Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    I'm almost sure RPPM chance to proc does not increase gradually, unless you go 1.5x the expected time to proc without getting a new proc (only happens 25% of the time on average). Anyway I'm sure everyone agrees that trinket procs being so random is terrible.

I think a better topic than the RPPM complaining that is all over every thread is what we should replace UVLS with as soon as 5.4 hits, or if we should replace it at all. It's still looking like it will have higher RPPM than our other options, but no pull protection and lower proc rate plus the removal of EA could really mess with the playstyle. For that reason it might be better to just go with a different trinket from 5.3 for the start of progress.
    Right now it's looking like the amp trinket combined with the wush 2.0 ... but cleave can be pretty strong for some fights too. Will have to do a LOT more testing though ... maybe once flex/lfr hit for a little longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    Right now it's looking like the amp trinket combined with the wush 2.0 ... but cleave can be pretty strong for some fights too. Will have to do a LOT more testing though ... maybe once flex/lfr hit for a little longer.
    I mean an old trinket, in case UVLS become so nerfed that it's worse than Wushoolay/Breath/Cha-ya. I don't know if it will, but it seems to suffer a lot from many changes.

For new trinkets, it's a given that amp is BiS. The passive is amazing, and an ICD int proc is the best there is as well.

I'm not so sure about the stacking int one... Due to all the RPPM changes, it is unlikely to proc at the pull, so it will give you no benefit to your initial burst beside the passive haste. However, the only real alternative for single target is the multi-strike KTT, which has the same shitty RPPM mechanic for its proc For crit demo the crit proc trinket could well end up being BiS, especially if the ICD and proc rate work so it lines up with Bindings. In that case you can also line it up with DS if you are using AD.

For affliction I think it will be closer. Bindings is obviously the best, but I think multi-strike (at least the passive works on pull), stacking int (24k int on the normal one, massive for dots) and crit proc (ICDs lining up with DS? Yes please) all have a shot at being the 2nd best trinket.

In the end we will have to wait for solid simulations to make any real conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    I mean an old trinket, in case UVLS become so nerfed that it's worse than Wushoolay/Breath/Cha-ya. I don't know if it will, but it seems to suffer a lot from many changes.

For new trinkets, it's a given that amp is BiS. The passive is amazing, and an ICD int proc is the best there is as well.

I'm not so sure about the stacking int one... Due to all the RPPM changes, it is unlikely to proc at the pull, so it will give you no benefit to your initial burst beside the passive haste. However, the only real alternative for single target is the multi-strike KTT, which has the same shitty RPPM mechanic for its proc For crit demo the crit proc trinket could well end up being BiS, especially if the ICD and proc rate work so it lines up with Bindings. In that case you can also line it up with DS if you are using AD.

For affliction I think it will be closer. Bindings is obviously the best, but I think multi-strike (at least the passive works on pull), stacking int (24k int on the normal one, massive for dots) and crit proc (ICDs lining up with DS? Yes please) all have a shot at being the 2nd best trinket.

In the end we will have to wait for solid simulations to make any real conclusions.
    I think for sure this is a tier where we will end up having different BiS lists for different fights - the trinkets are just too unique in some cases.

after getting stunned 3 times in a row during UVLS procs on iron qon this week I don't feel bad at all about eventually dropping this trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    after getting stunned 3 times in a row during UVLS procs on iron qon this week I don't feel bad at all about eventually dropping this trinket.
    Or having no procs for ~2 minutes then proc (multiple times) during the intermission phase of Lei Shen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    Or having no procs for ~2 minutes then proc (multiple times) during the intermission phase of Lei Shen.
    haha i think every lock with the UVLS know that scenario quite well, it seems to be the only thing we can count on with that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    haha i think every lock with the UVLS know that scenario quite well, it seems to be the only thing we can count on with that trinket.
    I've had it proc during heroic Twins at least once while I activated the Celestials.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

For 5.4 I don't like the stacking int trinket for a second (amp being a given) for two reasons. First its RPPM which we all generally are not fans of. Second its from the last boss (near I can tell sorry if I'm mistaken) which means the heroic version isn't even available until progression is finished. Thus the normal version has to compete with the heroic versions of other trinkets in terms of a progression push.

Do we know where the static int + crit proc non ICD trinket is going to come from yet? As of 17260 build it still has no name thus confirmed origin afaik...

last time had a 8.3x on my meta gem and it didn't proc so .. screw rppm
    if i get the trinket (lol) and blizz finally decides on all the changes for 5.4 we will see again. with all the current changes i get the feeling that blizzard doesn't know what they realy wana do .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    I've had it proc during heroic Twins at least once while I activated the Celestials.
    Lightning storm on Iron Qon is my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    Lightning storm on Iron Qon is my favorite
    At least the boss is still targetable.

Deleted
    targetable but not attackable, well not the few few seconds atleast as far as i remember.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    targetable but not attackable, well not the few few seconds atleast as far as i remember.
    He is definitely attack-able, as soon as you are freed of the initial wind.

Shrug. ICDs are pretty stupid frankly, trinkets are supposed to be random not guaranteed to go off at predictable intervals. But players don't like random. And they like early burst, which Blizzard is consciously trying to reduce.

If Blizzard wanted trinkets to always be up exactly when you want them, they would all be on-use.

Personally I don't much like trinkets at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am kind of disappointed that blizz never did a on use trinket. Especially since so many of the 5.4 trinkets interact horribly with our pets. That said I'm keeping my eyes open on our weekly drops for other trinkets but none have dropped or coined in months.

So far its amp + xxx, the cleave one is looking better or at least will be a required piece on some fights. (though the legendary cloak kinda does that already) BBoY is turning to be really bad. TBH I wish the static int + crit trinket were not from the isle but a boss so we could get a heroic ilvl version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shrug. ICDs are pretty stupid frankly, trinkets are supposed to be random not guaranteed to go off at predictable intervals. But players don't like random. And they like early burst, which Blizzard is consciously trying to reduce.

If Blizzard wanted trinkets to always be up exactly when you want them, they would all be on-use.

Personally I don't much like trinkets at all.
    Players like consistency in their DPS regarding their play, not necessarily early burst. I'd be happy having my damage spread out later during an encounter, but when the first 2 minutes of my damage vary 30% based on luck in the first 23 seconds, I'm not terribly pleased. "That one pull" where BotH and UVLS both ignore you at the start of Lei Shen, the raid leader says "Damage is low, really push it" every time.

The more severe issue is that the change to RPPM proc-on-pull effects won't reduce starting burst - it'll make lower-end pulls MUCH more common and super-high-burst pulls much LESS common - but I'll still see 475k openers on Lei Shen and 250-300k openers. I'll just see a lot more of the lower ones, and more phase-ones ending at 190k (UVLS procs on the final platform rather than in the opener, but not with my second DS) instead of like 265k (UVLS procs at the start with BotH, and both procs are relatively generous through p1 - the longer term effect is closer to 25-30k, but 10-15% variance is still WAY too high when you're pushing for a new kill).

I'm not really that big a fan of the way trinkets work right now either, but neutering their effect compared to other things would go a long way to making it more consistent. On-use and ICD are better systems for things tuned as tightly as heroic raids, because consistency is SO important.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-08-08 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    He is definitely attack-able, as soon as you are freed of the initial wind.
    That's wind storm bro. Wrong storm you got there.