5bn to spend. Need some advice

Greetings!

I posted this in the official forums and thought I'd do one here to get a broader range of opinions, I have about 5bn gold to spend to upgrade my Barbarian. I would like some advice as to the best way to spend that money. I shall state my unbuffed stats:

234k DPS
    39k Life
    614 All resist
    Crit Chance - 60%
    Crit Damage - +647%
    Life Steal - 5.6% with Passive

Any help is greatly appreciated : ))).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-19 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    Greetings!

I posted this in the official forums and thought I'd do one here to get a broader range of opinions, I have about 5bn gold to spend to upgrade my Barbarian. I would like some advice as to the best way to spend that money. I shall state my unbuffed stats:

234k DPS
    39k Life
    614 All resist
    Crit Chance - 60%
    Crit Damage - +647%
    Life Steal - 5.6% with Passive

Any help is greatly appreciated : ))).

Thanks in advance.
    How about give all your monies to me since with those stats you should be able to farm MP10 with little trouble.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-19 at 03:51 PM.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    How about give all your monies to me since with those stats you should be able to farm MP10 with little trouble.
    I'm not going to be getting any help here am I

No offence, but there is just no reason to help people like you.
    I do understand that gold price dropped so much that you spent probably just 10 euro for your gear.

But tell me, did it make you any happier? You know, we actually played the game. Farmed our gear, piece by piece. Tried different farming routings, we happy to sell another 10m gold item to buy an upgrade.
    You opened your browser and 10 minutes later you had 5 billion gold on your character. Without even logging into the game.
    The whole purpose of the game is invalid for you, you won't be happy to find an item because no matter what item you'll find you won't be able to sell it for more gold than you currently have.

You want an advice? I'll give you one - start a new self-funded character and play the game without using AH. You'll see the entirely different game, the game diablo meant to be.
    Or even better - play on hardcore where your money won't help you.

Deleted
    Fucking inflation. I've got like less than a million.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I do understand that gold price dropped so much that you spent probably just 10 euro for your gear.

But tell me, did it make you any happier? You know, we actually played the game. Farmed our gear, piece by piece. Tried different farming routings, we happy to sell another 10m gold item to buy an upgrade.
    You opened your browser and 10 minutes later you had 5 billion gold on your character. Without even logging into the game.
    The whole purpose of the game is invalid for you, you won't be happy to find an item because no matter what item you'll find you won't be able to sell it for more gold than you currently have.

You want an advice? I'll give you one - start a new self-funded character and play the game without using AH. You'll see the entirely different game, the game diablo meant to be.
    I liked the many assumptions you have made regarding RL money spent for the gold. Now let me assume, You had a look at my kills and thought oh rich guy? No I played my ass off pre nerf inferno got up to a respectable 30k dps, which at the time was not easy, without the use of purchased gold. I gave the account away to my son during a period of financial trouble and focused on life. I then desired to re-join the game hearing positive words being spoken about it and decided to simply spend money to purchase gold so I can play along my son in this new MP system at his level is all.
    Thanks anyways I shall look elsewhere for help.
    No offence taken.

lol, 30k DPS wasen't much, I was having almost 40k 1 month after launch, clearing the game with just about 30k. When did average ever become respectable? Stop boosting about your accomplishments RMAH player. And with thoes elite kill's you haven't played the game at all.

Id gladly help you suggest gear, but with that attitude, hell no. Besides, way over-doing the RMAH buying, pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Fucking inflation. I've got like less than a million.
    That can easly be fixed, if you actually played the game then. You can also look into AH playing. Will be slow the first week time, but then you got enough gold to get the ball rolling. Could proboaly easly make 5-20 million gold a day with little effort if you played AH now, even without to much knowledge.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

You seem to be pretty mad, got some grudges against the game? Don't take it out on other people, people play the game how they enjoy it and that is none of your business. And 5BN is more than 10 euros.

