10+ Year Old Account

Help me choose a monitor

Hey,

I`m buying a new pc, mainly for gaming, but watching movies and reading articles are also important parts of usage and I need some help. After some research, I narrowed my search to an IPS vs VA situation.

Nr. 1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009483
    + IPS, glowing reports in regards to image quality and design
    + good connectivity
    + 5ms response time
    - more expensive
    Nr.2 http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2260HM-...=benq+gw2260hm
    + VA
    + its a BenQ monitor
    +4ms response time
    +in theory, colors are better than on IPS, also less risk of glossyness

Thing is, I want to avoid ghosting, while keeping a good image quality. Is one better than the other in games? Does the Acer deserve the extra price and should I get a BenQ product instead of Acer?

Any input would be much appreciated, thank you.

P.S. the links are merely for displaying purposes, I would have to buy the monitor from a local retailer (Romania), where the difference in price is @45 euros(with Acer the more expensive one).

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just made a post asking a very similar question. I'm going to follow this thread to see what kinds of bites you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to have been lost in a sea of other threads

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get the BenQ not because I have experience with that model but simply due to size, I have both a 21.5" and 24" panel and the 24" is just far more comfortable to use, however if your comfortable with the smaller screen size then I guess the only way to have a true gauge is if you can go into a store and see them in person, based on specs they should be just about identical outside of their calibration.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it seems the Acer is winning. People on other computer forums have recommended it and combined with the lack of sensible feedback on the BenQ, I`ll go with the Acer monitor.

Deleted
    Priced considered the Acer is definitely not a bad choice. It also includes DVI and HDMI cable, that's pretty unusual for a lower budget monitor.