt hunters in PVP.

Now that I think about it, do it. Hurting hunters in pvp frees them up to buff us more for PVE.

Deleted
    Just make us scale well. Warlocks and Mage damage is significantly noticeable as they gear up, hunters less so. Been this way since the start of cataclysm; start strong then need tweaking every patch to stay competitive.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Just make us scale well.
    Mastery scaling tweaks as part of the "numbers pass" would be a good start. Isn't Mastery supposed to be one of those "tuning knobs" they turn to for balancing? It'd have been a better course of action than band-aid fixing Aspect of the Hawk yet again ... a couple AotH band-aids ago. AotH should NOT be a go-to tuning knob because it further boosts the already overwhelming lead of agility over secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Mastery scaling tweaks as part of the "numbers pass" would be a good start. Isn't Mastery supposed to be one of those "tuning knobs" they turn to for balancing? It'd have been a better course of action than band-aid fixing Aspect of the Hawk yet again ... a couple AotH band-aids ago. AotH should NOT be a go-to tuning knob because it further boosts the already overwhelming lead of agility over secondary stats.
    Then we will just stack Mastery, without any scaling just the same.

They haven't really done the DPS tuning for 5.4 yet... Ghostcrawler said it'd be in a couple more PTR builds.

No point talking about where our damage will be yet, but we'll definitely be better than we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    well 5.4 hasnt hit yet but as of 5.3 hunters are doing very well.
    Doing very well... LOL what ?

I'm anxious to see the next PTR build or two... just hoping for something besides a token hawk buff at this point. Now that aspects are basically pointless, you'd think they would just bake in that damage. I can't believe cheetah/pack has survived the game for this long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Then we will just stack Mastery, without any scaling just the same.
    You mean the way we stack crit? or now Haste when we got RPPM trinkets?

Rather we stacked a stat that gave us something to work towards over gearing up seeing very little in the way of improvement hitting a ceiling until next patch notes or hot fix reveals SS/CS got a 10% inc dmg. F*ck the fillers make my signature shots hit like trucks and scale insanely well. Destro lock no int procs Chaos bolt 300-400k, int procs 600-800k+ Even with Rentaki's Slicer max stacks Power shot doesnt hit anywhere near like that! This is what bugs me, this is why am I rerolling halfway through expansion, this is why despite all the utility and raid buffs i am considering playing guardian tank or mage, my hunter doesnt feel any stronger!

Here we go: Reduce amount of damage increase our Weapons give (dont want to see auto shot being in the top 3 damage done), buff the hell out of mastery so our signature abilities; Explosive, SrS, Pet, WQ are up there by a large margin. Maybe increase focus cost of abilities and buff the way Haste effects our focus so we need healthy amount of haste to complete rotation, adds a layer of depth and complexity that we just dont have. At the moment there is no pooling, there is very little requirement to line up cd's, it's spam away your priority list with very little to discern from a good hunter or a bad one. Playing optimally offers too little a dps increase over playing sloppy (cleaving aside).
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2013-08-12 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    That is not true at all, i have/had a few 1-5 WoL ranks as BM/SV in ToT and the only fights i have a chance to beat our mages/locks and rogues on are Ra-Den, Lei-Shen, Qon and Twin's.
    So because we are unable to heavily cheese multiple targets, we are low on DPS?

Our AOE is decent and single-target we are huge. I do absolutely fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post

No offense to you here.
    But if you do "absolutly fine" you need to replace your other team member, cause they suck ass in that case.

For US 50-range or better 25-mans, Hunters only saving grace was that BM does okay damage on H. Lei Shen (and decent damage on him post-5.3) and having a ranged class with an immunity was a ticket to ride. The fact that we give Deterrence to Druid was also a perk. If not for that fight, we would have been gutted, because we were awful on so many of those fights during progression.

It's funny looking at fights like H. Durumu on farm, where Hunters look good because "tunnel boss" is viable with how fast walls die... versus the first weeks of Heroic progression, when Hunters were dog-crap, because people were bringing tons of Warlocks and Shaman to get the walls down. So, if you're sitting in a more casual guild, chances are you don't even realize how god-awful Hunters are, because you're hitting fights overgeared, and what was once a sustained DPS struggle is now burst down.

In any case, here's a rough guide to Hunters in 5.4:

Aaaagggh. AAAAHHHH. AGGGHGHHH. OH GOD WHY?

Yeah. If you're a progression raider sitting on a Hunter, it's like replacing your keyboard with a cheese grater. Just roll your face around on it... gives you a rough idea of what we're dealing with. It's a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post

I think you're exaggerating with the whole "huge" thing.