Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazinth View Post
    The whole "we always have had RNG" is a very poor argument. I do think RNG is a vital part of the game but it doesn't mean you can't tweak the system. Blizzard tweaks everything else. With the bonus rolls, you really have to beat RNG twice. You have to win the roll and you have to win the roll for RNG to select the item you are after. Why not have a focus item option? If you win the roll then RNG can award your focus item or from a pool of items you selected? Or a trade in option, you trade 5 bonus items for 1 selected item. I mean really winning 3-4 of the same item really only benefits disenchanters. This means you will have beat the RNG 5 times for a specific item on bonus rolls. I'm sure there are a lot of good solutions out there if blizzard would think outside the box. Just because we have always done something doesn't we mean we shouldn't change.
    Your idea is amazing ... hasn't Blizzard ever thought of implementing something like that for unlucky streaks like mine ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    I've come to terms that I'm going into 5.4 with a 496 weapon. Sad considering my item level is 538.
    I feel you . It's so hard for me to have thunderforged items on me and BLUE FREAKING WEAPON ! Anyways good luck for the rest of 5.3 .

MAY THE RNG GODS SHINE UPON YOU ALL !
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Aren't you fed up with RNG on loot and unlucky streaks ?
    I mean they could implement some sort of w/e conselation system where you gather up some "unlucky coins" and you can buy the item you can't get from lfr.
    It happens. Case in point. I went through WoTLK using the same ilevel 200 off hand. Never got an upgrade for that piece.

I went through Cata with the same 346 healing helm without getting an upgrade until just before MoP. Even then it was because a guildmate gave it to me.

So it happens. Just live with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, welcome to World of Warcraft!
    You must be new here.

For the past 5-6 weeks I've been trying to gear up this character. Doing heroic scenarios every day, even though I get valor capped fairly quickly, lfrs, normal alt runs, even cm dailies ... but the RNG is just spitting in my face ... I'm still holding 483/471 weapons I've had since March or something ...

Aren't you fed up with RNG on loot and unlucky streaks ?
    I mean they could implement some sort of w/e conselation system where you gather up some "unlucky coins" and you can buy the item you can't get from lfr.

Let's say you get 1 unlucky coin per loot bag and you'll need 10-20-30 or w/e you think it's suitable, to buy a 502 item that drops from LFR .
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tinos/advanced
    pff ...
    /rant off
    I agree completely, I mean the BS bonus rolls were supposed to help, but they in fact do not, I have given up running LFR as I feel I should be guaranteed at least 1 piece of loot per section. I play the game for gear, so this is probably why I feel this way, but is 3-4 pieces of loot really that much to ask for on 12 bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    meh ... another week without anything worth mentioning and still with the same weapons .

meh ... another week without anything worth mentioning and still with the same weapons .
    I'm feeling you. Only upgrades I got this week were the Legendary meta gem (finally getting the last Secret of the Empire) and a crafted helmet (which I made myself).

Otherwise not a single damn thing. No weapon, no offhand, no tier head, chest, legs or gloves...

Oh well, reset today!

I'm fed up with he incredibly low drop rate on Titan Runestones. 4 weeks, 24 bosses killed that CAN drop it , 4 rune stones. I understand that this is meant to be a grind. But at this rate it will literally take a total of 3 months to get a cloak. Not to mention all the other shit I had to do to get to this point in the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm fed up with he incredibly low drop rate on Titan Runestones. 4 weeks, 24 bosses killed that CAN drop it , 4 rune stones. I understand that this is meant to be a grind. But at this rate it will literally take a total of 3 months to get a cloak. Not to mention all the other shit I had to do to get to this point in the quest.
    Did they say they had plans to have the runestones drop in SoO? otherwise you'll be running fucking throne of thunder till the god damn expansion is done at this rate and I'm already sick of that place with 3 more secrets to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I'm feeling you. Only upgrades I got this week were the Legendary meta gem (finally getting the last Secret of the Empire) and a crafted helmet (which I made myself).
    I had 4 to go today. I've cleared lfr and got all of ONE. How much more fucking rng bullshit do I have to swallow?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I feel I should be guaranteed at least 1 piece of loot per section.
    Not meaning to add fuel to the fire, but what makes you feel so entitled to gear?

For the record, I've been in ToT for 3 months + and out of 5 possible 1-hand agi weapons, not a single one has dropped, once. I got one on a coin roll once, but what good is one 1-hander? Been sitting in my bank for the last month. We've all been bitten by the RNG bug.

I have it on good authority that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has a pretty cool system where I'm guaranteed a new weapon in direct correllation to how much I play. Might go give that a hoon.

I am fed up with the RNG that encompasses everything from general life to WoW, but that is the way things work with all things.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    3 bonus coins used on Animus everyweek since it launched and never seen a chest token drop. While it is annoying (my last tier piece needed for set bonus) it's just the way things go. Keeps us coming back, else if we got everything too fast, you'd just end up sitting about bored lol.
    What spec has a 5-piece set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I don't think I said any spec has a 5-piece set bonus..

I have 3 pieces of tier atm, I need the chest to make that 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Not all tier pieces are good itemized. Often some of them are just plain awful and better be replaced by off-set. Thus people go for best 4 pieces for set bonus, and get off-set instead of 5th one. When they say they need only "chest" (or "helm", etc.) for their 4p bonus, it means they don't want badly itemized "legs", not that they have 4 pieces already and there is 5-piece set bonus.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-08-07 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Not all tier pieces are good itemized. Often some of them are just plain awful and better be replaced by off-set. Thus people go for best 4 pieces for set bonus, and get off-set instead of 5th one.
    Indeed this is the case My off set gloves are better than the LFR tier gloves hence why I only need the chest to complete my set bonus

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why the world is screwed up, people feel as though everyone should get a reward everytime they do something its a boss sometimes your lucky sometimes your not but quite honestly we need to stop feeling as though we deserve something everytime we do something
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Not in the least fed up with it. RNG has been a part of gaming for decades now and it always will be. This is what JP and VP is for, to help fill the gaps when RNG isn't going your way.

rng sux when it doesnt go ur way. but hey i hate chance...i prefer guarantees.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a dated mechanic and should be done away with or modified to be less frustrating.

I think part of the problem stems from the existence of sites like WoWhead. Thanks to WoWhead, we know exactly who drops what and we start "planning" what we want, then when we don't get it, we get pissed that we wasted our time.

RNG drops are good for bonus stuff - it comes as a pleasant surprise when we get something nice. But as the main "bread and butter" form of character advancement, it is bloody retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I had 4 to go today. I've cleared lfr and got all of ONE. How much more fucking rng bullshit do I have to swallow?
    3 more weeks.. might get it just before patch if you're lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I hope the best of luck to you for this . A friend of mine had no runestones drop for 3 weeks (before the implimentation of Leishen guaranteed drop) . I was fairly lucky with those finishing within 6 weeks .