Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation ToT damage increasing bug

Hi, we're a 4/13H guild with jin'rokh, horridon, ji'kun and iron qon on farm.

We went to do our weekly tot run yesterday, killed jin'rokh HC no problems. we then killed horridon heroic (with 1 or 2 wipes); HOWEVER, for some reason, the damage increasing mechanic from horridon seemed to pass over to every other mob in the instance (including bosses) because we were hitting them for absurd amounts. I don't know what %, but we had constant 500-600k DPS from people who do normally 130-150k.

Naturally, we took advantage of this and cleared the first 11 bosses on ToT heroic with no problems at all using this damage increasing bug (stuck on Lei Shen - transitions suck!)

Of course, i'm not giving out our guild name or any of our members so we don't get banned, but I urge blizz to fix this, as it's easily exploitable; getting Lei Shen HC with 200% or whatever damage increase won't be as rewarding for guilds

Deleted
    It's a damage taken mechanic, not a damage increasing one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    bad english sorry but you know what i mean, it's a very pressing issue at hand

Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunaburger View Post
    Naturally, we took advantage of this
    Ban incomming or troll detected.
    Last edited by Kargarok; 2013-08-02 at 09:32 PM.

This thread has no discussion value, its literally just a post saying "I have a secret, and I'm not gonna tell you".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    This. Sounds like trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, we're a 4/13H guild with jin'rokh, horridon, ji'kun and iron qon on farm.

We went to do our weekly tot run yesterday, killed jin'rokh HC no problems. we then killed horridon heroic (with 1 or 2 wipes); HOWEVER, for some reason, the damage increasing mechanic from horridon seemed to pass over to every other mob in the instance (including bosses) because we were hitting them for absurd amounts. I don't know what %, but we had constant 500-600k DPS from people who do normally 130-150k.

Naturally, we took advantage of this and cleared the first 11 bosses on ToT heroic with no problems at all using this damage increasing bug (stuck on Lei Shen - transitions suck!)

Of course, i'm not giving out our guild name or any of our members so we don't get banned, but I urge blizz to fix this, as it's easily exploitable; getting Lei Shen HC with 200% or whatever damage increase won't be as rewarding for guilds
    You know, if this is true all Blizz has to do is look at guilds that went from 4/13h to 11/13h in a day. It wouldn't be hard.

Yeah, this sounds fishy, as the "damage increasing mechanic" is a debuff applied to only Horridon. Maybe if there was a screenshot of it applied to other mobs and of the DPS charts, this would be interesting, but this post pretty much reeks of BS.

At any rate, if this did happen, as Seezer says, it's not hard for Blizz to find you anyway. Troll or ban, not losing any sleep over this tonight.

hmm. This might explain why i saw a monk having CRAZY hits of his Spinning Crane Kick ( it was 800k+, or more than 1M ). I found this very odd when i saw it, because i don't think anyone in their right mind will use his primairy AoE ability with only 1 target active, and especially not if you're raiding HC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if posting a link to this post on the blizz official forum
    would gain the attention of blizz blues....

Could be Doomhammer Clan on Anub'rekhan as they jumped up pretty fast to 11/13 HC from being a 5/13 guild but the logs show pretty standard damage so leaning toward troll

Either troll or future banned, either way not worried at all.

Deleted
    If this is true, reminds me of the Paladin Seal bug in Dragon Soul. Suddenly all guilds jumped from 2 heroic to 7 out of 8 in a single day.

(stuck on Lei Shen - transitions suck!)
    i giggled just a little

Quote Originally Posted by Silfury View Post
    i giggled just a little
    It's true tho. Transitions is the hardest part of Lei Shen.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    It's not really, it's just that getting through transitions to P3 without anyone dying is the key to the fight. 90% of the wipes on Lei Shen are tries to get to P3 through all the hectic bullshit that goes through. Transitions you have to learn(and trust in RNG to some degree, like some people getting Static twice in 1 Transition), and even then P3 requires very good execution where everything must be correct or you wipe.

That's why P3 is the hardest part of the fight, you need everyone alive with 0 combat resses used so you can res those that get Static Shock and can't soak. Of course this pretty much applies to progress only, for farm the transitions are the hardest since everyone knows what to do positioning-wise in P3 after a few kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    If they were doing 200% extra damage it would be...

At ilvl 545 there is nothing hard except not being retarded in the transitions. The DPS requirements are nothing and P3 is a joke.

I don't believe this by grounds that taking 6 rampages in a row would be nigh impossible for a first kill of Megaera

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobum View Post
    I don't believe this by grounds that taking 6 rampages in a row would be nigh impossible for a first kill of Megaera
    Obviously, they were doing so much damage that they were killing two heads at once. So only 3 Rampages total.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobum View Post
    With 200% increased damage taken? Just go 2 tanks 2 DPS 6 heals. You'll still kill heads on 1-2 breaths XD