Should I get a 6th item on lee sin?

So, here's the deal - good Lee Sin ALWAYS has wards with him, because that basically means a free on-demand flash every 7-ish seconds as long as you have wards. But what when I have 4 items and boots finished, should I get the 6th item or just leave the wards on/get a sightstone? What do you think about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    No, you should never get a 6th item on any character. /boggle
    I think you missed the point of what Seph is trying to say.

Back on topic. If you think that having a miniflash is worth losing the potential upgrade of the item that could take that slot, I'd say go for a Ruby Sightstone, a chunk of health and some ghostwards for jumping.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yes , but you only do that at the very end of the game (50min+) which you need to sell ur t2 boot for a damage item with MS (like T force, Zephyr)

Will be missed ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    So, here's the deal - good Lee Sin ALWAYS has wards with him, because that basically means a free on-demand flash every 7-ish seconds as long as you have wards. But what when I have 4 items and boots finished, should I get the 6th item or just leave the wards on/get a sightstone? What do you think about it?
    Ruby Sightstone.

No I understand what he is saying, and it is an old issue that has been talked to death on numerous LoL related forums. Simple fact is that at end game, when everyone else has full builds, holding a spot in your inventory for wards makes you gimp in comparison.

Yeah, having the wards for escapes is awesome. I will never say that is a bad thing. But at the end game you should be pretty much doing nothing but team fighting meaning you should always have a team mate to jump. For that reason holding spots in your inventory for wards is silly. Plus, the support should be laying down wards all over the place anyways. Just watch where they are so you know your escape routes.
    Mhm, I think you're right. That's the answer I've been looking for.

No I understand what he is saying, and it is an old issue that has been talked to death on numerous LoL related forums. Simple fact is that at end game, when everyone else has full builds, holding a spot in your inventory for wards makes you gimp in comparison.

Yeah, having the wards for escapes is awesome. I will never say that is a bad thing. But at the end game you should be pretty much doing nothing but team fighting meaning you should always have a team mate to jump. For that reason holding spots in your inventory for wards is silly. Plus, the support should be laying down wards all over the place anyways. Just watch where they are so you know your escape routes.
    Wards win team fights and games. The support should never be the only one that's warding. Get that out of your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Wards win team fights and games. The support should never be the only one that's warding. Get that out of your system.
    spot left in inventory? at least 75 gold? buy a ward.

map vision wins fights indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    spot left in inventory? at least 75 gold? buy a ward.

map vision wins fights indeed.
    Teaching people that they can use wards mid teamfight wins teamfights... it's so frustrating when your support has still some spirit stone charges left and doesn't use it immediately after a high value target moved into an unwarded bush.

At the end game, 50 min +, the support should be the only person with inventory space left to buy wards. Pull your head out of your ass and read what I said. Don't interpret it. I never said the ONLY person warding should be the support all game, I said at the end game.
    People like you don't know how to support ....

At the end game, 50 min +, the support should be the only person with inventory space left to buy wards. Pull your head out of your ass and read what I said. Don't interpret it. I never said the ONLY person warding should be the support all game, I said at the end game.
    Should? Are you implying that the support must always be the only one to get/have a Ruby Sightstone during late game? Get my head out of my ass?

Yeahhhh, I'm not continuing this discussion. Fucking degenerate.

infracted
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-08-05 at 12:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    If the LoL community would only get this...

To be fair if your game has lasted over 50min it's because your team failed some place down the line. Chances are that is because your team didn't ward to begin with when they could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    To be fair if your game has lasted over 50min it's because your team failed some place down the line. Chances are that is because your team didn't ward to begin with when they could have.
    Well... the other team would have had to failed as well. The guy isn't saying to not buy wards unless you are support, hes saying when everyone is at 6 item builds, a support is usually the only one with wards left. That's perfectly fine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Well... the other team would have had to failed as well. The guy isn't saying to not buy wards unless you are support, hes saying when everyone is at 6 item builds, a support is usually the only one with wards left. That's perfectly fine.

Both teams failing doesn't make it okay. That type of attitude doesn't help in games. That's like saying it's okay that I'm not warding because the other team isn't either. That doesn't make it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play Lee Sin I often pick up a sightstone and hold onto it for the whole game. There are situations where you would want to sell it for an item that offers stronger defenses, but ward jumping in team fights can let you do some pretty crazy plays. Yes, there is usually a team mate to jump to, but if you ward jump flash then kick someone, you can usually get them into your team before they can react.

On any other jungler, besides maybe nunu, I would not advise keeping a sightstone as a 6th item unless you absolutely need everything warded. That's more of a playing with a premade thing though, since it is very uncommon for regular games to have that kind of coordination or vision.

Deleted
    Answer: If you get far into late-game and you have 4items and boots, it might be better to get a proper item instead of ruby sightstone, but this is only when the enemy team has a fed carry. Example if you they have a fed adc a randuins, or a thornmail, or a sunfire cape might be what you need to survive. Yes your ward jump is great, but when it all comes down to 1 teamfight and not small skirmishes and soloescapes you don't need the wards. The new MR item is also pretty good. It is situational, and wards are so good on Lee, but if the next teamfight will win or lose the game it can be beneficial to sell it for a stronger stat item...