Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    In my fast food restaurant, bratty ass screaming kids are processed into burgers.
    cool.
    /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So people without a car can´t order take-out?

That sure is going to get you a lot of customers in a fast-food restaurant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ew. Vomit on French Fries, Vomit (with mixed onions) on a bun, and vomit wrapped in a tortilla. Sorry mate, that looks as unappetizing as hell.
    I'm with you, that literally looks like crap.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way I'd open a fast food place, is if I could afford to franchise to the point where I represent a substantial percentage of the market share. I would then sign exclusive deals with producers and manufacturers, to buy massive amount of produce at an extremely low price. I would approach the business sense in not aiming to be the best quality or the cleanest or the fastest, but the cheapest and uniformly consistent product available.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It would be the most popular fast food restaurant in the area and would attract people from 100 miles away. I would have the following rules.

1. No take out orders taken inside - That's what the drive Thru is for.

2. No Kids under 12 years of age allowed.

3. Separate line for all the pain in the ass people (Those who order food for more than 2 people, special orders, people who dont look at the menu and dont know what they want until its their turn to order and stare at the menu for 5 minutes, people who want to dig through their purse for 3 minutes looking for exact change, people who write checks), and people who order complicated drinks like those iced frappes which require ice to be ground miked and shaken. This way the only people they are holding up are other people like them.

This would ensure those people who simply want to grab something quick to eat for their 30 minute lunch break from work will be able to order, eat, and leave in time so they arent late for work. In addition due to the popularity and good profits I would also institute the following.

1. People would be paid at least $2 more than minimum wage.
    2. Tables would be wiped after each person eats
    3. Condiments will be free
    4. Sodas will have free refills
    5. Food will be served on paper plates instead of being wrapped in paper.

Im sure you would all come

There are place like this in Quebec, it's called a bar
    They even bring your food at your table

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I personally disagree with your idea that not allowing children would be good business. Sure this could work if you were making a high class place, or a bar. But for fast food, i would have to say that is atleast half the profit. Could you stay afloat without it? Perhaps(if this will be as popular as you asume), im just stating you are gimping your profit/missing out on sales imo

2. Your idea to have a "Quick Check Line". While i nice fantasy, I am afraid that this wouldn't be as good for your place as you think(or atleast not how you want to implement it) Everyone, i mean Everyone, is going to want to go to the quick lane. And your comment before of "Sometimes you just have to get rude to people who break the rules" You should be firm on your rules, Of course. But being rude to a custumer is NEVER acceptible. Ever. Your example of restaurants being rude to costumers is a gimmick restaurant. Yours is not that type of gimmick.

3. About your employee, who will supposedly "Just stand there and do nothing but wipe tables". Lets say you have a slow day, what will said person be doing? Standing around? Will You move them to the kitchen? If all they do is mostly wipe tables, are they any good in the kitchen? Just some stuff to keep in mind.

4.With your comment of offering free wifi to attract profesional people, I hate to burst your bubble, but "Proffesional people" dont eat at fast food joints. And if they do want the food, they have an office lackey go fetch it for them. Also your system for "Id have a personalised password on the receipt" Well...just how would you do that? Are you going to hire a tech personal to design this for you? Are you going to do it yourself? And if so will it affect your bussiness by you taking the time out to do this. And do the passwords exspire? Are they forever? Whats to stop being from leeching your internet more then you could afford.

5. Bathrooms. While no business ever wants to be taken advantage of for their bathrooms. I believe your "fix" would discourage people from coming back. Lets say someone who has bathroom issue is unaware of this and Sh*ts or throws up in your dinning room in the confusion. While the situation may be verry rare. You have to take that sort of thing into the equation

6. The no take out, drive through only. How would you enforce that? What if someone doesnt know, or someone is trying to be just plain sneaky? Will you take their food away from them(if so, beware the incoming bad reviews on the internet)? What about people who dont have cars? will you allow them to walk though your drive through?

