Deleted

Need help with my Dell computer (new cpu cooler)

Hi Guys!
    I dont really know where else to go and ask this question,and since i think there are very good people here,that know alot of stuff i wanted to give it a try.

I got a Dell XPS 8300 and made alot of changes. Its already in a new case,has new fans and a new graphics card. The only real things that i wanna change now,is the cpu cooler (some crap dell stock) and the psu (grey noname dell thingy).
    I hope some of you have experience with this board: Its the micro atx board called "0Y2MRG" from Dell Inc.
    I need to know if the screws are exactly the same as on every other lga 1155 socket and if the fan header will accept other fans than the stock one (heard/read various strange things about both).
    But wait,theres more! On the back of the mobo,there's a backplate which seems to not only hold down the cooler,also the socket itself (by the looks). So if i remove the cooler,the backplate will likely need to stay at its place and will leave no space for the screws/push pins of my new cooler.
    Not entirely sure which cooler i want to have,but i was thinking about a standard,not too expensive tower cooler,without a backplate.
    I hope someone can help me with this problem.
    Thanks alot in advance,and sorry for my poor english,
    ZarG :)

99% sure it uses same holes on the board as socket 1156/1155/1150 since it looks like totally normal mATX board with few less SATA connectors. Can't say anything about any back plates since I couldn't find a picture online of the backside of that board. Most third party coolers come with their own backplate and have instructions on how to use it, but can't guarantee it'll fit if there's something really weird going on with that board.

More important question is: why? You can't overclock it so why bother changing the fan in the first place?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    99% sure it uses same holes on the board as socket 1156/1155/1150 since it looks like totally normal mATX board with few less SATA connectors. Can't say anything about any back plates since I couldn't find a picture online of the backside of that board. Most third party coolers come with their own backplate and have instructions on how to use it, but can't guarantee it'll fit if there's something really weird going on with that board.

More important question is: why? You can't overclock it so why bother changing the fan in the first place?
    Its incredibly loud even though its slow and idle temps are already around 55-60°C :/

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/at...n-img_0954.jpg
    (just remove the spaces,cant post links yet)
    A pic of the backplate that i made myself.
    well,there are various coolers without backplates,but im not really sure by now which one i will take

mod-edit: fixed link
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-08-03 at 10:22 AM.

This is what the normal 1156/1155/1150 backplate looks like, and this is what all third party coolers are designed around.

Unfortunately there's pretty good chance you can't get non-Dell coolers that have custom backplate to work with the board unless you try to take off the backplate and cut it smaller to fit under custom cooler backplates.

Another thing you can probably do lot easier is just replace the fan only for quieter model and keep the heatsink as it is.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-08-03 at 09:49 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thread moved to sub-forum.