On topic, try:

Try crafting some bracers, the high strength from the crafted ones paired with crit chance will give you more damage than lacunis from my experience.
    Same with your amulet, try crafting some, getting a 300 STR amulet with CC and CD is awesome.
    You could upgrade your chest to get way more strength.
    Also consider an Innas Temperance for your pant slot with high STR.
    Maybe higher Crit Damage on your offhand?
    Then there's always upgrading your gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I was mostly just kidding. Sadly I have no idea how to gear a warrior but my point still stands. With your gear set I'm not really sure what the point of upgrading would be. You seem pretty beast already and should easily be able to farm MP10. I would hold onto your cash and wait for an expansion though I'm not sure how that would work.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that this smacks of showing off. What other option can it be? You have 5 billion gold and wicked gear already, and you come here asking for advice? You either:

1) bought it all for $$$ and don't actually know what you are doing
    2) played your brains out, followed a buying guide, got really lucky with drops, and don't actually know what you are doing
    or
    3) are saying "look at all my gear and look how much money I have.

Because, given your gear and money, you SHOULD know exactly what you have to do. It's like a company CEO with a Ferrari collection coming to us and saying "Hey, how do I do better at my job and what Ferrari should I buy next." You should know how to do your job, and you should know enough about Ferraris that you don't need to ask random scrubs on the MMO-Champ forums.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    The problem is that this smacks of showing off. What other option can it be? You have 5 billion gold and wicked gear already, and you come here asking for advice? You either:

2) played your brains out, followed a buying guide, got really lucky with drops, and don't actually know what you are doing
    or

Because, given your gear and money, you SHOULD know exactly what you have to do. It's like a company CEO with a Ferrari collection coming to us and saying "Hey, how do I do better at my job and what Ferrari should I buy next." You should know how to do your job, and you should know enough about Ferraris that you don't need to ask random scrubs on the MMO-Champ forums.

Have fun.
    If 1 were true then why not give him advice, if 2 were true why not give him advice, if 3 were true why not just ignore it instead of QQing?
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    If 1 were true then why not give him advice, if 2 were true why not give him advice, if 3 were true why not just ignore it instead of QQing?
    Look for gear with better stats than the items you have, that cost less than the amount of money you have to spend.

Fucking rocket science, isn't it.

Look for gear with better stats than the items you have, that cost less than the amount of money you have to spend.

Fucking rocket science, isn't it.
    It's not that simple, a type of item he hasn't heard of yet may be better, such as Innas Temperance. He may not know that crafting can yield much better items than buying items in those particular slots now, he may want to know which of his items are his 'worst ones' so he knows which to replace first. Just take the stick out of your ass and stop being so bitter because D3 didn't turn out to be the game you wanted it to be. Kthx.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    You seem to be pretty mad, got some grudges against the game? Don't take it out on other people, people play the game how they enjoy it and that is none of your business.
    I have a lot of complains about the game but I did not mention any of them in my post.

My advice was absolutely serious and you are free to criticize it as long as you keep your critics constructive.
    New players have no clue about what to do in the game. So trying to help them is more than logical.
    Spend 5bn on rubbish and you'll get bored in 1 week because you have nothing to do in the game.
    Start playing the game it was supposed to be played and you'll be able to enjoy it for months.

And 5BN is more than 10 euros.
    Learn to read other people posts. I did not say anything about how much money did he spent for buying 5bn gold.

Try crafting some bracers, the high strength from the crafted ones paired with crit chance will give you more damage than lacunis from my experience.
    The bracers are there for a reason. They allow warriors to run at +24% speed which is essential for ww spec.

Deleted
    look at a 50 mill guide, adjust numbers.
    Not rocket science,

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I understand peoples' frustration with the OP, why the hateful words?

It was a given that people would RMAH and have been, so sure, he already spent some, he's looking for help.

If you don't want to help him, why post at all? -.-
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

or

Have fun.
    He is showing off what, his 100$ char? Talk about being jelly for almost nothing =D

Id look at more MS (inna's pants/ice climbers).
    Better lacunis.
    Gloves (crit dmg).
    You can use this char for inspiration: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...4/hero/7639125

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, OP, that no one was willing to help you, but instead posted all sorts of assumptions.

I'm going to close this since it's so far off track and virtually no one actually posted anything useful.