7. A. With you wanting to pay your employees more, thats verry kind, but first off where is them money coming in for this sort of thing? You first have to get a custumer base and regulars, people have to recomend you. And with all the oddetys at your restuarant, How many people would. I am not saying your restaurant would be bad. Its just you need to be top notch for good reviews. And odd places will recieve reviews that may scare people away from you.
    B. Secondly, It is mostly only teenagers and young adults who are willing to work at fast food places. So how do you know for sure they are reliable? And no matter how good someone is, they usually make mistakes ESPECIALLY in a busy fast food store where there are 10+ people all ordering at once. While it is a nice thought that if you paid people more they would do their job better, some people it does, other people it makes them lazy. and lazy workers= bad service.

8. The style for your outdoor padio is really nice and all, but for a fast food joint, i dont think anyone would appreciatte it. they only care about as you said eating their lunch quick on their 30 min break and getting back.

9. While everyone loves free refills, there comes a problem every place has to worry about. When customers abuse it. What about people who hang out for an hour or two and guzzle your products? While the average person drinks 1-3 ish cups during their stay what about greedy customers? Loitering teens?

Just some issues that came to mind. My personal advice to you. Make a sports bar instead (: with the type of things you want, that would profit alot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    how much sugar is in your fast food? is it fatty? is it gross?

not many fast food outlets are healthy. contributing to the obesity epidemic is not a good plan.
    Hi

I would create a fast food restaurant that exclusively served high-class food. Foie gras, caviar, lobster, that shit. I just want to have a place where you can get smoked sturgeon from a drive-thru window.

With every idea you've listed, the restaurant you own will soon be owned by the bank then by someone wanting to open a sports bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    So people without a car can´t order take-out?

That sure is going to get you a lot of customers in a fast-food restaurant.
    If they dont have a car, then they likely walked to the restaurant and should spend a little time inside relaxing as they eat their meal.

Deleted
    In Belgium kids are the major reason why people go to fast food restaurants, I don't know many adults who go because they like it. So in Belgium you'd go bankrupt instantly by banning children.

If they dont have a car, then they likely walked to the restaurant and should spend a little time inside relaxing as they eat their meal.
    You can't say what other people should do, it's not your choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I would create a fast food restaurant that exclusively served high-class food. Foie gras, caviar, lobster, that shit. I just want to have a place where you can get smoked sturgeon from a drive-thru window.
    Pfft. You're not thinking big enough. You should make it a drive-in diner as well. Nothing screams class like being served by chicks in pleated skirts wearing roller skates.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the people that are in the line he is saying will be for people who only have a 30 min lunch break? Can those people get take out without a car or are we making a pointless line because people on limited time are forced to eat inside?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You can't say what other people should do, it's not your choice to make.
    It's only fast food for cars. The speedy line inside is just a joke. Even if you get your food faster, you can't get it to go.

Will the workers be permitted to assist customers in putting their food into a bag? It would be funny if you don't let your staff bag items to go, but would let them help customers bag it them selfs. Can have this as a slogan: "let us help you do it".

Can you imagine people eating a single fry and then asking to wrap it up?
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-08-04 at 02:12 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

At a normal tone, yes. Its not a library. But I would consider putting a cell phone scrambler in there so people wouldnt be screaming on the phone, and my valued customers wouldnt be interrupted by incessant beeping and ringing
    BAHAHA no. Pretty sure thats Illegal. Besides I read cracked and other stuff when I'm eating unless I'm with friends. Even then I may want to show them a funny video or picture on the Internet. Are you catering to elderly people who don't believe in cell phones?
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Speaker View Post
    BAHAHA no. Pretty sure thats Illegal. Besides I read cracked and other stuff when I'm eating unless I'm with friends. Even then I may want to show them a funny video or picture on the Internet. Are you catering to elderly people who don't believe in cell phones?
    Their delivery service only delivers to rocking chairs and promises to not step on your lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Their delivery service only delivers to rocking chairs and promises to not step on your lawn.
    /shakes fist at cloud.

If I opened a fast food restaurant, extra grease would be mandatory. I'd wrap your burger in the paper like usual then just dip the damn thing in the grease before I give it to you. Take that! Ideally, all the grease would weaken the integrity of the takeaway bag and your burgers would be all over the parking lot before you got to your car.

That's how you business, guys.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.