Thread: Revival nerf.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Revival nerf.

Revival's healing has been reduced by 30%.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Same healing, less overhealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    Same healing, less overhealing.
    Except when the ability is supposed to be useful, then 30% less healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Except when the ability is supposed to be useful, then 30% less healing.
    Mte. Trying to see the reasoning behind the nerf, coming up slightly short.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see why they would...but they should take away some of the direct healing and put it in a hot.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I can see the reasoning. Less upfront instant instant healing. Except they've given nothing in return. Really sad, maybe our raid cds will be as bad as holy paladins now.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

That's slightly upsetting... 30% is a little too excessive imo... maybe 15% max, MAX.

So now Revival heals for only half as much as Healing Tide, Tranq, and Divine Hymn just because it's instant? I'm not sure I buy that balance logic.

IMO it was either the Revival nerf or ReM + Expel Harm + Mana Tea nerf. Pick your poison.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    IMO it was either the Revival nerf or ReM + Expel Harm + Mana Tea nerf.
    Why? It's not like they haven't buffed the other specs to be competitive with us. One of the areas MW is really lacking on is raid CDs so making the few they have notably worse doesn't seem like a great idea.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Meh. Druid time.
    =[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Why are they nerfing our throughput when it's the only thing we're actually good at?

Deleted
    overnerfing our strenghts but not compensing by upping our weakness like every other heals?

Stop crying. It's a 3% overall nerf to our healing (if that). We're still going to be freaking amazing next patch and easily the second best healer in the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Stop crying. It's a 3% overall nerf to our healing (if that). We're still going to be freaking amazing next patch and easily the second best healer in the raid.
    Lol, please.

Druids - Insane buffs in 5.4, some cool new stuff and QOL changes
    Paladins - Have a lot of changes going in to 5.4 (mostly balancing talent/spells), still in a good place and are extremely competitive on all fights. Not to mention all their cooldowns they bring to fights...
    Priest (Disc) - No nerfs, no buffs, same as they are in 5.3 OP.
    Priest (Holy) - It still gets played? Oh yeah they got some changes to make it viable but as disc is OP expect this to be unused.
    Shaman - Not sure how these guys are going to be, can't see them being great in 10m but they have buffs to healing rain and HTT is now baseline

Monks - Yay, we get a shield on our mastery

If you're basing your 'second best healer' statement on HPS then yes maybe, however on a HPS I see it as Disc > Druid > Monk = Paladin

And why bring a Monk when you can get a Paladin's cooldowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Lol, please.

Druids - Insane buffs in 5.4, some cool new stuff and QOL changes
    Paladins - Have a lot of changes going in to 5.4 (mostly balancing talent/spells), still in a good place and are extremely competitive on all fights. Not to mention all their cooldowns they bring to fights...
    Priest (Disc) - No nerfs, no buffs, same as they are in 5.3 OP.
    Priest (Holy) - It still gets played? Oh yeah they got some changes to make it viable but as disc is OP expect this to be unused.
    Shaman - Not sure how these guys are going to be, can't see them being great in 10m but they have buffs to healing rain and HTT is now baseline

Monks - Yay, we get a shield on our mastery

If you're basing your 'second best healer' statement on HPS then yes maybe, however on a HPS I see it as Disc > Druid > Monk = Paladin

And why bring a Monk when you can get a Paladin's cooldowns?
    Monks are the only healer which doesn't die. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Monks are the only healer which doesn't die. Ever.
    How bad are your other healers that this justifies nerfing us?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish revival would turn into a spell that put renewing mists on everyone and gave u 4 chi.

Thanks for the info, I will be watching this change closely, revival is vital to most raids I attend, if they didn't have me casting that, most raids would wipe, it's become a staple raid cd, if they nerf it 30% either cut the cd in half, or that's it, I'm out of this game.

Edit: this is very major to me(not that my opinion matters more than anyone else) but I'm preemptively cancelling my subscription until I either see an in-depth explanation for these changes, or they are reverted.

I'm just one of a million who have threatened to quit over a nerf. and this is the first time I've ever considered quitting because of a nerf, and if it goes through, it will likely be my last time.

Sorry for being dramatic, but it's the truth of the matter.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2013-08-03 at 12:07 PM.

Well, good thing tranq and divine hymn, healing tide totem, you know... those actual useful healing cooldowns that are channeled for 8 seconds and do sustained healing for sustained damage aren't getting nerfed. That revival on fights like iron qon where the healing it does will make you laugh during something like a fist smash reaaaally shows how overpowered it is. Unless this is a PvP nerf, which could be the only possible reason and in which case...thanks PvP. But monks are obviously OP, so you know, don't bother to compensate. It's not like MWs don't suffer from a lack of raid CDs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Meh. Druid time.
    Pretty much the new monks, really. I was afraid of becoming the next Ret paladins if they had gone through with the actual MW changes they had planned.
    Last edited by La; 2013-08-03 at 12:27 PM.